+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tropicflite said:
Well, my work permit expires on Oct. 18th. Haven't heard anything about my file for months. I'll give it 2 more weeks and if nothing happens I'll have to pay the $150 for the BOWP :(
Thinking about it - You have to apply no matter what now

You cant be out of status even for 1 day in Canada
So even if you get your PPR and send your passport - There is no guarantee you will get your passport back before 18th Oct...........

Just something to think about - Better be safe than sorry later

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hi guys,

I originally applied in August but my application was returned because of missing page.

Anyway, my question to to all is: How long are we looking at before we get AOR?

Also, does any of you guys know how long does it take a VO to open your file?

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
MBACanada said:
Thinking about it - You have to apply no matter what now

You cant be out of status even for 1 day in Canada
So even if you get your PPR and send your passport - There is no guarantee you will get your passport back before 18th Oct...........
vim
Just something to think about - Better be safe than sorry latervim
I'm coming from the US (a non-VISA country) so there's no PPR. I go straight to the COPR. I live in Toronto and I have a car so if the COPR shows up I can drive down to Buffalo easily and do the landing, but, yeah, maybe it's better not to wait any longer. I was just trying to save the $150.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
MBACanada said:
Yeah for her it is 27
for me it is 56
Now I am confused here , code 27 used for CEC applicant BOWP (Not for SOWP)
But you are saying you ae principle applicant and she is dependent how come 27 code is mentioned for her and for you 56

ps: i am having BOWP (as i am principle applicant) and with type code 27

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
MBACanada said:
Jalex, my open work permit does not have the same code and I was denied the OHIP. Just FYI
Yup, as I said an OWP has conditions attached to it.

In Alberta, as long as you have a valid non-visitor status you can get Alberta Health Insurance, I don't know what was the problem in Ontario (that is Ontario, right?).

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_1304 said:
Now I am confused here , code 27 used for CEC applicant BOWP (Not for SOWP)
But you are saying you ae principle applicant and she is dependent how come 27 code is mentioned for her and for you 56

ps: i am having BOWP (as i am principle applicant) and with type code 27
Nothing to confuse. It is CIC which determines all the code.
I am on PGWP - So it is 56 (It is an open work permit for 3 years)
My spouse applied for the renewal after we had completed medicals and I had indicated in her application that she is on my PR application - Awaiting

So they might have put 27.

At the end - it is CIC who makes the call...There is no such thing as mandatory code for BOWP or SOWP etc

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jalex23 said:
Yup, as I said an OWP has conditions attached to it.

In Alberta, as long as you have a valid non-visitor status you can get Alberta Health Insurance, I don't know what was the problem in Ontario (that is Ontario, right?).
Yes - Ontario has a lot of different rules than Alberta - That is a typical situation entire Canada since Canada is a conglomerate of Provinces

As simple as Driver's license rules are different across provinces.

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Sorry to cross-post, but I have a rather urgent question:

I have no spouse, but I do have 3 kids, 2 of them with open work permits which are based on my closed work permit. In the questionnaire it asks if I want to apply for any family members. That would be referring to a spouse, not child, right? I want to put 'no' because each BOWP costs $150. Am I safe to do that? My kids are working (and going to school) and I don't want them to have to stop.

Also, I'm submitting my application electronically from within Canada. Usually whenever I submit documents like this I get an email receipt from CIC within minutes. Is that enough to keep working beyond the expiration date of my work permit? Right now the turn-around time for BOWPs submitted electronically is something like 7 days and I have almost a month, but just in case...

Thanks in advance!

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tropicflite said:
Sorry to cross-post, but I have a rather urgent question:

I have no spouse, but I do have 3 kids, 2 of them with open work permits which are based on my closed work permit. In the questionnaire it asks if I want to apply for any family members. That would be referring to a spouse, not child, right? I want to put 'no' because each BOWP costs $150. Am I safe to do that? My kids are working (and going to school) and I don't want them to have to stop.

Also, I'm submitting my application electronically from within Canada. Usually whenever I submit documents like this I get an email receipt from CIC within minutes. Is that enough to keep working beyond the expiration date of my work permit? Right now the turn-around time for BOWPs submitted electronically is something like 7 days and I have almost a month, but just in case...

Thanks in advance!
Your kids are also your family members
If your family members (kids) permit expire along with you, you will have to apply for them. Else you can extend their work permit whenever it is about to expire. I applied mine first - got it (Paid $150) and then applied my spouse and daughters almost 3 months later (Paid $250 for a WP and visitor) .

On second question, as long as you have applied for a work permit and if your current work permit expires, you enter an implied status
So you can continue to work as long as a decision is made on your file

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
MBACanada said:
Your kids are also your family members
If your family members (kids) permit expire along with you, you will have to apply for them. Else you can extend their work permit whenever it is about to expire. I applied mine first - got it (Paid $150) and then applied my spouse and daughters almost 3 months later (Paid $250 for a WP and visitor) .

On second question, as long as you have applied for a work permit and if your current work permit expires, you enter an implied status
So you can continue to work as long as a decision is made on your file

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17
Thank you for your reply. That's good news about the 'implied status'.

I tried to add my kids on to my form, but every attempt I made was met with a message saying that I could not add them to my BOWP application. I don't want to delay my BOWP any longer, so I think I'll do the same thing you did which is to get my BOWP first and make separate applications for the kids later.

I saw that my kids can each apply to extend their stays at this page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp .

I understand that they will also have 'implied status' if we submit them before our work permits run out. Is that the right way to go? I don't have too much time to mess around since all our permits expire on Oct. 18th 2014.

Thanks again!

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi All

Any news on "Passport requests"? Do you know when was the last "Passport request" from CIC? The waiting for the "Passport request" is making me really fat :)

Waiting ---> again Waiting ---> again Waiting ---> again Waiting ---> and then Frustration ---> Stress ---> Over eating ---> Junk food ---> Over weight :)

--Kunishsa

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
kunishsa said:
Hi All

Any news on "Passport requests"? Do you know when was the last "Passport request" from CIC? The waiting for the "Passport request" is making me really fat :)

Waiting ---> again Waiting ---> again Waiting ---> again Waiting ---> and then Frustration ---> Stress ---> Over eating ---> Junk food ---> Over weight :)

--Kunishsa
Hey watch out the way CIC is going , I hope you don't have to give another medicals :p

Joking ;D

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
I received the 3rd GCMS notes and no progress on that. Due date mentioned is June,2015..I wonder why.

I would be changing my job and would like to know whether I need to inform CIC about this job change. Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
tropicflite said:
I tried to add my kids on to my form, but every attempt I made was met with a message saying that I could not add them to my BOWP application. I don't want to delay my BOWP any longer, so I think I'll do the same thing you did which is to get my BOWP first and make separate applications for the kids later.
That is the way to do it. As all your family depends on you getting a BOWP, not until then they can apply for theirs.

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Toronto2013 said:
I received the 3rd GCMS notes and no progress on that. Due date mentioned is June,2015..I wonder why.

I would be changing my job and would like to know whether I need to inform CIC about this job change. Thanks
June 15? And you are a September 2013 applicant? Man you are scaring me to hell!