+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed - Graphic Designer (5241)

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
About to ask the same question. We are also now start gathering the documents required but how do we really have to get things started like how and where to begin? We've already printed the documents from CIC. Afterwards, what's next? Filling out the form. Gather all the required documents. After, where to? Hope someone here can help. Thank you again in advance.

Hello,

please follow the steps in the link below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/apply.html

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988

Taoufikk77

Mar 6, 2018
Morocco
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
IELTS Request
08-10-2017
I share my timeline

11 Dec 2018 - application sent
22 Feb 2019 - application received
16 Mar 2019 - AOR
04 Apr 2019 - AOR LVO Rabat office
12 Apr 2019 - request for medicals
22 Apr 2019 - medical exam done
24 Apr 2019 - RPRF request
24 Apr 2019 - RPRF paid

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
I share my timeline

11 Dec 2018 - application sent
22 Feb 2019 - application received
16 Mar 2019 - AOR
04 Apr 2019 - AOR LVO Rabat office
12 Apr 2019 - request for medicals
22 Apr 2019 - medical exam done
24 Apr 2019 - RPRF request
24 Apr 2019 - RPRF paid

Hello how's your application going? Your application seems moving forward pretty fast. Happy for you! Did you apply via online or mail? And if you don't mind me asking in what province you are planning to reside?

Last edited:

amdee04

Jun 27, 2019
There is not much of information available online regarding this particular case online and on this forum either.
Therefore my goal is to share what I have experienced when applying from Pakistan.

Case Overview:
I have prior employment experience in Pakistan and then I started working as a self-employed person in UK, running a Limited company. It has been 3 years since I have been self-employed.

On the points table this is my situation.

Points break down:
  • experience - 3 years - pts 25
  • education
  • age - 10
  • language abilities - pts 10
  • adaptability -pts 5
Points acquired 50/100 ( * required 35)

Documents submitted:

Experience:
  1. Company registration details.
  2. Invoices of the big clients from the past 3 years.
Language:
  • IELTS
Adaptability:
  • WES result for my Spouse
Supporting Documents:
  • 2 Medical Certificates.
  • All photocopies were attested.
  • Total 4 photographs 2 from applicant and 2 from a spouse.
  • Birth Certificate
  • Had a maintenance of equivalent to 3 people.
  • Marriage Certificate
  • 2 Police Certificate
So, this is the complete list of documents which I submitted based on imm5784e-Checklist and provided the evidence that I am more than capable of supporting myself as I have already established a good business in UK.

I submitted my application on 18/06/2018.

Please do check out this forum, as this helped me a lot with my application.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/self-employed-application-2018.537290/

Hi

I am graphic designer with over 14 years of experience in this field. Overtime, I became a freelancer but worked as a freelance consultant from 2007 - 2016 working with international organisations ...but mainly as a consultant. I had some contracts like for individual assignments. Then in 2017, i started working fulltime and I am still working as that. I want to immigrate to canada but I want to be the prime applicant, my age is almost 41 and my scores isnt coming down to whats required. How do i apply and if there are some other visas i can apply to? Please let me know ...

thank you

regards

yulie wang

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
China
Category........
Hi

I am graphic designer with over 14 years of experience in this field. Overtime, I became a freelancer but worked as a freelance consultant from 2007 - 2016 working with international organisations ...but mainly as a consultant. I had some contracts like for individual assignments. Then in 2017, i started working fulltime and I am still working as that. I want to immigrate to canada but I want to be the prime applicant, my age is almost 41 and my scores isnt coming down to whats required. How do i apply and if there are some other visas i can apply to? Please let me know ...

thank you

regards
hi
your experience seems can apply for self employ.

amdee04

Jun 27, 2019
hi
your experience seems can apply for self employ.
But my point are coming down to very low. I need to know what other visas i can apply. Also, all the projects I did, these were freelancing projects/consultancies. SOme of the contracts I have. Need more guidance here please.

thank you

yulie wang

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
China
Category........
But my point are coming down to very low. I need to know what other visas i can apply. Also, all the projects I did, these were freelancing projects/consultancies. SOme of the contracts I have. Need more guidance here please.

thank you
send me messages on whatsapp +8613588023035,do you get 35 points total?

jagjitmanager

Jul 28, 2019
Hi,

Thanx for giving this important information.
i am from india and want to file for self employed visa as a Interior home decorator, i am getting 80+ points but i want to know some things that
1. My profession is not registered in my home country or anywhere.
2. No tax paid as i have income from my profession is about 2.40lakh
3. My master degree is in Social work and a diploma in interior designing

Could i apply for this visa and also get this visa?

thanx please reply me