Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
missmymexi said:
Aw thanks Baxter ! I am going a little crazy and so is my fiance, its weird when you cant remember how it feels to lay in the persons arms anymore or what a kiss may feel like, or just to feel his belly laugh or touch his face. I miss him so much everyday, in all the little things that i do. Its been hard on my daughter too (she is from another marriage and 6 years old) , she loves him so much, skype helps her for sure, she can show him pictures she painted and sometimes even the neighbhor kids come by and say hello on skype as well.

Its funny though, every where i go everyone is always asking about him, the pizza delivery guy, the sushi restuarant, the local gas station and tim hourtons employee, he made a real impact on our little neighborhood !

I just close my eyes and dream of when we will be together and hold on to it as tight as possible
I forgot he was in Canada before. That makes it harder. It's harder on my husband because he goes to places we have been together. I don't have any memories of him here. But seeing each other sometimes is difficult too, when it's only for a short time. You know the whole time you're visiting you're soon going to have to say good bye. You just get use to being with them again, and you have to get use to being apart again. And of course I'm an emotional wreck starting the day before I leave :)

KJG- Yeah we don't Skype much, but going to try and do it more.. IM is just not the same!!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
KJG said:
I understand missmymexi....I was at a Canada Day party and everyone asked about my husband...I think I explained at least 50 times and while it was great they care....it just makes me feel so isolated everytime I say well.....I am on stage 2 but have to wiait 10 months before I can call....and that is awesome you guys can skype. My husband is cuban and while we email everyday it is impossible to skype with him.....lucky I have made videos of some of our trips and sometimes I just watch them to hear is voice and his laughter....
KJG - That is a hard one, I have many friends in Cuba so I completely understand, even MSN-ing with them can be difficult depending where they are, internet is just not very reliable there. I feel for you alot there because as difficult as it is skype is saviour. Can you guys do little webcam videos and email them to eachother ? its always nice to see the natural movements and little things that they do that you forget about :) I must say though, Cuba is by far one of my favorite countries (but dont tell my fiance !) and super cheap to get to. What part of Cuba is he from ?

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
tsjunx said:
As hard as it gets, we remind each other that we're doing this to be together cus not being together is not an option.
Absolutely, total gospel !!!

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
tsjunx said:
It's really really hard and it gets to both of us at times and we get a bit blue, I feel for the couples that haven't seen each other in such a long time, it's a tough process. We communicate a lot, that's how we keep our bond alive, we use skype for our daily video calls and we watch movies, tv shows, we have "dates" to watch a movie and eat together... technology is wonderful cus it let's us keep in touch so much, before imessage and unlimited texts we were spending a lot on money on cell phones.

As hard as it gets, we remind each other that we're doing this to be together cus not being together is not an option.
Yes that's true.. being separated but together.. is better than not being together at all.

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
I haven't been to Cuba, but will definitely go someday. That's too bad that they have issues with the internet there, it's the last thing you need.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
missmymexi said:
KJG - That is a hard one, I have many friends in Cuba so I completely understand, even MSN-ing with them can be difficult depending where they are, internet is just not very reliable there. I feel for you alot there because as difficult as it is skype is saviour. Can you guys do little webcam videos and email them to eachother ? its always nice to see the natural movements and little things that they do that you forget about :) I must say though, Cuba is by far one of my favorite countries (but dont tell my fiance !) and super cheap to get to. What part of Cuba is he from ?
thanks missmymexi....he is from Matanzas.....just outside of Varadero. and it is very hard to email pictures at all....dial up email for him so a video will not work....even when I try to text him a picture he does not receive it :(

and yes I absolutely love Cuba......and it will be so wonderful when we can fly to and from together!!!!!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
TSauretBaxter said:
I forgot he was in Canada before. That makes it harder. It's harder on my husband because he goes to places we have been together. I don't have any memories of him here. But seeing each other sometimes is difficult too, when it's only for a short time. You know the whole time you're visiting you're soon going to have to say good bye. You just get use to being with them again, and you have to get use to being apart again. And of course I'm an emotional wreck starting the day before I leave :)

KJG- Yeah we don't Skype much, but going to try and do it more.. IM is just not the same!!
I have the same as your husband, I still live in the same place that immigration came to take him from, sleep in the same bed, his stuff is still here and his paintings on the wall. I thought about packing it up so I wouldnt see it, but I think its good not to change it because it is still our home and one day he will back here with us and I want him to come back with everything the same as he left :)

I hear you about visiting and leaving, I was a sopping mess and so was he, I cant wait for a day that we never have to say good by again !

