VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
You made it, Toby.. Congrats.. So happy for you

Cheers

xprezclint

Mar 31, 2014
Congratulations Toby! Looks like we both "landed" on the same day but on opposite coasts..
Congrats to all those as well who have progressed and are much closer to their goals or achieved them already!

My experience was smooth sailing..

Went to Rainbow bridge at Niagara Falls. Paid the 50c toll in the turn-style on the Canadian side to get in (or get out - however you wanna put it)
Walked across the bridge to the US customs office where they asked to check the documents. Told em I did not want to go to the states (don't have a US Visa either) and that I just want to do my landing in Canada. He gave me the refusal letter to give the Canadian customs office which I did once I came back this side..Asked me if I bought any goods from the States. I said no I just want to do my landing. Gave me a yellow piece of paper showing my purpose (Landing) and asked me to go across the street to the other office and wait for instructions there.
There was no line up at all (around 1 or 1:30 pm Thursday). I get called and give him all my papers/passport..He asked for my annual income and how much money I had in my bank..This is just routine as he asked me friend (who was also landing) the same thing..Asked me if I was ever convicted of any crime yada yada yada...Asks me to initial and sign the Landing document (the one that I got along with my passport)..Staples a copy to my passport and informs me to use that to apply for my new SIN and Health card, PR card will come in 6-8 weeks and I will be eligible to apply for citizenship after 2 years..On the latter I asked him if the rules change, will we be affected and he said yes. (I knew the answer but just wanted to confirm) and that was about it!

Became PR on May 8th 2014!
And today May 9th is my birthday! Talk about one helluva bday gift 8)

Thanks to all of you who I may not have spoken to, but have helped me tremendously along this journey.
I always looked forward to reading your stories and progress even though my own participation wasn't much.

If anyone has any questions about the landing process, feel free to ask!

Good luck everyone!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
xprezclint said:
Congratulations Toby! Looks like we both "landed" on the same day but on opposite coasts..
Congrats to all those as well who have progressed and are much closer to their goals or achieved them already!

Went to Rainbow bridge at Niagara Falls. Paid the 50c toll in the turn-style on the Canadian side to get in (or get out - however you wanna put it)
Walked across the bridge to the US customs office where they asked to check the documents. Told em I did not want to go to the states (don't have a US Visa either) and that I just want to do my landing in Canada. He gave me the refusal letter to give the Canadian customs office which I did once I came back this side..Asked me if I bought any goods from the States. I said no I just want to do my landing. Gave me a yellow piece of paper showing my purpose (Landing) and asked me to go across the street to the other office and wait for instructions there.
There was no line up at all (around 1 or 1:30 pm Thursday). I get called and give him all my papers/passport..He asked for my annual income and how much money I had in my bank..This is just routine as he asked me friend (who was also landing) the same thing..Asked me if I was ever convicted of any crime yada yada yada...Asks me to initial and sign the Landing document (the one that I got along with my passport)..Staples a copy to my passport and informs me to use that to apply for my new SIN and Health card, PR card will come in 6-8 weeks and I will be eligible to apply for citizenship after 2 years..On the latter I asked him if the rules change, will we be affected and he said yes. (I knew the answer but just wanted to confirm) and that was about it!

Thanks to all of you who I may not have spoken to, but have helped me tremendously along this journey.
I always looked forward to reading your stories and progress even though my own participation wasn't much.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats!! :) Let the waiting games for the PR card begin ;D Bring it on CIC!

nirsw

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
xprezclint said:

Good luck everyone!

Congrats and Happy Birthday buddy ....have a blast :) :) :) :) :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Putting together instructions and a short checklist for things that
need to be taken care of after completing the landing. For everyone
who's already done that step, please check > http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/05/what-happens-next-following-the-landing-as-a-permanent-resident.html
and let me know if I'm missing crucial steps and for the rest who's
yet to complete the landing, make use of my list HAHA ;D

http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/05/what-happens-next-following-the-landing-as-a-permanent-resident.html

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medicals done 11 Apr..
RPRF paid 11th Apr

Almost 1 month now........No signs of ECas update or PP request

Not sure how long it will still be..........

Anyone else in same situation??

chowli

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-27-2013
AOR Received.
November-27-2013
Med's Request
April-09-2014
Med's Done....
April-23-2014
Passport Req..
May-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-06-2014
LANDED..........
May-28-2014
Hi Toby and guys, I just got my passport back with my COPR. The issued date of COPR and visa is May 6. I am living in Halifax, NS, and not convenient for me to go to the US. boarder. So I have to book an appointment for my landing. I will update my landing information later with you : ) Hope everyone could get their PR soon!

Chintu1988

May 6, 2014
chowli said:
Hi Toby and guys, I just got my passport back with my COPR. The issued date of COPR and visa is May 6. I am living in Halifax, NS, and not convenient for me to go to the US. boarder. So I have to book an appointment for my landing. I will update my landing information later with you : ) Hope everyone could get their PR soon!

Did you get your Passport in the mailbox or home delivery? Mine was an express!

chowli

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-27-2013
AOR Received.
November-27-2013
Med's Request
April-09-2014
Med's Done....
April-23-2014
Passport Req..
May-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-06-2014
LANDED..........
May-28-2014
Chintu1988 said:
Did you get your Passport in the mailbox or home delivery? Mine was an express!
Mine is also a canadapost express envelop, they delivered it into the mailbox of my apartment.

krom2424

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Toby awesome news. Finally you made it. Can is ask after your medical received by Cic how many weeks it takes you get your COPR ? Because Cic they received mine in April 25 and I still waiting. The waiting is killing me. My ECAS is still in process

thorin

Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 14, 2013
Med's Request
April 16,2014
Med's Done....
April 30, 2014
Just received ready for visa email. Doctor promised to upload results on 7th of May so I guess she did. Ecas is still in process. Will mail passport on Monday. Thank you Toby for all the help!!!