+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sent wrong form, got AOR today, what does it mean?

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I did the same thing
I wanted to apply on October 11, the website was having problems
The form has been changed
I filled out the first application but when I wanted to print it I couldn’t because it was enabled
I waited some time but then I found another one, I was done and able to print. I sent my application but next day when I checked the second form wasn’t there but there was only the first one that I couldn’t print. It’s their mistake I hope they recognize it.
Received AOR on November 15th
Ecas status: application received
I am confused some of you say AOR means they are not returning it but others say that they still didn’t check it yet
Please help
Thanks
Like mentioned above AOR means your application is complete, no missing signature or files in the application form etc and they check that minimum requirement is fulfilled regarding documents as per check list. Then AOR is issued.

Then it gets forwarded to the office that deals with your area. Now the officer will check your eligibility, documents, authenticity of your claim regarding citizenship, calculate your days in Canada (one of the most important criteria), travel history, income tax criteria etc etc etc. If anyone is short on days, suspicious documents, or any red flags further scrutiny would be initiated. If someone falls short on days as per requirement I think it gets forwarded to a Jude (if I am not mistaken).

If someone fulfills the requirements, have provided all the necessary documents they get to move on, test /interview etc.

Reactions: Rahma85

PhDstudent

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
i was able to access my ECAS, it says: "application received" and this

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 17, 2017.
Am I safe? Or should I send them the correct form now? Please advise

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
I am in the same boat @PhDstudent , i was waiting for my file to be returned but was shocked yesterday when i saw AOR in the email, i am going to wait to see if the status goes to "IN PROCESS" in ECAS within 2 weeks. If not then i will be worried and possibly call CIC and seek help. We might have dodged a bullet here, Fingers crossed.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
i was able to access my ECAS, it says: "application received" and this

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 17, 2017.
Am I safe? Or should I send them the correct form now? Please advise

Did you read the replies?

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I am in the same boat @PhDstudent , i was waiting for my file to be returned but was shocked yesterday when i saw AOR in the email, i am going to wait to see if the status goes to "IN PROCESS" in ECAS within 2 weeks. If not then i will be worried and possibly call CIC and seek help. We might have dodged a bullet here, Fingers crossed.
As it reaches the office stage and they start scrutinizing your application/documents it will go in process. Nothing to do with being eligible or not. Just when the work on your application starts the status changes to "In-Process".

Good luck.

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
I think you should not rely on answers here, since noone has concrete result of this mistake happening and getting accepted or rejected. All the answers are speculations, just call CIC or wait.

Rahma85

Nov 16, 2017
Like mentioned above AOR means your application is complete, no missing signature or files in the application form etc and they check that minimum requirement is fulfilled regarding documents as per check list. Then AOR is issued.

Then it gets forwarded to the office that deals with your area. Now the officer will check your eligibility, documents, authenticity of your claim regarding citizenship, calculate your days in Canada (one of the most important criteria), travel history, income tax criteria etc etc etc. If anyone is short on days, suspicious documents, or any red flags further scrutiny would be initiated. If someone falls short on days as per requirement I think it gets forwarded to a Jude (if I am not mistaken).

If someone fulfills the requirements, have provided all the necessary documents they get to move on, test /interview etc.
Everything is complete
I meet physical presence requirements,
Taxes
Language
No criminal history
Haven’t left canada since I came in 2010
The only thing is that I submitted my application on October 11, that was a new one but later on that day there was another form. I mean that if I didn’t check again I wouldn’t notice that it was not the right form.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Everything is complete
I meet physical presence requirements,
Taxes
Language
No criminal history
Haven’t left canada since I came in 2010
The only thing is that I submitted my application on October 11, that was a new one but later on that day there was another form. I mean that if I didn’t check again I wouldn’t notice that it was not the right form.
Good luck.

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
With government DO NOT BE initiative.... just reply when you have question! Otherwise you will create doubts to your file

Long story short

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
With government DO NOT BE initiative.... just reply when you have question! Otherwise you will create doubts to your file

Long story short
What does this mean?

Any information should be corrected as soon as possible, common sense should prevail.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
My friend be sure that if something wrong with government they will contact you.... so wait to be contacted!
O you mean if "Government" sees discrepancies in your application they'll contact you with an RQ? Or if you made mistakes that can be deemed as misrepresentation and the " Government" contacts you and bans your a**, Or if you made a mistake in calculation and you don't update and the "Government" contacts you by forwarding your case to a Citizenship judge.... Right? Kinda makes sense, why would you want to correct it before "Government" contacts you?

Geez....