+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent wrong form, got AOR today, what does it mean?

robw

Mar 10, 2014
I did the same thing
I wanted to apply on October 11, the website was having problems
The form has been changed
I filled out the first application but when I wanted to print it I couldn’t because it was enabled
I waited some time but then I found another one, I was done and able to print. I sent my application but next day when I checked the second form wasn’t there but there was only the first one that I couldn’t print. It’s their mistake I hope they recognize it.
Thanks
No...no it's not. Yes, they made a mistake, but it's not their fault you printed outdated forms because you were in a hurry, neglected to read the obvious mention of four/six years in that form, and proceeded to fill it, proof-read it, print it AND sign it...you have no one to blame for this but yourself. You and OP, who still delusionally blames other members of this forum for his ridiculous mistake.

Last edited:

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
I did send the old form as well. As per cic, old forms are accepted until January 2018.
hi, can you please tell me the source for this information.? thank you.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Stop being an a**hole. Stop being an idiot.

Obviously you can't read - S/he said that s/he made a mistake reading the forum, not "THE mistake (of) reading the forum".
You're missing the whole story. A day after October 11, the same OP posted another thread where he clearly blamed members of this forum for posting about updated forms around midnight (as soon as new C6 forms were made available). IRCC was having obvious issues with all their servers picking up the updated forms, some folks who rushed in downloaded the old form, didn't bother checking the date at the bottom, and rushed to mail it out. OP included.

I clearly remember that thread like it was today, and now it's conveniently deleted.

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
You're missing the whole story. A day after October 11, the same OP posted another thread where he clearly blamed members of this forum for posting about updated forms around midnight (as soon as new C6 forms were made available). IRCC was having obvious issues with all their servers picking up the updated forms, some folks who rushed in downloaded the old form, didn't bother checking the date at the bottom, and rushed to mail it out. OP included.

I clearly remember that thread like it was today, and now it's conveniently deleted.
I didn't blame anyone, i just described what happened. It is true that information from this forum should always be double checked, but that is my mistake

Rahma85

Nov 16, 2017
No...no it's not. Yes, they made a mistake, but it's not their fault you printed outdated forms because you were in a hurry, neglected to read the obvious mention of four/six years in that form, and proceeded to fill it, proof-read it, print it AND sign it...you have no one to blame for this but yourself. You and OP, who still delusionally blames other members of this forum for his ridiculous mistake.
I never blamed the forum!
I joined it after I sent my application
Yes I was in a hurry
Because I have a baby who wouldn’t stop crying and I had to go to my husband’s work for that because my laptop has a problem and wouldn’t open any form! And I waited so long for this, because the law changed just 2 months before I apply.
Again I never blamed anyone
And yes I printed what was on their website on October 11.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
This is risky because the old form wouldn't have the "Updated October 2017" on the bottom. Let us know how everything goes... I'm curious.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
If you applied with old forms (4/6) rule, with 3/5 eligibility fullfiled, you applied with less than required days. Once it goes in process and the officer sees that they will proceed accordingly. You can check what process is followed of you apply with less days as required.

AOR has got nothing to do with your eligibility or processing. It's issued if you fullfill basic application requirements, not citizenship requirements.

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
If you applied with old forms (4/6) rule, with 3/5 eligibility fullfiled, you applied with less than required days. Once it goes in process and the officer sees that they will proceed accordingly. You can check what process is followed of you apply with less days as required.

AOR has got nothing to do with your eligibility or processing. It's issued if you fullfill basic application requirements, not citizenship requirements.
MMhhh no, in my AOR it states my application will be processed based on the 3/5 new rules