+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport from USA to Canada

sridharvr111

Feb 7, 2022
Hi, I am trying to send my passport to Canada for PR stamping. I am based in Texas currently. The second line of the address seems too big to fit in the Fedex/UPS address inputs.
CPCO – PR VISA
US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

May I know if it would be fine to just have the second line shortened as 'US PR VISA/Passports'

Thank you!

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi, I am trying to send my passport to Canada for PR stamping. I am based in Texas currently. The second line of the address seems too big to fit in the Fedex/UPS address inputs.
CPCO – PR VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

May I know if it would be fine to just have the second line shortened as 'US PR VISA/Passports'

Thank you!
You can email them and have your Passport submission location to be changed inside the U.S instead of sending to Canada.

kvt214

Feb 1, 2019
Maybe this is the wrong group but urgently looking for some guidance.

Sent passports from US to Canada (via Fedex) for CoPR stamping to Ottawa in Sep 2021. Received two additional request letters in Jan 2022 asking to send passport (again). Have contacted support via web forms as well as calling their helpline but no response, only generic replies. What can we do to obtain our passport back? We need to travel to India immediately and our passport is stuck with CIC since the last ~5 months.

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
May be try to contact your country's Embassy here in the states. Not entirely sure why they would take over 5 months to stamp a passport and return back. Your country's embassy could issue a new passport for you if you claim that it was lost or may be they can guide you on how to get it back from Ottawa office.

Reactions: kvt214

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022

rbbnb22

Feb 4, 2021
The email address which you need to contact, in order to have your PPR instructions reissued to a different VO, would be mentioned in your PPR document / email. For me, it was IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
I got that in my request letter. Its been 3 days no response yet. Got an automated response saying ‘We will only contact you if more information or clarifications are required’

rbbnb22

Feb 4, 2021
The email address which you need to contact, in order to have your PPR instructions reissued to a different VO, would be mentioned in your PPR document / email. For me, it was IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Got this response. Its weird.

"The only way we can proceed with the stamping of your visa is by having your passport sent to us as instructed. Passports are always sent back in secure ways, there is no concerns here. Many Indian passport holders have proceed this way before with no problems. Visa offices outside Canada are not authorized to do visa stamping. If you send your application to New York office it will be sent back to you. Please follow instructions and send it to Ottawa"

Reactions: RSub

sridharvr111

Feb 7, 2022
wow thats quite a reply. Once we send the passports to Ottawa for printing visa, do they usually send an update or update anywhere in the system saying they have received it? or is Fedex the only indicator?

rbbnb22

Feb 4, 2021
wow thats quite a reply. Once we send the passports to Ottawa for printing visa, do they usually send an update or update anywhere in the system saying they have received it? or is Fedex the only indicator?
Fedex only I guess. or we have to send an email to the same email address they listed in passport request letter

rbbnb22

Feb 4, 2021
CPCO – PR VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Thank you!
Did you send your passport?
How did you fill the address?

sridharvr111

Feb 7, 2022
Did you send your passport?
How did you fill the address?
I filled the second line as US PR TR VISA/ Passport
Not sure if it is ok to do that. I was approaching deadline and I had to send it in this format. I haven't received my passport back yet nor any kinda response from their side yet except the Fedex tracking update. So I guess you shouldn't base it on my response.

rbbnb22

Feb 4, 2021
I filled the second line as US PR TR VISA/ Passport
Not sure if it is ok to do that. I was approaching deadline and I had to send it in this format. I haven't received my passport back yet nor any kinda response from their side yet except the Fedex tracking update. So I guess you shouldn't base it on my response.
You added this to name itself? 'CPCO – PR VISA US PR TR VISA/ Passport' like this?
or you added second line in 'company' field?