+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Thanks for the info !

skFSW said:
That's not true.. I got FP request during PR time and I got it now again. My wife did not get it neither PR nor citizenship. It actually depend on that weather you have a common name. Also I checked with FP Agency they told me that they don't keep neither CIC or RCMP keep your FP. Also the FP result are valid only for 1 year.

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
I did my FP yesterday and checked with RCMP today- its been sent St Clair office

Date: Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: Digital fingerprint status for Canadian Citizenship - File No: XXXX, Name - XXXX YYYY ZZZZ

Good day,
In response to your request for a status update on a Civil Criminal Record verification:

Please be advised that the verification in question was completed on January 22, 2015 and the result has been sent to:

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA
ST CLAIR CIC
25 ST CLAIR AVENUE EAST, 2ND FLOOR
TORONTO ON M4T 1M2
NOTE:
CFSS processes more than 15,000 criminal record searches each month. The processing times for applications will vary depending on whether or not an individuals fingerprints can be associated to a criminal holding maintained by the RCMP. For those that are associated and or a manual review must take place, the process can take in excess of one hundred and twenty (120) days. For those that are not associated the processing time is significantly less. For further information on processing times please visit our website.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

Thank you for contacting us,
Merci de nous contacter ,
The Call Center of CFSS - Centre d’appel du STDC
RCMP - Forensic Science and Identification Services
GRC - Services des sciences judiciaires et de l’identité
Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services
Services canadiens d'identification criminelle en temps réel
Civil Fingerprint Screening Services
Services de triage des dactylogrammes civils

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Citizenship Timeline:
Date Sent => 16-Sep-2014
Date Received => 18-Sep-2014 (According to eCAS)
eCAS updated => 20-Nov-2014
Processing Started => 17-Nov-2014
Rcvd Line disappeared => 9-Dec-2014
AOR/Book in Mailbox => 9-Dec-2014
Fingerprints Request Received(St Clair Office) => 20 Jan 2015(Letter Dated 17 Jan 2015)
Fingerprints Done =>21st Jan 2015
Fingerprints Sent to CIC by RCMP => 22nd Jan 2015
Test Date => ???

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hera9 said:
I think you should get ATIP report. Some people received AOR after they requested ATIP report. It takes one month to get a report if you choose electronic file via email. It might trigger something.
Submitting Case Specific Enquiry will help.

Submitting ATIP will not yield anything because the application is not entered into the system yet.

If you still would like to go with submitting ATIP, its personally your own call.

kefche1

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Citizenship Application

Hi all,

Does anyone know what job is done by the local offices other then sending the test invitations ?
CIC Sydney is doing the background checks according to the CIC agents I contacted over the phone.
99% of the time we wait i.e. "In Process" is while our applications are in the local office but what are they actually doing there is totally unclear and the CIC agents say they don't know ... SERIOUSLY?

Thank you all

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hera9 said:
I think you should get ATIP report. Some people received AOR after they requested ATIP report. It takes one month to get a report if you choose electronic file via email. It might trigger something.
I thought ATIP requests couldn't be done without a case #? I have done the email and online case inquiry -- the email was answered with a generic response saying Citizenship is a long process that takes 24+ months bla bla bla with no apparent actual "effort" into looking for my application. The online case inquiry has yielded no response whatsoever.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Submitting Case Specific Enquiry will help.

Submitting ATIP will not yield anything because the application is not entered into the system yet.

If you still would like to go with submitting ATIP, its personally your own call.
That's what I thought too.. I did that Jan 5th, so far no answer but I assume it will take a few more weeks till they say anything.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Citizenship Application

kefche1 said:
Hi all,
Does anyone know what job is done by the local offices other then sending the test invitations ?
CIC Sydney is doing the background checks according to the CIC agents I contacted over the phone.
99% of the time we wait i.e. "In Process" is while our applications are in the local office but what are they actually doing there is totally unclear and the CIC agents say they don't know ... SERIOUSLY?

Thank you all
Do you still trust CIC call center agents. I do not believe them. Most of them do not even look deep in your file before answering and have no clue about the process.

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014

This contradicts to what I was told by a CUC agent - He said it is the local office that does the mandatory background checks, not Sydney.

kefche1 said:
Hi all,

Thank you all

informatics

Aug 3, 2009

chelavnzuo said:
This contradicts to what I was told by a CUC agent - He said it is the local office that does the mandatory background checks, not Sydney.
I agree ! Its the case with atleast the new applicants e.g. my son's application was transferred to the local office after just one day of getting in process. Needless to say that the BG checks were completed (at Sydney) in just one day , unless they were already done before getting in process .

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I just got ecas update: (Montreal office)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 14, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on January 20, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
informatics said:
I am also a Calgarian . My file transferred to Calgary just last week
Lets keep in toch. As I suppose this will be a long journey

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Denmark. They took my new passport. :-X

BTW, they took my passport for Italy, Malta as well as Ireland.

I guess my next vacation destination is Prague - I really like their VISA issue method. :) :)
kiske saath ghoom rahi hai

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

paulcanada74 said:
I just got ecas update: (Montreal office)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 14, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on January 20, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
Look like it's moving forward 8)

Go go go CIC !