+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2017 - Any PR Card renewal applications submitted

Esedra

May 30, 2018
Has anyone dealt with CIC losing your application? Im worried that mine someone got left behind because I am the only one who submitted application in FEB and haven't gotten an AOR yet. UGH!!!!
I submitted mine February 22 and same as you - no AOR. I called them a week ago, they told me that they opened my pack and checked if the photos were ok but they are not processing my car yet. Hopefully, Ill get AOR soon.

beautifulmind

May 19, 2018
Thanks for the update Scarborough guy.
Coolcat01, I called 1-888-242-2100 to inquire about my citizenship application, but I also got an update about the PR card application at the same time. I got the same answer as other people, that, in my case, the application should be complete and the PR card mailed by My 12th (based on 100 days processing time, and no guarantees of course). This was a week ago or so, I don't remember the specific options I selected from the menu. If your call is not put in the queue, try calling again (and again, and again). In my case, when I finally made it, the wait time was about 30 minutes.
hello ichv,
After reading your post I assume I can apply for my PR card renewal while my citizenship application is being processed. I submitted my citizenship application in Feb 2018, got AOR and since then no update. My PR card is getting expired in Aug 2018. Since I have a feeling citizenship application would get little longer to get processed, I should renew my PR card.o_O
I believe both applications wont affect each other.

Oh and I have a spousal sponsorship application in process too:rolleyes:. 3 applications all together:eek:

Last edited:

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
hello ichv,
After reading your post I assume I can apply for my PR card renewal while my citizenship application is being processed. I submitted my citizenship application in Feb 2018, got AOR and since then no update. My PR card is getting expired in Aug 2018. Since I have a feeling citizenship application would get little longer to get processed, I should renew my PR card.o_O
I believe both applications wont affect each other.

Oh and I have a spousal sponsorship application in process too:rolleyes:. 3 applications all together:eek:
Yes, those are two independent applications. You can apply for PR card renewal with the citizenship application in process, without any issues. That is what I did

albontarian

May 5, 2018
Our card renewal status " Decision made " today.

AOR 23rd April.

Application recd 8 the Feb.

Decision made : 31 st May.
:)
That's awesome, happy for you. It's really strange though, my application was received on February 21 and I've had "decision made" showing since May 1, same day as getting AOR. I'm giving up on understanding how this works.

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
Yes, those are two independent applications. You can apply for PR card renewal with the citizenship application in process, without any issues. That is what I did
Have you received your card? I see that your card was mailed on 28 th May. Monday. " Decision made" status for you on 24 th Thursday.

Mine also same. Decision made on Thursday. ( Today )

ichv

Jun 25, 2015
Have you received your card? I see that your card was mailed on 28 th May. Monday. " Decision made" status for you on 24 th Thursday.

Mine also same. Decision made on Thursday. ( Today )
No, not yet. It is coming from Nova Scotia and I live in Alberta. As per Canada Post service times, it should take around 8 business days for me to get it. That would be next Wednesday (June 6th). Hopefully it arrives sooner. Lets see.

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
That's awesome, happy for you. It's really strange though, my application was received on February 21 and I've had "decision made" showing since May 1, same day as getting AOR. I'm giving up on understanding how this works.
Mine has been showing Decision Made for a similar amount of time, though when called, they said everything had been approved and just waiting for the card to be produced.

LadyA

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
From 86 days (in January) to 117 days (in June). And when you call, they say that they don’t really care about the processing time when you applied. All that matters is the processing time right now...

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
They seem to be not transparent. Why so much delay and what really and seriously gone wrong, no one knows.

More pathetic is the call centre does not seem to be aware what is going on except reading the ecas status and informing us when we call.

Scarborough guy

Apr 23, 2018
From 86 days (in January) to 117 days (in June). And when you call, they say that they don’t really care about the processing time when you applied. All that matters is the processing time right now...
They really restrict of the movement of Immigrants and that is unfair.