I know this sounds corny with all the modern technology available, but we also write eachother love letters, and its so awesome to get home and see it in my mailbox and something you can hold onto to remember what you have been through and the love that stayed strong. Although, it does take about 2 to 3 months between the mexican and canadian postal system, so its always a suprise !

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
missmymexi said:
I know this sounds corny with all the modern technology available, but we also write eachother love letters, and its so awesome to get home and see it in my mailbox and something you can hold onto to remember what you have been through and the love that stayed strong. Although, it does take about 2 to 3 months between the mexican and canadian postal system, so its always a suprise !
That's awesome!! I think it's very cute... I tried that once and it never got delivered lol, the good thing is I got the envelope back right in time for my next trip so I delivered it in person haha

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
KJG said:
thanks missmymexi....he is from Matanzas.....just outside of Varadero. and it is very hard to email pictures at all....dial up email for him so a video will not work....even when I try to text him a picture he does not receive it :(

and yes I absolutely love Cuba......and it will be so wonderful when we can fly to and from together!!!!!
Yes I could see that, like I say I even have MSN issues with my friends in Cuba so not suprised. My father also lives in a remote community and has dial up, I tried to check my facebook and had a coffee and walked around the property for 20 minutes and it still wasnt loaded so I can only imagine ! How does the mail system, is it slow as well ? I havent been to that part of Cuba but I want to explore so much more of it, I have many friends in Havana and also guardalavaca, so when i am finished saving my pennies to go to mexico to see my other half, I think we will save together for a nice holiday in Cuba! Well hopefully you can keep seeing him every four months or so, I find thats the point where you start longing again, so I think every 3 to 4 months is a good duration if you can get away with it :)

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
missmymexi said:
That's such a great idea. Althought I wouldn't trust the mail.. lol Most people are better at expressing themselves through writing than verbal, so it's a good opportunity to express certain things. And since it's so stressful on a relationship, I think a nice hand written letter is a really nice sentiment!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013

could not be better said. we tell eachother this everyday! :)

am19

Jul 4, 2012
It is very difficult to be apart, but as my wifey said, technology is amazing, I just love to be able to imessage her during the day, facetime is great too if you are not in front of your computer. I also use skype to call her during her lunch break.

Every Sunday is our special day and we spend it together (through a video call of course) having coffee in the morning, reading the news, watching movies or TV series, having dinner. We even watch musical videos on youtube and sing together!

After all being separated does not mean you have to live your life as if you were single and just call each other one time a day (or even a week :eek:) We all know it is incredibly hard, but in my opinion I think it is a great opportunity to create a very unique and special bond with your partner.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
am19 said:
Every Sunday is our special day and we spend it together (through a video call of course) having coffee in the morning, reading the news, watching movies or TV series, having dinner. We even watch musical videos on youtube and sing together!
What a great thing to do, absolutely love it, we do that a little bit, but I like the idea of having a designated day. Your comments made me get a huge smile, thank you for sharing :)

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
I notice on this forum that alot of couples are both on here and very involved in what is going on, getting excited and anxious together and happy when progress happens. I dont have this with my fiance, he doesnt want to know anything about it so I am pretty much doing it on my own. Thank goodness for the forum ! I tell him things and he just says, lets not talk about it, what happens happens. I am starting to find it very frusturating, this is suppose to be something for both of us and more so for him since he was the one deported. Does anyone else have this issue, its driving me crazy and making me want to give up

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
missmymexi said:
I notice on this forum that alot of couples are both on here and very involved in what is going on, getting excited and anxious together and happy when progress happens. I dont have this with my fiance, he doesnt want to know anything about it so I am pretty much doing it on my own. Thank goodness for the forum ! I tell him things and he just says, lets not talk about it, what happens happens. I am starting to find it very frusturating, this is suppose to be something for both of us and more so for him since he was the one deported. Does anyone else have this issue, its driving me crazy and making me want to give up
Well my husband is not very involved either...but his involvement is not by choice....he is in Cuba and he has limited access to email only.....but he knows exactly what is going every step of the way and he keeps me grounded when I go off.........I know it drives him crazy because we are both very much alike in that we are proactive and this process is killing us can we can do nothing but wait......