iam_toby said:
Spreadsheet has been updated :)
Thanks Toby!! +1 for you :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
canada.msn said:
Thanks Toby!! +1 for you :)
Thanks a ton! As a side note, I recommend getting the dates corrected tho.
After you complete the landing, follow the instructions in this post to get the dates corrected.
Mine were off by over a year, so whenever it comes to calculating my pension or maybe citizenship
I want the correct dates on file, so I applied to get the dates changed.

>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs/errors-or-wrong-information-on-the-cpr-do-i-have-to-have-that-corrected

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
iam_toby said:
Thanks a ton! As a side note, I recommend getting the dates corrected tho.
After you complete the landing, follow the instructions in this post to get the dates corrected.
Mine were off by over a year, so whenever it comes to calculating my pension or maybe citizenship
I want the correct dates on file, so I applied to get the dates changed.

>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs/errors-or-wrong-information-on-the-cpr-do-i-have-to-have-that-corrected
ThanksToby.. Will do that for sure... My dates are off by over a year too...

itsmeraja86

Apr 23, 2014
I did my landing process on 19th and yesterday my ECA status changed to complete now

ECAS Note below:
You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on May 19, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

Thanks everyone for valuable inputs throughout the PR process that helped a lot!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
itsmeraja86 said:
I did my landing process on 19th and yesterday my ECA status changed to complete now

ECAS Note below:
You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge office on May 19, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

Thanks everyone for valuable inputs throughout the PR process that helped a lot!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Again, congratulations on becoming a permanent resident ;) All the best for the future and check back in when
you've received your PR card :)

rgk

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ccp o
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
15 april 2014, RCMP spouse
AOR Received.
18 November 2013
Med's Request
15 april 2014
LANDED..........
May 22 2014
Hello guys,

I just landed today at rainbow bridge, I went walk to USA with my wife and baby, enjoying the Sun At 11.37am
In us boarder they asked about the purpose, I said flagpole nd proccesing about 10 minute, than walk back to canada and had to wait about 20 minutes, and Congrat to us, as permanent resident.
Thank you guys nd specially Toby for your big help. Congrat to everyone who's got CoPR nd good luck to rest still waiting, your time will come soon. Keep pray.

Now enjoy one day at Niagara fall.

Regard
Rgk

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Good news, bad news for me. My son's FBI fingerprints form finally arrived and I sent it immediately to Ottawa. That's the last piece of our puzzle. Unfortunately, his US passport was stolen yesterday, so we reported it and made an appointment to get a replacement. I'm worried that it will complicate the landing when he arrives with a different passport number. How should I proceed? Do I scan the new pages and email to Ottawa so that they know in advance of the landing?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tropicflite said:
Good news, bad news for me. My son's FBI fingerprints form finally arrived and I sent it immediately to Ottawa. That's the last piece of our puzzle. Unfortunately, his US passport was stolen yesterday, so we reported it and made an appointment to get a replacement. I'm worried that it will complicate the landing when he arrives with a different passport number. How should I proceed? Do I scan the new pages and email to Ottawa so that they know in advance of the landing?
Yes, I would handle this case the same as when you get a new passport during the processing of your application.
Inform CPC-O about the missing passport, so that they don't issue to CPR yet. When you get the new passport, or your son,
scan the first two pages with the passport number etc and email it to CPC-O.
That's how I updated them with my new passport, which I received during the processing of my application.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
@toby: just curious: is it a critical step even if the passport is from a Visa-free country?
I get it that it's better to update the CIC, but I guess my message to tropicflite is that this is not something to worry much about since you don't need the passport for the counterfoil.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
MenicMonday said:
@ toby: just curious: is it a critical step even if the passport is from a Visa-free country?
I get it that it's better to update the CIC, but I guess my message to tropicflite is that this is not something to worry much about since you don't need the passport for the counterfoil.
I don't have my CPR with me, but I do remember the passport number being printed on the CPR.
In that case, I would make sure that the passport number on the CPR and the actual passport matches. Only my five cents..

krom2424

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Where can I saw the spreadsheet ? And today I found out that is not necessary to go out of the country to get the PR card , you can do it in an office also . Is that true ?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
krom2424 said:
Where can I saw the spreadsheet ? And today I found out that is not necessary to go out of the country to get the PR card , you can do it in an office also . Is that true ?
Link to the spreadsheet is in my signature. And here:
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dHE5YWtMUzFZckhzZHE1bmF0NDVmMEE
Yes, you can get an appointment at a CIC office and complete the landing inland as well. Contact CIC
for more information regarding the appointment.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
MenicMonday said:
@ toby: just curious: is it a critical step even if the passport is from a Visa-free country?
I think autocorrect changed something counterfoil. What did you mean? We don't need the passport for the landing?

@toby, How does this letter look?

Dear Sir / Madam:

I am writing to inform you that my son, J's passport (US) was stolen. We have reported the stolen passport to the US authorities, and have an appointment to get a replacement passport on June 2, 2014.

Tomorrow (May 23 2014) you should receive the FBI criminal background check form for J that you requested. I believe this is the only document you need before you make your decision whether to issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residency. I am concerned that if you issue it based on J's old passport it could be a problem when we try to do the landing.

I am asking that you delay the issuance of the Confirmation of Permanent Residency (if that is your decision) until we get the new passport, scan the appropriate pages and email them to you.

Please contact me if you have any questions concerning this matter.

Thank you,

tropicflite
UCI #

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tropicflite said:
I think autocorrect changed something counterfoil. What did you mean? We don't need the passport for the landing?

@ toby, How does this letter look?

Dear Sir / Madam:

I am writing to inform you that my son, J's passport (US) was stolen. We have reported the stolen passport to the US authorities, and have an appointment to get a replacement passport on June 2, 2014.

Tomorrow (May 23 2014) you should receive the FBI criminal background check form for J that you requested. I believe this is the only document you need before you make your decision whether to issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residency. I am concerned that if you issue it based on J's old passport it could be a problem when we try to do the landing.

I am asking that you delay the issuance of the Confirmation of Permanent Residency (if that is your decision) until we get the new passport, scan the appropriate pages and email them to you.

Please contact me if you have any questions concerning this matter.

Thank you,

tropicflite
UCI #
Looks good. And to complete the landing you need the CPR(s) and passport(s).

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
iam_toby said:
Looks good. And to complete the landing you need the CPR(s) and passport(s).
Letter sent.

Figures we have this problem just as we're approaching the finish line!

Thanks for the advice. I think this isn't going to be too big a deal as far as the PR goes, but having a stolen passport out there is a concern for other reasons (identity theft, etc.) Anyway, one issue at a time. Toby, thanks for the advice! You come through as always.