+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending PR Card overseas post-soft landing

losttsinelas

Mar 22, 2018
Hello everyone!

I intend to soft land in February, process my PR card application, return to work overseas, and have my friend send it to me via UPS, DHL or FEDEX once it arrives at his address. Does anyone know if these courier services would allow this? Helps to know if someone has done this in recent months.

I've been getting mixed replies from members of chat groups, some saying it's illegal to send PR card and that FEDEX (for example) would send it back to IRCC once they find out it's a PR card.

Thanks in advance!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone!

I intend to soft land in February, process my PR card application, return to work overseas, and have my friend send it to me via UPS, DHL or FEDEX once it arrives at his address. Does anyone know if these courier services would allow this? Helps to know if someone has done this in recent months.

I've been getting mixed replies from members of chat groups, some saying it's illegal to send PR card and that FEDEX (for example) would send it back to IRCC once they find out it's a PR card.

Thanks in advance!
It's NOT illegal to send a PR card from Canada. Whether it's legal or not to import it into the destination country is another matter entirely.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!
It is not illegal to ship a PR card.

Maysl Alex

Mar 28, 2015
Has anyone actually done that?

As I will be in the same boat in two weeks. Have an urgent trip, that doesn't meet the "Urgent Processing" conditions.