Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
guys.. might be a stupid question.
If I am sending via Fedex - when you guys mention that I can print the label myself (onward) - Does it mean I can print it on A4 and use glue to stick on the envelope? like a stamp?

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
guys.. might be a stupid question.
If I am sending via Fedex - when you guys mention that I can print the label myself (onward) - Does it mean I can print it on A4 and use glue to stick on the envelope? like a stamp?
Please take a print only of ALL the pages and then go to FedEx store.

They dont stick anything on the envelope . Everything will be inside a plastic pouch both for onward and return pre paid envelope.

Thanks

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Please take a print only of ALL the pages and then go to FedEx store.

They dont stick anything on the envelope . Everything will be inside a plastic pouch both for onward and return pre paid envelope.

Thanks
Regarding you comment about printing all documents first and then go to Fedex, is there a reason behind this? I mean can I go to Fedex store and have them print the labels and other docs?

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Regarding you comment about printing all documents first and then go to Fedex, is there a reason behind this? I mean can I go to Fedex store and have them print the labels and other docs?
Sorry. I was responding to the previous member's post but you are absolutely right.

You can access your online account from Fedex store , if you need to make changes you can do it there itself and then print everything from store itself.

You do not need to print anything ahead of time . Thanks

Vinsk

Sep 18, 2018
I can see some information discrepancy in this thread regarding return labels,the IRCC advises the return label consist of the following

Which can be referred here :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

To purchase a FedEx online shipping label please follow the instructions below. If you need help call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339.

1. Ctrl-Click on this link: Purchase FedEx Shipping Label
  2. Fill in the ship “From” address section with the CPC-Ottawa mailing address as below:
    • First Name: CPC-Ottawa | PR-TR PRINTING (or the one mentioned in their passport request email )
    • Company: [Leave this field blank]
    • Street Address: 365 Laurier Ave West
    • Apt/Etage/Bureau/Suite: [Leave this field blank]
    • Postal Code: K1A 1L1
    • City: OTTAWA
    • Province: Ontario
    • Phone: Your own Phone Number, DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number.
    • Email notifications: Put your email address here, DO NOT put the CPC-O email address.
    • Tax ID no.: Leave blank
  3. Fill in the ship “To” address section with your mailing address details;
  4. Select “item”: FedEx Envelope, 0.2 kg. Carriage value: Leave blank.
  5. Select “SHIP DATE”: If not today or tomorrow (further in the future)
  6. Select the fastest delivery service offered in your region
  7. For pick-up, select Item #3 – Use an already scheduled pickup at my location
    • DO NOT SELECT “Schedule a pickup”
  8. Review all mailing details and pay online:
    • You can use a credit card or an already existing FedEx account. Remember that the address for the credit card or FedEx account has to match what is already on file. If you fail 3 times, it will lock out the payment number you’re trying to use.
  9. VERY IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
    • When you receive the e-mail confirmation from FedEx, open the shipping label and save the label as an electronic version (PDF file) on the desktop of your computer.
    • Print all the pages of the pdf file, including commercial invoices, on plain white paper, single sided.
    • Include in your parcel ALL the pages that printed with your documents.
You do not need to include an empty FedEx envelope.

Reactions: sarastone

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I can see some information discrepancy in this thread regarding return labels,the IRCC advises the return label consist of the following

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

To purchase a FedEx online shipping label please follow the instructions below. If you need help call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339.

2. Fill in the ship “From” address section with the CPC-Ottawa mailing address as below:
    • First Name: CPC-Ottawa | PR-TR PRINTING (or the one mentioned in their passport request email )
    • Email notifications: Put your email address here, DO NOT put the CPC-O email address.
    • You can use a credit card or an already existing FedEx account. Remember that the address for the credit card or FedEx account has to match what is already on file. If you fail 3 times, it will lock out the payment number you’re trying to use.
    • When you receive the e-mail confirmation from FedEx, open the shipping label and save the label as an electronic version (PDF file) on the desktop of your computer.
    • Print all the pages of the pdf file, including commercial invoices, on plain white paper, single sided.
This is slightly different from the specific instructions as provided by IRCC to me when I sent Ottawa an email. As such I followed what they told me and also posted it in this forum. I just repeated verbatum.

gandalf019283

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
I sent my passports via Fedex International Priority. They are stuck at Memphis, TN on the way to Canada. Called Fedex and they said they will get back to me. Anyone is/was in the same boat?

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I sent my passports via Fedex International Priority. They are stuck at Memphis, TN on the way to Canada. Called Fedex and they said they will get back to me. Anyone is/was in the same boat?
I sent mine only last month but it didn’t go through Memphis. However it came back through Memphis and didn’t get any issues. Is there and kind of weather issues? I know they had a systems outage in Memphis couple days ago. However I’m sure they will sort it out.

gandalf019283

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
I sent mine only last month but it didn’t go through Memphis. However it came back through Memphis and didn’t get any issues. Is there and kind of weather issues? I know they had a systems outage in Memphis couple days ago. However I’m sure they will sort it out.
no weather delays. dont know what is going on. this wait is far worse than than the wait for ppr.

gandalf019283

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
I know especially when you know that you’re so close.
so a nice fedex agent told me it was a mis-sort. Good thing I called otherwise it was going to a wrong address. yikes!! So now I wait for next update.

gandalf019283

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-11-2018
so this is for future reference, there are helpful folks in reddit that are fedex employees. you can direct message them your tracking and they can tell you more details than a customer service agent can. I messaged 4 such folks. One of them had more capabilities to look into my issue at a deeper level.
subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FedEx/

..at your own risk!

grimrakem

Jul 30, 2018

What's the ship date here in step 5, can anyone explain, what should I select if I am planning to send my passport to Canada a week after purchasing the return label.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
What's the ship date here in step 5, can anyone explain, what should I select if I am planning to send my passport to Canada a week after purchasing the return label.
I selected the farthest date available on FedEx which was 1 or 2 weeks in the future.