+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Jclu said:
I sent my application on the end of August. CIC received on Sept 3rd. Hope to get the file# soon.
Please use the link to the update form in my signature to send me details about your application
so I can input all that in the september spreadsheet.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
README:

For all applicants submitting applications now please use this link to update the spreadsheet
for September applicants.
After submitting, give me some time to process the information and I will update the spreadsheet daily.

Please use the username you use in the forum when submitting information, and always the same NOC as
I use that information to match applicants.

I. Link to the form to submit updates: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11QxZSH_9i1d1SV74snzbZbiGbHrMLQvbtHoJ8cU/viewform

II. And here's the link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dHE5YWtMUzFZckhzZHE1bmF0NDVmMEE#gid=0

Thanks guys and good luck!

// You can also always use the links in my forum signature to send updates or get to the spreadsheet.

mathie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
I mailed mine on September 4th and it should be received on the 9th then the long arduous wait. This is my second application, I was refused when I applied in March and very nervous about the whole waiting process.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
mathie said:
I mailed mine on September 4th and it should be received on the 9th then the long arduous wait. This is my second application, I was refused when I applied in March and very nervous about the whole waiting process.
Would you mind telling me where you're from and what payment option you chose?
So I can complete the spreadsheet :)

What was the reason for your last rejection?

Pitchy

Sep 8, 2013
Hi everyone. Will my application be rejected or returned if i send my documentation in NOT sealed envelope?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Pitchy said:
Hi everyone. Will my application be rejected or returned if i send my documentation in NOT sealed envelope?
I don't get the question. What is a not sealed envelope? :) If you put your application package in a standart
envelope and mail it to CIC, you'll be fine. :eek:

capri25.yashu

Aug 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
File Transfer...
28-10-2014
Med's Request
29-10-2014
Med's Done....
5-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-2-2015
VISA ISSUED...
1-4-2015
LANDED..........
26-9 -2015

sonata09

Aug 17, 2013
Hi all,

I plan to submit my documents by the end of September 2013. There are some concern about my 1 year experience times before I send my applications.

1. Requirement is at least 12 month full time work experience. Does it mean 52 or 53 weeks of full time work ?

2. Full time work mean at least 30 hrs of work for one week. My last job in accountant firm, some times I worked less than 30 hrs per week and took day off to study for my professional exam (CMA) if I worked only 25 hrs per week for those week, does it mean i only have 25/ 30 = 0.83 equivalent full time week for each of those weeks ?

3. I understand that if you work more than 30 hrs per week, the over time experience doesn't count. At that firm, during busy tax seasons, I worked more than 40 hrs per week. Add up total salaries divide by my pay rate, I get average more than 30 hrs per week ( which compensate my time took off for study). If the reference letter already indicates I work more than 30 hrs per week( and the overtimes hrs compensate for shortage time for those week, so actual average still more than 30 hrs per week for the period of 12 month calendar), does CIC still find out I not qualified and only have approximately ~11 months of full time work .

4. Since I work approximately more than 30 hrs per week. During national and public holidays, I short hrs for those weeks. Do these weeks still count at 30 hrs equivalent full time ? In December , the firm closed 1 week for vacation, is that week still qualified for full time work ?

5. These issues happens since I work for that small firm and everything is informal. Hence I decided to wait for another extra-month ( 13 month of work ) to compensate these missing full time weeks. Do you think it 's a good idea ?

Thanks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sonata09 said:
Hi all,

I plan to submit my documents by the end of September 2013. There are some concern about my 1 year experience times before I send my applications.

1. Requirement is at least 12 month full time work experience. Does it mean 52 or 53 weeks of full time work ?

52 weeks with a minimum of 30 hrs per week

2. Full time work mean at least 30 hrs of work for one week. My last job in accountant firm, some times I worked less than 30 hrs per week and took day off to study for my professional exam (CMA) if I worked only 25 hrs per week for those week, does it mean i only have 25/ 30 = 0.83 equivalent full time week for each of those weeks ?

You will need a minimum of 1560hrs and a minimum of 52 weeks in order to being eligible under CEC class.
40 weeks and 4000 hrs doesnt work and neither does 70 weeks and 1000 hrs.

3. I understand that if you work more than 30 hrs per week, the over time experience doesn't count. At that firm, during busy tax seasons, I worked more than 40 hrs per week. Add up total salaries divide by my pay rate, I get average more than 30 hrs per week ( which compensate my time took off for study). If the reference letter already indicates I work more than 30 hrs per week( and the overtimes hrs compensate for shortage time for those week, so actual average still more than 30 hrs per week for the period of 12 month calendar), does CIC still find out I not qualified and only have approximately ~11 months of full time work .

Lying in your PR application is not the best idea. Take the time, work one more month.

4. Since I work approximately more than 30 hrs per week. During national and public holidays, I short hrs for those weeks. Do these weeks still count at 30 hrs equivalent full time ? In December , the firm closed 1 week for vacation, is that week still qualified for full time work ?

If you get paid for the time you're off, you can count it towards the CEC experience. If you don't get paid,
don't count it and compensate for those days.

5. These issues happens since I work for that small firm and everything is informal. Hence I decided to wait for another extra-month ( 13 month of work ) to compensate these missing full time weeks. Do you think it 's a good idea ?

Yes, always take in a buffer for miscalculations. It's always better to have more experience than required. And we gotta be honest, it doesn't really matter if you work 12 or 13 months, does it? It's gonna take long enough to get PR anyway... 8)

Thanks
Check my comments in red above.

Hope it helps.

sonata09

Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for your answers :)

Back to my #2 issue.

So if I took 1 day off for each exam ( 5 exams in total). Total 5 weeks I have exam when I was working at that position , each week I have 1 day of to study.

So my full time equivalent week is (25 hrs/30 hrs) x 5 wks = 0.83 x 5 = 4.15 equivalent full time weeks ( 30 hrs per week), Or NIL ( since in each of these 5 weeks, they are all below 30 hours minimum requirement per week )?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sonata09 said:
Thanks for your answers :)

Back to my #2 issue.

So if I took 1 day off for each exam ( 5 exams in total). Total 5 weeks I have exam when I was working at that position , each week I have 1 day of to study.

So my full time equivalent week is (25 hrs/30 hrs) x 5 wks = 0.83 x 5 = 4.15 equivalent full time weeks ( 30 hrs per week), Or NIL ( since in each of these 5 weeks, they are all below 30 hours minimum requirement per week )?
lol don't make it more complicated than it already is. make sure you have a total of 1560 hours and a total of 52 weeks of full-time experience and then apply. simply add up all the hours you've worked.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Dropped my application off at the post office 7:45 this AM. Let's see when the tracker get's activated. 8)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
IMPORTANT - MORE FORM UPDATES:

CIC updated another form for CEC applicants.
This time the Addition Family Information form got updated and now requires
email addresses of family members.

Link to the new form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.pdf