+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Trying to figure out why my application takes longer than others.. could someone who already received the CoPR or at least
the PPR please check their GCMS notes and let me know what it says under ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT - Due Date?
My notes say 2014/11/04 in the due date field. Thanks.

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Yes Toby. I have got 2 mails now. The second mail just has the following line.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa would like to recall the message, "Ready for visa letter - printing in New Delhi / <<file_number>>".

I guess i should wait right ???

Also, there is one line in the first mail :

* We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport.

My passport is expiring in Aug 2015. How does it work after that ? We just renew the passport and apply for Visa again ?

Felix14

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
iam_toby said:
Trying to figure out why my application takes longer than others.. could someone who already received the CoPR or at least
the PPR please check their GCMS notes and let me know what it says under ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT - Due Date?
My notes say 2014/11/04 in the due date field. Thanks.
Usually what page is that toby?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
anilkumar925 said:
Yes Toby. I have got 2 mails now. The second mail just has the following line.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa would like to recall the message, "Ready for visa letter - printing in New Delhi / <<file_number>>".

I guess i should wait right ???

Also, there is one line in the first mail :

* We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport.

My passport is expiring in Aug 2015. How does it work after that ? We just renew the passport and apply for Visa again ?
You don't need a visa after completing the landing anymore. The CoPR will be valid for 12 months after completing the medicals,
and if you need a visa to enter Canada, the visa can't be valid past the expiry of your passport. So CIC will stamp
a visa valid until the expiry of your passport and you will have to complete the landing before that visa expires.

And yes, if they recalled it, I would wait for further instructions.

xprezclint

Mar 31, 2014
iam_toby said:
You might be kidding, but I'm not ;) I wake up every day and the first thing I do is check ECAS.
Whenever I see "Application Received" my mood changes right away. Then coffee and breakfast and I'm good to go again ;D
But it's tough, seeing a alot of applications being worked on, but mine seems to be at a standstill.
Same here man. I get in to work and open up this forum before I do my work applications. 8)
I'm sure you're in the clear, but they're making it sweeter for you to by making the long wait bitter.

It's been 13 months since my buddy applied and he hasn't heard of anything back since he completed his medicals in Oct! Well, apart from his RPRF request in Jan...
His lawyer (Also my lawyer) emailed them and they said they're currently still processing his background check.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Felix14 said:
Eligibility says not started
Due date 2014/11/03
Ok, what a relief :) Glad to see that your notes also have the due date set for November this year :)
Thought it might only be mine... I feel better now, knowing that you've already received the PPR. Thanks for checking!

suraaj

Apr 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-11-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP 25-07-2013
File Transfer...
13-11-2013
Med's Request
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
After we have done the landing, can we go out of Canada again before getting the PR card??? I am not from a visa exempt country.

Regards Suraaj

Felix14

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
iam_toby said:
Ok, what a relief :) Glad to see that your notes also have the due date set for November this year :)
Thought it might only be mine... I feel better now, knowing that you've already received the PPR. Thanks for checking!
No problem :)

dannyjawaid

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 12th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 5th 2013
Med's Request
March 28th 2014
Med's Done....
April 12th 2014
Passport Req..
April 29th 2014
$albert$ said:
I have my appointment at DR Sandhu next Saturday....can you please share your experience and where exactly it is located as i heard they have new address
She is located in the Sunridge Professional Center in the Northeast. Her clinic is in the basement. I had an appointment for 2:10 but I had to wait almost half an hour longer since there were already a few people there before me. In the meanwhile, they took my photo and asked me to make the payment. The assistant then came in and took me to a room where she took my blood pressure and sent me to provide a urine sample. After that I waited another 10 minutes before the doctor came in and asked me a bunch of questions about my medical history and did her thing. The doctor took only 5 minutes and told me all looks good and gave me the blood test and x-ray slips.

The whole experience was alright, took about 1-1.5 hour from start to finish, though I was a bit annoyed initially about having to wait an extra 30 mins but I guess that's standard.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
suraaj said:
After we have done the landing, can we go out of Canada again before getting the PR card??? I am not from a visa exempt country.

Regards Suraaj
This should answer your question:
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/04/can-i-travel-without-my-pr-card.html

suraaj

Apr 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-11-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP 25-07-2013
File Transfer...
13-11-2013
Med's Request
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
iam_toby said:
This should answer your question:
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/04/can-i-travel-without-my-pr-card.html
Thanks Toby...cant thank you enough!!!

Regards Suraaj

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
suraaj said:
Thanks Toby...cant thank you enough!!!

Regards Suraaj
In addition to my post on the website, you can cross at a land border in a private vehicle only, you can not fly back
into Canada from the US or any other country.

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone went to John Kuhlmann for MR?

Any idea how long it takes for ECAS update on medical from John Kuhlmann?