+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Yesterday i was talking to customer care cic. I.asked about her about upfront medicals. She said not to do it as they dont recommend it. It might slow down your process. She said do not send anything until they ask for it.
Is this true?

suraaj

Apr 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-11-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP 25-07-2013
File Transfer...
13-11-2013
Med's Request
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
cvisa0110 said:
I was in similar situation. My app. has reached CIO in the end of January. After 6 weeks of waiting I didn't received AOR and my CC has not been charged. So I started worrying and sent an email to CIO‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca. I got an automatic email saying that they will reply to me within next 20 business days. On April, 1st I finaly got my AOR (took more than 2 months) and 5 days latter I got response from CIO that my case has been forwarded to Ottawa. Anyway I sugest to your friend not to wait and send email to Cydney.
We should mail the CIC with Name, DOB and your UCI/File number.

Regards Suraaj

RiskyPrisky

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Sep-2013
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted alongwith application
Med's Request
29-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2014
LANDED..........
02-Sep-2014
ski said:
Is this true?
Seeing what is happening with the majority applicants who have done upfront medicals it is looking true...

RP

saz316

Apr 9, 2014
so i am done with my medical yesterday with doctor Max della in ottawa..$210 cash all inclusive and also paid my RPRF. And the ecas says in process..

thanks

PRBK2014

Mar 20, 2014
still I have not received medical request!!!!!!!!!!11

My lawyer said no for upfront medical and RPRF!! and they are going to do the follow up for my application status with CIC.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
RiskyPrisky said:
Seeing what is happening with the majority applicants who have done upfront medicals it is looking true...

RP
I don't agree because I think Call center agent said it in reference to " do not send any additional documents until requested by CIC" If you see other cases in other spreadsheets if was actually way faster. I can be wrong be factly it doesn't make any sense to me that how upfront medical and upfront RPRF can delay processing time of your file.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hey Toby, Can you change my AOR date to 12th November, instead of 13th November?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
I don't think doing UP front medical slows your process down. The overall September (and few August) applicants have seen slower processing than previous months.

If Up front medical and RPRF were a bad idea, I don't think CIC would ask people to do Up front RPRF payment.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
iamroth said:
I don't think doing UP front medical slows your process down. The overall September (and few August) applicants have seen slower processing than previous months.

If Up front medical and RPRF were a bad idea, I don't think CIC would ask people to do Up front RPRF payment.
I can't see how upfront medicals and / or upfront RPRF payment could slow down the process. It's not like
you're submitting additional 25 paystubs, or two new reference letters. Medicals and RPRF are part of the
application assessment and in case the results are received before the MR is issued, it only means that the
VO can keep working on that application instead of waiting for results and RPRF payment.

Jclu

Sep 5, 2013
iam_toby said:
I can't see how upfront medicals and / or upfront RPRF payment could slow down the process. It's not like
you're submitting additional 25 paystubs, or two new reference letters. Medicals and RPRF are part of the
application assessment and in case the results are received before the MR is issued, it only means that the
VO can keep working on that application instead of waiting for results and RPRF payment.
You will receive your passport requirement soon. My ECAS status has changed to in process since the day I received MR. Also they have received my medical exam result.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Jclu said:
You will receive your passport requirement soon. My ECAS status has changed to in process since the day I received MR. Also they have received my medical exam result.
Have you received the RPRF request yet?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
iam_toby said:
For sure, I changed it for you.
Thanks a lot.

iam_toby said:
Exactly!

CIC Customer Care Agents most of the time would give out conflicting information, only because they have very little knowledge about the whole process. They mostly work as a 'human forwarding machine' (no disrespect).

Felix14

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Don't worry if u do upfront or not it is basically each and
Everyone of us are in different situations like our noc's so
Lets just enjoy the weekend and hope that this coming
Holy week would bring good news to all of us.

Boo-yah!