September 2013 Applications

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
nirsw said:
Kool... my passport too reached Ottawa yesterday. Praying that my return tracker gets activated soon :)
Yah you will have the Passport in your hand by next week :)

dannyjawaid

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 12th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 5th 2013
Med's Request
March 28th 2014
Med's Done....
April 12th 2014
Passport Req..
April 29th 2014
Hey everyone, I just got my passport request a few minutes ago! My ecas still says in process and medical results didn't get updated either. I have to fly out of the country on the 17th of May, hopefully I should get my passport back by then if I send it tomorrow. Planning to do my landing when I fly back on the 25th of May.

sandrinho

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
dannyjawaid said:
Hey everyone, I just got my passport request a few minutes ago! My ecas still says in process and medical results didn't get updated either. I have to fly out of the country on the 17th of May, hopefully I should get my passport back by then if I send it tomorrow. Planning to do my landing when I fly back on the 25th of May.
Congrats, buddy!!! It seems that you were the only one who heard anything from CIC from the September batch today!
Good luck with your landing :)

tropicflite

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Well apparently things do happen overnight, because I checked my ecas last night before I went to bed and there was no update. This morning I checked it over coffee and sure enough, now it shows Medical Results Received.

Also, I see that the FBI cashed my credit card voucher for my son's fingerprints, so that's in process too. Once they mail the results to me and I forward it up to Ottawa my package will be complete and I can look forward to getting the copr shortly thereafter. Maybe by the end of May?

UK-CEC-Applicant

Star Member
Mar 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London- England
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2013
Doc's Request.
04-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi toby, i completed my medical. Can you please update the spreadsheet?

sandrinho

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
tropicflite said:
Well apparently things do happen overnight, because I checked my ecas last night before I went to bed and there was no update. This morning I checked it over coffee and sure enough, now it shows Medical Results Received.
;D As in the fairy tales all the magic happens at midnight! ;D

saz316

Apr 9, 2014
hello everyone..

just got bak my passport yesterday with visa issued on Apr 24, 2014...will gonna fly to new york over the coming long weekend and will land in ottawa as a immigrant...goodluck to everyone who r still waiting..

and congrats toby..atleast ur file is moving now and u will hear the good news hopefully by the end of this week.

pradeepkc

Feb 20, 2013
Finally, after 2 weeks of sending my passport to CIC. My lawyer received it yesterday.. I will be getting the passport and VISA tomorrow...

Have couple questions now...

* Though I will get my passport tomorrow, I am not landing until July 2nd week. I am going on vacation to India, so I think it makes sense to make a direct landing. (since I wont get my PR card before July 1st week). My question is, can I apply for my new SIN just with the CoPR?

* Is it okay to shift my job before doing the landing? Will there be any problems because of SIN change, etc? (I have an open work permit, expiring Feb 2015)

Toby man and army, advice is appreciated and will be equally acknowledged with love and affection... :)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
pradeepkc said:
Finally, after 2 weeks of sending my passport to CIC. My lawyer received it yesterday.. I will be getting the passport and VISA tomorrow...

* Though I will get my passport tomorrow, I am not landing until July 2nd week. I am going on vacation to India, so I think it makes sense to make a direct landing. (since I wont get my PR card before July 1st week). My question is, can I apply for my new SIN just with the CoPR?

* Is it okay to shift my job before doing the landing? Will there be any problems because of SIN change, etc? (I have an open work permit, expiring Feb 2015)

Toby man and army, advice is appreciated and will be equally acknowledged with love and affection... :)
I don't think you can get a permanent SIN without completing the landing first. But talk to someone
at Service Canada to clarify and maybe let us know what they had to say.
But since your work permit is still valid until 2015 there's no rush to get the new SIN now, you might as well
wait until you've completed the landing after your vacation.
And switching jobs is no problem at all.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
pradeepkc said:

1. You will not get a permanent SIN until the CoPR is signed (i.e. until you "land"). I tried that trick and they only gave me a new temp SIN to expire the same day as my Work Permit.

2. Yes, there is no reason to hold off switching jobs.

pradeepkc

Feb 20, 2013
Matt the Aussie said:
1. You will not get a permanent SIN until the CoPR is signed (i.e. until you "land"). I tried that trick and they only gave me a new temp SIN to expire the same day as my Work Permit.

2. Yes, there is no reason to hold off switching jobs.
Thanks Matt and Toby... will do as advised...

and Toby, please update the spreadsheet with my details (Passport received on 29th April)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
pradeepkc said:
Thanks Matt and Toby... will do as advised...

and Toby, please update the spreadsheet with my details (Passport received on 29th April)
I'll need to know when your CoPR was issued, not the date you received the passport :)
Let me know what date is printed on your CoPR when you get it tomorrow.