+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

Momo231

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I didn't get the point. My question is that why some people receive by mail and some should pick up. What is the criteria?
I read somewhere that just for quality service check they choose randomly some applications for pick up. Is it correct?
Thanks
Yes you are correct.. they choose randomly only for people whom live in Canada, however for those people who live outside of Canada 99% of chance will got a pick up letter.

May I ask what is your case, you sound pretty worry.

If you live in Canada you will got you card by mail or pick up

if you live outside of Canada most of the time you will be ask to come into the office,

momocyl

Jun 6, 2018
Yes you are correct.. they choose randomly only for people whom live in Canada, however for those people who live outside of Canada 99% of chance will got a pick up letter.

May I ask what is your case, you sound pretty worry.

If you live in Canada you will got you card by mail or pick up

if you live outside of Canada most of the time you will be ask to come into the office,
Hi
I live in Canada and my application is in process right now. Just curious to know about reasons and process for the next probable steps and know the timeline for each possibilities: pick up or mail. How about your family? Did they pick up and what was the the process?

Momo231

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi
I live in Canada and my application is in process right now. Just curious to know about reasons and process for the next probable steps and know the timeline for each possibilities: pick up or mail. How about your family? Did they pick up and what was the the process?
As long as you live in Canada, usually they mail to you by mail, if they ask you coming to pickup the card is like 10% of the chance.

my family haven't pickup the card yet, but 5 year ago, when they pick up the card they just call your name and hang it to you that's it.

basically you have nothing to worry about, as long as you keep a copy of your information include all other information such as enter and exit record, passport include the old one then is all fine...

I know some people don't apply citizenship due to some country, but if you can apply one, you don't have to worry anything else ever

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Chances for pick up as under:

1) You have bulk loads of travel history or You have visited different countries in the past 5 years.
2) Your file went for secondary review and they asked additional docs.
3) You are close to 2 years of living in Canada i.e around 750 to 900 days in Canada in the past 5 years.
4) IRCC figured out you are presently living outside Canada.
5) Additional docs requested was mailed from outside Canada.

Chances for mailing the pr card as under:

1) Very less or no travel history at all in the past 5 years.
2) More than 1000 days in the past 5 years living in Canada.
3) File didn't went for a secondary review.
4) IRCC thinks you are living inside Canada at the moment.

Normally if a file goes for secondary review, then the chances of pick up is around 80% in my opinion. There are couple of folks in this forum who reported that the pr card was mailed to them even after secondary review. So, I put them in the lucky 20% category.

Momo231

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Chances for pick up as under:

1) You have bulk loads of travel history or You have visited different countries in the past 5 years.
2) Your file went for secondary review and they asked additional docs.
3) You are close to 2 years of living in Canada i.e around 750 to 900 days in Canada in the past 5 years.
4) IRCC figured out you are presently living outside Canada.
5) Additional docs requested was mailed from outside Canada.

Chances for mailing the pr card as under:

1) Very less or no travel history at all in the past 5 years.
2) More than 1000 days in the past 5 years living in Canada.
3) File didn't went for a secondary review.
4) IRCC thinks you are living inside Canada at the moment.

Normally if a file goes for secondary review, then the chances of pick up is around 80% in my opinion. There are couple of folks in this forum who reported that the pr card was mailed to them even after secondary review. So, I put them in the lucky 20% category.
You might be right, but is not a secondary review. My family didn’t got asked for more documents. It just a pickup letter and need to see all the documents again. However everybody should keep a copy of the application and documents they send cause they might want to see it again

Last edited:

monimoni

Jul 9, 2018
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 21, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 6, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 6, 2018.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Any one applied in May?//Any updates? Replacing lost PR card
I applied in May, my application was received (as per Canada Post) on May 20th, haven’t heard anything yet, I called CIC last week to ask for an update since I need my PR card to apply for a visa and they said they are currently working on applications received in March

sayHello

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Hi , my pr renewal application reached at cic on 30 may as per purolator. I didnt get any AOR till now , even i cant search my application based on client id . is it normal ? When can I expect any update from cic . Any one has any idea ?

Dec 14, 2014
Hi , my pr renewal application reached at cic on 30 may as per purolator. I didnt get any AOR till now , even i cant search my application based on client id . is it normal ? When can I expect any update from cic . Any one has any idea ?
Yes normal, based on information in this forum sit back and relax for at least 2 months. Some people didn't get any AOR but PR cards directly after 4 months.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Yes normal, based on information in this forum sit back and relax for at least 2 months. Some people didn't get any AOR but PR cards directly after 4 months.
Hi i received AOR from CIC today after 106 days they receives my application for PR cars on 28 March 2018 so relex expect AOR after 100 days

monimoni

Jul 9, 2018
111 days complete

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 21, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 6, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 6, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on July 11, 2018.