+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Hera9 said:
I received FP request letter dated on 15 Jan from St Clair office too. I did my FP on 19 Jan. Lately, FP requests had increased significantly. We have a similar timeline. Almost identical.
Yup

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Hi,

Congrats....did you received FP request during PR ?

era1521 said:
I just received the test invitation - mailed Jan 20:
Date Sent => 29-Sep-2014
Date Sydney Received => 7-Oct-2014 (According to eCAS)
eCAS enabled => 20-Nov-2014
Processing Started => 17-Nov-2014
AOR in Mailbox => 9-Dec-2014
Local Office => Mississauga
Test=> 13-Feb-2015

eCAS has no update for file transferred or sent test invite.

Good luck to everyone!

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Yes I know I am just trying to co-relate usually when a person receives fingerprint.
Sometimes during PR you get FP then you dont receive it while citizenship application processing.
Still not 100% true; variations occur

era1521 said:
Cheers,
PR? what do you mean. PR as in Permanent Resident? We talking here about citizenship.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
ajay95 said:
Yes I know I am just trying to co-relate usually when a person receives fingerprint.
Sometimes during PR you get FP then you dont receive it while citizenship application processing.
When I landed first in Canada, I landed as a PR. I had Immigration papers from my home country. During Immigration process I was not requested to submit finger prints, but it was back in 1999. Anyway I never heard anyone being requested FP during Immigration process, at least not from my home country (EU country).
No FP for citizenship either, and this is my second application. First one in 2006 was denied.

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
OK great; well I got FP request- lets see how it goes

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 16-Sep-2014
Date Received => 18-Sep-2014 (According to eCAS)
eCAS updated => 20-Nov-2014
Rcvd Line disappeared => 9-Dec-2014
AOR/Book in Mailbox => 9-Dec-2014
Fingerprints Request Received => 20 Jan 2015(Letter Dated 17 Jan 2015)
Fingerprints Done =>21st Jan 2015
Test Date => ???

era1521 said:
When I landed first in Canada, I landed as a PR. I had Immigration papers from my home country. During Immigration process I was not requested to submit finger prints, but it was back in 1999. Anyway I never heard anyone being requested FP during Immigration process, at least not from my home country (EU country).
No FP for citizenship either, and this is my second application. First one in 2006 was denied.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skFSW said:
Yesterday.. I got the Fingerprint request for me

Here is timeline

App Sent-22-Sept-14
App Recei-29-Sept-14
ecas Active-Nov-25-14
In PROCESS-21-Nov-14
Received line disappear-Dec-5,14
AOR Received-Dec 17,14
FingerPrint RQ received-19-Jan-14

ajay95 said:
Got fingerprint request today from St Clair CIC Office; Local office - Scarborough

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 16-Sep-2014
Date Received => 18-Sep-2014 (According to eCAS)
eCAS updated => 20-Nov-2014
Rcvd Line disappeared => 9-Dec-2014
AOR/Book in Mailbox => 9-Dec-2014
Fingerprints Request Received => 20 Jan 2015(Letter Dated 17 Jan 2015)
Test Date =>
Hera9 said:
I received FP request letter dated on 15 Jan from St Clair office too. I did my FP on 19 Jan. Lately, FP requests had increased significantly. We have a similar timeline. Almost identical.
ajay95 said:
Interesting

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make that a 4th FPR for September thread received this week. mmm... Coincidence?

My letter was dated January 13.
P.s
Like many, I also thought it could be linked to having similar name/s to a known criminal, but after some more thought I concluded that it may not always be so.
Reason being : I have had to do name based Criminal record checks, as well as a vulnerable sector check here in Canada, and was never asked to do FP's. (So this for me kills the theory of having a similar name as an offender).

Yet the request is being made under section 21-22 of the Citizenship act.

However, crimes are being committed on a daily basis, so it is possible the offence and/or offender became known to CPIC's data base in more recent times, I.e. during the time of the processing of my/our application.

I really don't know what the rhyme or reasoning is behind receiving one of these FPR, I just know that I am a law abiding resident soon to be Citizen LOL so I will be submitting mine soon.

Posted below is a link for a FPR thread I previously created, feel free to join and share progress.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t264057.0.html

skghani

May 27, 2010
I applied in September 2014. Finally got through to talk to someone and found out they lost my whole family's application. Now I have to send the whole thing again and pay the difference for the new application fees!

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
skghani said:
I applied in September 2014. Finally got through to talk to someone and found out they lost my whole family's application. Now I have to send the whole thing again and pay the difference for the new application fees!
I think you need to wait little bit more, my application was delivered in the middle of August and I got AOR last week, I sent my second application with cover letter and delivery Report of my first application I think that help CIC to figure out my first Application.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
skghani said:
I would second Torontian , you should wait more . I also applied in September , however I received my email AOR after around 3.5 months .Secondly NEVER take CIC agent's words . I read many applicants' experiences , most of them were advised by CIC agents to re-apply , however later on they received AOR .

I would recommend sending a case specific inquiry and do include your package's tracking number , fee receipt number alongwith other personal details in the inquiry .

Good luck

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
I would second Torontian , you should wait more . I also applied in September , however I received my email AOR after around 3.5 months .Secondly NEVER take CIC agent's words . I read many applicants' experiences , most of them were advised by CIC agents to re-apply , however later on they received AOR .

I would recommend sending a case specific inquiry and do include your package's tracking number , fee receipt number alongwith other personal details in the inquiry .

Good luck
+1

as you can see in my timeline (4 months) ;D

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
ajay95 said:
That's not true.. I got FP request during PR time and I got it now again. My wife did not get it neither PR nor citizenship. It actually depend on that weather you have a common name. Also I checked with FP Agency they told me that they don't keep neither CIC or RCMP keep your FP. Also the FP result are valid only for 1 year.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:

Good luck
I agree with these guys -- They have had my application (according to Fedex) since Sept 30th and I haven't even received AOR (while there are people who sent application later and already took the Test!).
I will admit that I am already planning on preparing another application but given that Paco's application took over 4 months for AOR I'm going to prepare everything and send it in the end of February, that is, if I don't hear anything on my 1st application by the end of February.
If the rules/fees weren't changing so rapidly, I'd wait longer...

Hera9

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
I agree with these guys -- They have had my application (according to Fedex) since Sept 30th and I haven't even received AOR (while there are people who sent application later and already took the Test!).
I will admit that I am already planning on preparing another application but given that Paco's application took over 4 months for AOR I'm going to prepare everything and send it in the end of February, that is, if I don't hear anything on my 1st application by the end of February.
If the rules/fees weren't changing so rapidly, I'd wait longer...
I think you should get ATIP report. Some people received AOR after they requested ATIP report. It takes one month to get a report if you choose electronic file via email. It might trigger something.