+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent wrong form, got AOR today, what does it mean?

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
I applied under the 3/5 rule on October 11, but I sent the old form instead of the new one updated on October 11.

Today I got the AOR email from CIC. Does it mean the form is accepted? Help me please

Also how do i check my Ecas status?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rahma85

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
what? I checked my ECAS status but it's not working, how do you check it? I used my UCI number but it's not recognizing it

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I applied under the 3/5 rule on October 11, but I sent the old form instead of the new one updated on October 11.

Today I got the AOR email from CIC. Does it mean the form is accepted? Help me please
No one can answer the question with 100% certainty. Call cic and see where your application was forwarded too and send them updated application form with explanation letter, asap.

AOR means all documents and application are complete. They don't assess the eligibility etc.

The risk is if you applied with 3/5 residency requirement completed, but applied under 4/6 it might lead to complications, like case being forward to judge etc. as you won't (probably) have completed 4/6.

Again no one can answer this with certainty, call cic and see that your best bet.

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
No one can answer the question with 100% certainty. Call cic and see where your application was forwarded too and send them updated application form with explanation letter, asap.

AOR means all documents and application are complete. They don't assess the eligibility etc.

The risk is if you applied with 3/5 residency requirement completed, but applied under 4/6 it might lead to complications, like case being forward to judge etc. as you won't (probably) have completed 4/6.

Again no one can answer this with certainty, call cic and see that your best bet.
I applied under the 3/5 rule but i used the old form...

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I applied under the 3/5 rule but i used the old form...
Old form , meaning 4/6 era forms right?

This is what is on cic website:

Citizenship requirements for physical presence, language and knowledge changed on October 11. You can apply for citizenship under the new rules using updated forms.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
what? I checked my ECAS status but it's not working, how do you check it? I used my UCI number but it's not recognizing it
Give it 24-48 hours and it will recognize you. AOR is only issued if the application is accepted/deemed complete otherwise they will simply return it. Now they will start processing your application

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Give it 24-48 hours and it will recognize you. AOR is only issued if the application is accepted/deemed complete otherwise they will simply return it. Now they will start processing your application
thanks so much! i hope so

Rahma85

Nov 16, 2017
I did the same thing
I wanted to apply on October 11, the website was having problems
The form has been changed
I filled out the first application but when I wanted to print it I couldn’t because it was enabled
I waited some time but then I found another one, I was done and able to print. I sent my application but next day when I checked the second form wasn’t there but there was only the first one that I couldn’t print. It’s their mistake I hope they recognize it.
Received AOR on November 15th
Ecas status: application received
I am confused some of you say AOR means they are not returning it but others say that they still didn’t check it yet
Please help
Thanks