+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent wrong form, got AOR today, what does it mean?

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
O you mean if "Government" sees discrepancies in your application they'll contact you with an RQ? Or if you made mistakes that can be deemed as misrepresentation and the " Government" contacts you and bans your a**, Or if you made a mistake in calculation and you don't update and the "Government" contacts you by forwarding your case to a Citizenship judge.... Right? Kinda makes sense, why would you want to correct it before "Government" contacts you?

Geez....
this is not what we are talking about in this thread, stop being a mess. We are talking about correct info but old form used, stop.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello OP,

Please don't send any form , explanation , until CIC ask you as of now .

Good Luck

Reactions: Rahma85

Escan1

Nov 9, 2017
You send old form in oct-11 correct and received AOR so did you included the old size of photo or the new requirement size ?

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
O you mean if "Government" sees discrepancies in your application they'll contact you with an RQ? Or if you made mistakes that can be deemed as misrepresentation and the " Government" contacts you and bans your a**, Or if you made a mistake in calculation and you don't update and the "Government" contacts you by forwarding your case to a Citizenship judge.... Right? Kinda makes sense, why would you want to correct it before "Government" contacts you?

Geez....
I'm not talking about mistakes or mis presentation for things " YOU KNOW" I'm talking here for things that you do not know and it is standards... of course if you know there is main mistake you did you should contact them... and in your case, your mistake is not that much important to refuse or accept the application

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
You send old form in oct-11 correct and received AOR so did you included the old size of photo or the new requirement size ?
what? I included the size that was suggested on the website on October 10 evening, did they change that as well???

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Can someone guide me, i sent my application on sunday- now i realized a mistake that on the physical presence calculator it asked for reason for visit i wrote to visit family members- i forgot to add that i got married during the visit too? What should do. Can someone help me!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Can someone guide me, i sent my application on sunday- now i realized a mistake that on the physical presence calculator it asked for reason for visit i wrote to visit family members- i forgot to add that i got married during the visit too? What should do. Can someone help me!
That is not much of a mistake, if it is even a mistake. No need to do anything about this.

If the purpose of the trip was specifically oriented around getting married, then to say it was to visit family was not true, but even that has relatively minimal if any significance. Still nothing to do about it now . . . if, per chance, there was a question raised in the interview, you could clarify then, but the likelihood of this coming up is less than remote.

In all the dozens and dozens of Federal Court decisions I have read about citizenship applications, over the course of nearly a decade now, I cannot recall a single one in which questions arose about the stated purpose of the trip abroad, not as a negative issue anyway (note comment about short-fall cases under old residency rules in example below).

Not All Mistakes Are Created Equal:

That said, this seems like a good opportunity to revisit the importance of recognizing that not all mistakes are created equal. Even the precisely same mistake/misstatement can have a widely different impact for one applicant compared to another. Context matters. Impressions matter.

An Example; an unusually long "holiday" abroad:

It is my impression that some applicants will casually state the purpose of a trip abroad is "holidays" (or "to visit family") even though the trip is for months, even though a holiday abroad for that length of time might appear odd or incongruous for that particular individual.

In particular, consider the applicant who reports being abroad for months on "holidays" whereas given the applicant's lifestyle, especially as to employment, a holiday for months is either incongruous (mill workers and retail employees do not ordinarily get months long holidays) or suggests the possibility the applicant has undisclosed business or employment abroad (self-declared "consultants" with months long "holidays" are bound to attract some attention).

In contrast, it may be entirely unremarkable if a university professor reports a holiday abroad for months which correspond to a break between courses the professor teaches. That long abroad for a holiday makes sense for a university professor.

If the time abroad seems disproportionate (overly long), that in itself is NOT an issue. It is NOT as if the incongruous (perhaps somewhat suspicious) "holidays" purpose will be the focus of any, let alone much attention. Again, I have not seen the purpose explanation get any negative attention. (Distinction: purpose was relevant for so-called short-fall applicants under the old 3/4 residency rules, but those were cases in which the applicant was affirmatively pushing for the time abroad to be included as time resident in Canada despite not being physically present in Canada. In those cases, it was the applicant's burden to show the purpose of the time abroad was consistent with maintaining residency in Canada despite being abroad.)

Rather, if the nature and duration of the time abroad invites some questions, attracts some suspicions, it is more likely that will simply trigger elevated scrutiny in general, and the impact will depend on what the processing agent discovers in looking at the case more closely. The impact can range from a shrug to the issuance of a full blown RQ (CIT 0171). But again, that impact will most likely depend on what IRCC perceives in the course of taking a closer look at all aspects of the applicant and application.

In other words, if a processing agent perceives something askew in the reasons given for travel, that itself will not become a focus of attention or concern, but rather that increases the RISK of a more extensive or intensive scrutiny of all the facts and circumstances. And how that affects the process will depend on the outcome of that elevated scrutiny.

Bottom-line: there is NO need to worry at all about having not referenced a marriage while abroad in the presence calculation.

If there is any reason to worry, that would be rooted in something other than that.

CA17CA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
why do not you guys re-fill the new form and send again in reference to the AOR #? I think that would not hurt.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
I did the same thing
I wanted to apply on October 11, the website was having problems
The form has been changed
I filled out the first application but when I wanted to print it I couldn’t because it was enabled
I waited some time but then I found another one, I was done and able to print. I sent my application but next day when I checked the second form wasn’t there but there was only the first one that I couldn’t print. It’s their mistake I hope they recognize it.
Received AOR on November 15th
Ecas status: application received
I am confused some of you say AOR means they are not returning it but others say that they still didn’t check it yet
Please help
Thanks
AOR means Acknowledgement of Receipt that means they are not returning your application. Your ECAS says application received. So dont worry you are good.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
why do not you guys re-fill the new form and send again in reference to the AOR #? I think that would not hurt.
There is no point in submitting new forms again because old forms would have all information which are in new forms.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
Did anyone that submitted old forms got "In Progress" status on ECAS?
I received AOR on the 17th, ECAS still says "Application Received".