+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Hi pazook,

I didn't attach any document in my case specific inquiry. I wrote in the message box that I am requesting them to confirm if my application has been received at their office, which was mailed on this and this date, received at CIC Sydeny office on this and this date, signed by (initials) as indicated on Canada Post's confirmation report. I indicated that so far I have not received any confirmation that my application was received at their office.

I also sent an email to question@cic.gc.ca, the same day as I made the case specific inquiry, i included the exact same data in my email as i did for case specific inquiry and in addition in email, I also provided Canada Post Tracking Number.

Good Luck.

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
hello to all,

today I received discover Canada book and acknowledgement letter from CIC , date on letter is 4 dec

my time line

application received 29 September
sent case specific enquiry 10 December
e-case updated - 12 December (with only one line that we received your application on dated -----)
received book and acknowledgement letter - 15 December ( date of acknowledgement 4th December )letter

thanks

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
ualiu said:
I still did not receive any reply. Today I called CIC and gave him the client No. receipt No. and tracking No. (UPS). I was told that he cannot find my application in the system and that guy sent a request to the processing centre on my case. I need wait two more weeks to get more information.
What a frustrated day. My application was received on Sep 30 and CIC call message said they are processing the application received by Oct 10th.
I cannot do anying rather than wait, and wait....
ualiu

Think about my situation. I am in more frustrating situation than you. My application was received by CIC on Sep 8 from Canada post tracking but still now I have not received any AOR and call center could not even find any thing. Even call center agent did not cooperate to send a request to case processing center.

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkhan37 said:
My ECAS is finally activated as well on Friday :D. I see a few others on here have also got their ECAS activated the same day.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 15, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 4, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

**I personally think only having ECAS activated doesn't mean the application is in process but it just means that the application is complete. The ECAS will say "In Process" when CIC start processing the application. I talked to CIC on Thursday, they said there is no movement on my application.
Any thoughts??

i think that is true because my e-cas has 3 line and 3 th line says we started processing your application

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 28, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 28, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on November 17, 2014.

so eventhough they send you a study book still does not say that they start processing your application,its confusing!!!!! :(

nv4canada

May 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
12-01-2011
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
Hello All

I had sent my application on 25th Sep and it was received on 26th Sep but still no updates from CIC. We called CIC twice so far and they can't seem to find out file. The agent told us to wait for 6 weeks and if we don't get update till then, we should resend the application.

I just submitted case inquiry like others in this forum did so will wait for the response. Good luck to all.

alene

Sep 16, 2014
Update:

Yesterday december 15, I got my mail from Sydney, Nova Scotia with my discover Canada book on it.

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My passport stamps are in arabic, however, I still have the flight tickets confirmation.
Should I translate the stamps or I can show them the tickets?

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Ralph82,

Get your stamps translated and bring the flight tickets as well with you. You dont wanna give them a reason to get RQed.

Ralph82 said:
My passport stamps are in arabic, however, I still have the flight tickets confirmation.
Should I translate the stamps or I can show them the tickets?

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
Hello Ralph82,

Get your stamps translated and bring the flight tickets as well with you. You dont wanna give them a reason to get RQed.
Thank you IrCanada :)

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I did.. IRCANADA,

I applied the day before yesterday,

I did my test yesterday,

and I became a citizen today !

:p :p

alene

Sep 16, 2014
pazook said:
Hi alene;
Congratulation.
When did you send your application?
Thank you,
I sent my application on September 18 and they received it on sept. 22
They started processing my application on November 22.