+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Thank you! That definitely changes my perspective on when to apply. If I apply by July, I'll most likely have enough POF couple of months after that so that could work.
well, If you will do this don't ever lie about your bank statement. I mean just write down what is exactly the amount in your bank account. then write a separate paper with the question number heading and tell that you'll gain money in a couple of months but I'm applying now to save time. good luck

Reactions: mamasvoice

noc5131

Jan 8, 2020
well, If you will do this don't ever lie about your bank statement. I mean just write down what is exactly the amount in your bank account. then write a separate paper with the question number heading and tell that you'll gain money in a couple of months but I'm applying now to save time. good luck
Absolutely, I have no intention of lying. No reason to. If it's just a matter of months maybe something to consider to just wait to get the money in order and then applying. Thanks for the clarity.

Reactions: cheetos13s
Apr 18, 2021
Hello there
I’m from Ahmedabad (india). Is there any one who has applied as film director ? I’ve diploma in electrical engineering but I’m making films from last 5 years. Could any one help me out here as I don’t have any film degree/diploma/certificate.
Thanks in advance

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Thank you! That definitely changes my perspective on when to apply. If I apply by July, I'll most likely have enough POF couple of months after that so that could work.
You're welcome! Good luck on your application. Hope you'll be able to make your July deadline.

Reactions: noc5131

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hello there
I’m from Ahmedabad (india). Is there any one who has applied as film director ? I’ve diploma in electrical engineering but I’m making films from last 5 years. Could any one help me out here as I don’t have any film degree/diploma/certificate.
Thanks in advance
Hi, my husband is a film director. However, I am the principal applicant. In our application, I included his credentials as well. Although he did have certificates from film school, I think what you can submit is your engineering diploma and then just explain in your proof of relevant experience that you've been making films for the past 5 years.

Don't forget to add your film reel, whether in web links, photos, contracts, proof of compensation for your projects, awards, recommendation letters, or screenshots of correspondences (email, text, etc.). The more proof of your being an actively self-employed artist, the better.

By the way, I am a voice over artist and don't have certificates or diplomas for my occupation either. I've been doing voice over work for the past 16 years. I just included lots of proof of my relevant experience.

noc5131

Jan 8, 2020
We've now received COPR... Just a shame we can't do anything with it
Congrats anyways Zummer. I was looking through your previous posts to get a timeline on how long it took for you. So you got your PPR recently and your AOR in Jan 2020. When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

Zummer

Mar 21, 2021
Congrats anyways Zummer. I was looking through your previous posts to get a timeline on how long it took for you. So you got your PPR recently and your AOR in Jan 2020. When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?
No worries. We submitted our application just before Christmas 2019, and recieved AOR within a month. It's been a 16 month process in total. The estimated timeline when we initially applied was around 22 months

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
No worries. We submitted our application just before Christmas 2019, and recieved AOR within a month. It's been a 16 month process in total. The estimated timeline when we initially applied was around 22 months
That's great. Your timeline is still shorter than the processing time. Congrats again! Hope all COPR holders get to land in Canada soon. They should be considered essential too.