+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

KrishnaBeri

Oct 22, 2013
I have a question regarding timelines for receiving the PR card.

I completed my landing on Aug 29th 2014 and ECAS status for PR Card application shows "Complete".
The line items for PR Card application says as follows

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 29, 2014.
2. We started processing your application on October 8, 2014.

I did not receive my PR Card yet.
I want to know if there will be any more updates to the line items for PR Card application, like "PR Cards dispatched" or something similar.
I have my travel planned early December out of the country and would like to know if I will get the PR Cards before that.

Any information regarding this will be useful.
Please advise.

Regards,
KB.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
KrishnaBeri said:
I want to know if there will be any more updates to the line items for PR Card application, like "PR Cards dispatched" or something similar.
Yes, one more. No nothing like "dispatched".

KrishnaBeri said:
I have my travel planned early December out of the country and would like to know if I will get the PR Cards before that.
Most probably yes but anything can go wrong so impossible to know.

lhyyym said:
Base on the 13-month rule, all the September 2013 applicants should get their results within this month. Is it true? Is there somebody still waiting for MR or PPR now?
No.

Thirteen months is the average for 80% of applicants. That means that at least 1 out of every 5 applicants will have to wait longer than 13 months.

mohitgoyal

Apr 17, 2014
Toronto
My return envelop have been activated and item is out for delivery so should get my passport back today or tomorrow.
FYI - I sent my passport on Oct 17th.

Thanks,
Mohit

butang2013

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
We got our passports back on Oct 29. We mailed them on Oct 13 and reached the CIC on Oct 16.

It's a bit weird the return envelope's tracking # didn't activated.

Next thing is to do record of landing in the border.

Any idea if the border services for record of landing opens on weekends?

Thanks,

butang2013

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
butang2013 said:
We got our passports back on Oct 29. We mailed them on Oct 13 and reached the CIC on Oct 16.

It's a bit weird the return envelope's tracking # didn't activated.

Next thing is to do record of landing in the border.

Any idea if the border services for record of landing opens on weekends?

Thanks,

butang2013

There is no such things as a holiday or off duty for borders. They are open 24X7 - 365 days

krom2424

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Finally the long journey for PR comes to end today. We just landing in coutts . It easy and nice. I would like to say thanks to all the guys that they support us with the advise over this forum. :p 8) good to everyone how still waiting .

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
krom2424 said:
Finally the long journey for PR comes to end today. We just landing in coutts . It easy and nice. I would like to say thanks to all the guys that they support us with the advise over this forum. :p 8) good to everyone how still waiting .
Congratulations :)

nirsw

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
krom2424 said:
Congrats :) :)

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtr2o13 said:
13 months is the duration within which 80% of the applicants get to hear the final verdict from CIC. It can even take more time for others. I have seen few in this forum who have crossed that timeline and have been waiting for around 2 years. So lets hope for good.. you should be getting things done in time.
Yes, I know your meaning. However, in this thread, I found everybody have got their results now. You know you September applicants have already been waiting for 13 months till now.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi All

We had finished our landing formalities @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara. The process was very smooth. I went there @ 8.45 PM on Tuesday and there were none except us at CBSA. It took less than 5 minutes to finish everything. I went towards USA and got a white letter and an yellow slip. Submitted both these papers to Canada side. The officer was great and treated us really well.

Thanks a lot to everyone in this forum. The journey towards my PR or the wait could have been more painful, stressful and panic if I am not part of this forum or missing the suggestions from everyone here in this forum. Cheers everyone.

--Kunishsa

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
kunishsa said:
Hi All

We had finished our landing formalities @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara. The process was very smooth. I went there @ 8.45 PM on Tuesday and there were none except us at CBSA. It took less than 5 minutes to finish everything. I went towards USA and got a white letter and an yellow slip. Submitted both these papers to Canada side. The officer was great and treated us really well.

Thanks a lot to everyone in this forum. The journey towards my PR or the wait could have been more painful, stressful and panic if I am not part of this forum or missing the suggestions from everyone here in this forum. Cheers everyone.

--Kunishsa
So happy to read this. Congratulations!!!

P.S. Be patient!!! ;)

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Jalex23 said:
So happy to read this. Congratulations!!!

P.S. Be patient!!! ;)
Thanks a lot. Yeah. You are correct. Be patient with our PR processing. Be patient on this forum. Be patient with CIC. Else we will become a real "patient" in the hospital :)

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
kunishsa said:
Hi All

Hearty congratulations :)

--Kunishsa

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
CIC replied to my query today. Basically there has not been much progress. Below is their response:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

We have verified the information provided. We can provide you with the following details concerning the status of your application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class:

The application was received at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on September 13, 213.
Initial assessment has been finalized and the application has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, on March 28, 2014.
Medical results were requested on March 28, 2014 day.
Background verifications are currently in process.
Centre in Ottawa is 13 months for this category. It should be noted that this processing time is meant to provide an approximation of the length of time it has taken CIC to finalize an application.
We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,