+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
nskschatten said:
The CEC PR should be stronger than the PNP. As PNP is designed for working in that particular province compared to CEC where you can work everywhere.
For example the BOWP for PNP applicants is restricted to that province, however the CEC is not.
I think after obtaining PR it doesn't have a clause anymore however when renewing the PR I don't know if the VO looks twice where you worked after receiving th PNP PR.
Maybe a senior has more insight here

Cheers
Once you become PR, you're free to do whatever you want in Canada. There's only certain restrictions and regulations during
the processing of the application. A BOWP issues for a CEC applicant is open and the applicant is free to work all over Canada, but as the previous poster correctly stated, a BOWP issued for a PNP applicant is restricted to the province in which the PNP application is
pending. However, upon finaliziation of the application a PR is a PR.

Felix14

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
At last cic acknowledge the reference letter
I sent last 3 days ago. I hope they are already
Looking at sept. applicants eligibility

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Ok now it is time for me to apply for BOWP. I will be applying on 3rd March as my current WP expires on 30thJune,2014. I just did the questionnaire online and got the personal checklist code. Is it ok to go on CIC to register to get a personal key and access myCIC or should I do it only on 3rd March?

Any idea on the current timelines for BOWP? I will be applying online.
Also once you get the BOWP, how does one get the visa?

Thanks

nskschatten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2013
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-03-2014
I applied February 3rd. Still waiting

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
table will be updated tomorrow

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Also I answered Yes for the question- Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

This is technically not correct as I only have an AOR. Should I change modify my response to 'No'?

RiskyPrisky

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2013
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted alongwith application
Med's Request
29-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2014
LANDED..........
02-Sep-2014
Hi Toby,
I have a question in this regard. When you say "you're free to do whatever you want in Canada", Is it applicable for living in Quebec Province as well. I remember that it is explicitly mentioned in CIC website that QC has its own process for selection. I am Wondering even though i have mentioned preferred place of residence as "Toronto" in CEC application, I can land in Toronto and work anywhere in Canada including Quebec (assuming i get my PR).

Regards,
RP

iam_toby said:
Once you become PR, you're free to do whatever you want in Canada. There's only certain restrictions and regulations during
the processing of the application. A BOWP issues for a CEC applicant is open and the applicant is free to work all over Canada, but as the previous poster correctly stated, a BOWP issued for a PNP applicant is restricted to the province in which the PNP application is
pending. However, upon finaliziation of the application a PR is a PR.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
RiskyPrisky said:
Hi Toby,
I have a question in this regard. When you say "you're free to do whatever you want in Canada", Is it applicable for living in Quebec Province as well. I remember that it is explicitly mentioned in CIC website that QC has its own process for selection. I am Wondering even though i have mentioned preferred place of residence as "Toronto" in CEC application, I can land in Toronto and work anywhere in Canada including Quebec (assuming i get my PR).

Regards,
RP
As far as I know, you can move wherever you want once you become PR.

fas_u

Feb 27, 2014
New member who is anxiously awaiting this PR thing.

Application Received by CIC: 24 September 2013
AOR Received: 12 November 2013
ECAS status: Application Received

I did not submit the RCMP clearance with my application, does anyone have any advice as to whether to wait for it to be requested, or just get it done now and send it to CIC?

Also, is it advisable to do medicals upfront, prior to an official MR?

Lots of questions, but thanks in advance for helping a very anxious soul. :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
fas_u said:
New member who is anxiously awaiting this PR thing.

Application Received by CIC: 24 September 2013
AOR Received: 12 November 2013
ECAS status: Application Received

I did not submit the RCMP clearance with my application, does anyone have any advice as to whether to wait for it to be requested, or just get it done now and send it to CIC?

Wait for the RCMP request. If it comes at all, other September applicants already got the RCMP request back in January.

Also, is it advisable to do medicals upfront, prior to an official MR?

Wait for MR if possible. Do upfront mends if you think you won't be able to do the meds when CIC requests it.
Upfront meds only save you a couple of days, depending on how fast you get an appointment with a clinic.

Lots of questions, but thanks in advance for helping a very anxious soul. :)
Hope this helps. Check comments in red above.

- Toby

rgk

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ccp o
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
15 april 2014, RCMP spouse
AOR Received.
18 November 2013
Med's Request
15 april 2014
LANDED..........
May 22 2014
Hello senior I just received my GCMS this afternoon, I applied last month January 28,
I would like to ask how to understand those things, I plan to apply the second one by 2 of March.
Hope senior give me advise, and Iam-toby. Thank you so much.
I apply CEC 3 sept 13, application received on October 3, AOR November 18.

In GCMS: there is 34 pages
* they put my attachment : PCC on November 21, and update reference letter on January 27.

Thank you.
Rgk

fas_u

Feb 27, 2014
iam_toby said:
Hope this helps. Check comments in red above.

- Toby
Thank you so much, Toby. It helps to know that it is just a waiting game and I'm not missing any opportunities to get PR faster.

prads28

Sep 18, 2012
Hi All

Please note no more "U" turn in Peace Bride. Today i went to Peace Bride for landing and they informed this information to me. Please inform this information to your friends who are planing for Peace Bride "U" turn in Fort Erie.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Yes you have to go out of Canada, then Enter Canada again. Go to USA side, then return again.