+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
londonOntario said:
Received RQ in the mailbox today. Dated 4 Dec 2014. Sent by Mississauga office.
It looks like your case was moving fast... Some still got their citizenship after RQ within reasonable time. What is your eCAS showing? Is there any reference to RQ ?

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Hey Guys, How do you know if your application is transferred to local office or not?
Do they send any letter/email or does it reflect on ECAS?

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arambi said:
It looks like your case was moving fast... Some still got their citizenship after RQ within reasonable time. What is your eCAS showing? Is there any reference to RQ ?
eCAS just shows In Process. No reference to RQ.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
pompi said:
Hey Guys, How do you know if your application is transferred to local office or not?
Do they send any letter/email or does it reflect on ECAS?

How do you know if your application is transferred to local office or not? YOU CALL CIC AND AGENT CONFIRM THAT YOUR FILE HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE, OR YOU RECEIVE ANY REQUEST, LETTER OR PHONE CALL FROM LOCAL OFFICE (RQ, LIGHT RQ, TEST INVITE, SPECIFIC REQUEST OF SOME DOCUMENTS, ETC)

Do they send any letter/email or does it reflect on ECAS? NO

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy Sunday all ,

Congrats on all the updates! I suspect that some more July and August applicants can expect to receive invites to appear to write the test between January- February,
While applicants like myself who applied towards the end of August and early September can expect to appear by the earliest February -March (just a hunch)
now CIC is welcomed to surprise us and invite us sooner. ;)

P.S I predict January to be a very active month****

positive vibes to you all.

bkhan37

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
My ECAS is finally activated as well on Friday :D. I see a few others on here have also got their ECAS activated the same day.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 15, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 4, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

**I personally think only having ECAS activated doesn't mean the application is in process but it just means that the application is complete. The ECAS will say "In Process" when CIC start processing the application. I talked to CIC on Thursday, they said there is no movement on my application.
Any thoughts??

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkhan37 said:
My ECAS is finally activated as well on Friday :D. I see a few others on here have also got their ECAS activated the same day.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 15, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 4, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

**I personally think only having ECAS activated doesn't mean the application is in process but it just means that the application is complete. The ECAS will say "In Process" when CIC start processing the application. I talked to CIC on Thursday, they said there is no movement on my application.
Any thoughts??

I believe the agents know very little more than we do, (or at least they appear this way). your application may very well be in process but not updated to that regard yet.
8 times out of 10 when you call CIC you have to pull teeth to get detailed info from the agents, and even when they do eventually place you on hold and return, the info they provide is not always accurate.

So lets just be happy that e-cas is updated for you and file is being worked on, try not to take the agents too seriously. ;)

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Google spreadsheet for October 2014 applicants shows that the following applicants who applied on or before 6th October, 2014 have not received their AOR yet:

RHH, johoja, ualiu, skFSW, milla, paul, JAN01

Did any one of the above noted applicants receive any sort of correspondence from CIC yet?

My application was received on 6th October, 2014, so far no AOR, i sent a case specific inquiry on 9th December, no response yet.

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
immi2011 said:
Google spreadsheet for October 2014 applicants shows that the following applicants who applied on or before 6th October, 2014 have not received their AOR yet:

RHH, johoja, ualiu, skFSW, milla, paul, JAN01

Did any one of the above noted applicants receive any sort of correspondence from CIC yet?

My application was received on 6th October, 2014, so far no AOR, i sent a case specific inquiry on 9th December, no response yet.
I have not received any update/AOR yet.. But my eCas status is IN PROCESS from Nov 25th.

Also another notice I saw is that we have requested for a name change which started appearing on eCas. Initially eCas activated with my old name.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Guys

Need help on this one. My application was received by CIC on September 8th as per Canada Post tracking. But I still have not received any AOR via email or post. When I called CIC the agent could not find any thing and asked me to call back again ten days after. As per CIC call center automated message they are now processing application from October 10 where as mine was delivered on September 8th. Can any one suggest my way out in this situation?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Hi Alex_78

I would suggest you to make a case specific inquiry. I was in same situation (even received date was almost a month after you) and I did case specific inquiry on 9th Dec and I received AOR via email today. Good luck.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
immi2011 said:
Hi Alex_78

I would suggest you to make a case specific inquiry. I was in same situation (even received date was almost a month after you) and I did case specific inquiry on 9th Dec and I received AOR via email today. Good luck.
HI Immi2011

Can you please suggest what do you mean by case specific inquiry? How to make that? Like I called CIC call center and gave them my client id no but they could not find any thing from system.

Regards

immi2011

Aug 14, 2011
Hi Alex_78

Here is the link of forum section where this was discussed, i hope this helps

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/september-2014-citizenship-application-t238133.0.html;msg3814993#msg3814993

pazook

Feb 27, 2012
Hi Immi2011,
Congratulation for the AOR
would you please let me know what did you write in the message box when you fill the case specific inquiry? did you attached any document to your case specific inquiry?
Thanks

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
I still did not receive any reply. Today I called CIC and gave him the client No. receipt No. and tracking No. (UPS). I was told that he cannot find my application in the system and that guy sent a request to the processing centre on my case. I need wait two more weeks to get more information.
What a frustrated day. My application was received on Sep 30 and CIC call message said they are processing the application received by Oct 10th.
I cannot do anying rather than wait, and wait....