+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed - Graphic Designer (5241)

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
There is not much of information available online regarding this particular case online and on this forum either.
Therefore my goal is to share what I have experienced when applying from Pakistan.

Case Overview:
I have prior employment experience in Pakistan and then I started working as a self-employed person in UK, running a Limited company. It has been 3 years since I have been self-employed.

On the points table this is my situation.

Points break down:
  • experience - 3 years - pts 25
  • education
  • age - 10
  • language abilities - pts 10
  • adaptability -pts 5
Points acquired 50/100 ( * required 35)

Documents submitted:

Experience:
  1. Company registration details.
  2. Invoices of the big clients from the past 3 years.
Language:
  • IELTS
Adaptability:
  • WES result for my Spouse
Supporting Documents:
  • 2 Medical Certificates.
  • All photocopies were attested.
  • Total 4 photographs 2 from applicant and 2 from a spouse.
  • Birth Certificate
  • Had a maintenance of equivalent to 3 people.
  • Marriage Certificate
  • 2 Police Certificate
So, this is the complete list of documents which I submitted based on imm5784e-Checklist and provided the evidence that I am more than capable of supporting myself as I have already established a good business in UK.

I submitted my application on 18/06/2018.

Please do check out this forum, as this helped me a lot with my application.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/self-employed-application-2018.537290/

Reactions: umarhasan22

Xit

Feb 23, 2017
Hey ,

I am in the same position as you , there is not a lot of information online about this.

I also made another thread regarding this topic because i want to apply trough self-employment as graphic designer and i am not sure what i need to be 100% qualified.

Thanks

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Hey ,

I am in the same position as you, there is not a lot of information online about this.

I also made another thread regarding this topic because I want to apply through self-employment as a graphic designer and I am not sure what I need to be 100% qualified.

Thanks
Well to be eligible as a self-employed person, you need to be able to prove that you are self-employed.

You should be able to prove that you can support yourself and your family in Canada, so in your past experience as a self-employed person, you should have enough income to support yourself at least in a Canadian Economy.

You should also have worked at an international level as a self-employed person. Something to confirm that you are among the best that is out there, if not the best. It is up to you to prove that.
In my case, my transition from Pakistan and successfully establishing a business in the UK is a validation to confirm that I have worked at an international level.

If you can confirm these 2 requirements, then you can have build your case.

luna lee

Jun 22, 2018
Well to be eligible as a self-employed person, you need to be able to prove that you are self-employed.

You should be able to prove that you can support yourself and your family in Canada, so in your past experience as a self-employed person, you should have enough income to support yourself at least in a Canadian Economy.

You should also have worked at an international level as a self-employed person. Something to confirm that you are among the best that is out there, if not the best. It is up to you to prove that.
In my case, my transition from Pakistan and successfully establishing a business in the UK is a validation to confirm that I have worked at an international level.

If you can confirm these 2 requirements, then you can have build your case.
did you submit the business plan with your application ?

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
did you submit the business plan with your application ?
I made one, but there is a particular set of documents which is required with the application and Business Plan is not a required. I will send the business plan when they ask for more documents.

luna lee

Jun 22, 2018
I made one, but there is a particular set of documents which is required with the application and Business Plan is not a required. I will send the business plan when they ask for more documents.
thanks

did you win award before? and If so, what materials must be submitted in addition to the award certificate? such as the official introduce......

luna lee

Jun 22, 2018
thanks

did you win award before? and If so, what materials must be submitted in addition to the award certificate? such as the official introduce......
and do you submit a Narrative documents showing the source of your money?
could you please offer your templets? thanks so much. because Iam confused about this document.

If you don't mind, I am so pleasure to contact with you by WeChat. my WeChat No. is lilin186183

so appreciate.

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Update:

The documents are not yet delivered. They were supposed to be delivered a week ago. But Canadian postal work is for some reason slow now days. There is also a possibility that the documents might get lost and I have to submit a claim with Royal Mail.

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Received email today on 16/08/2018 with my Application Number and UCI number. Asking me to create GCKey and link my account.

Hwcmcs

May 23, 2018
Congratulations on moving a step further! Does it mean you got your AOR just a bit more than a month after they received your application?
Received email today on 16/08/2018 with my Application Number and UCI number. Asking me to create GCKey and link my account.

aizaz.ali

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Hey,

I want to add a dependent to my Visa Application. I have received the Application Number and have linked the application as well.

I am expecting a new family member, so what will be the process to notify immigration authorities about this change in circumstances?

Thanks

Hwcmcs

May 23, 2018
Reactions: aizaz.ali