+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Question about processing times. If I got my temp. AOR/acknowledgement that they got my application 4 months ago, and the processing time was 24 months at that point, is THAT the processing time I should be considering.....or am I staring down the barrel of 34 months regardless of when they received my application?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Question about processing times. If I got my temp. AOR/acknowledgement that they got my application 4 months ago, and the processing time was 24 months at that point, is THAT the processing time I should be considering.....or am I staring down the barrel of 34 months regardless of when they received my application?
//
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision on it.

If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mail room.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
This is absurd, this has changed by 12 months in about 2 months time
We even paid for this!
Their fee, plus all the papers which at this point I'm doubting they will still consider valid, after such a long time.
For me doing the police certificates was painfully expensive, since I lived in three different countries...

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
//
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision on it.

If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mail room.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3
Yes, I read that....but it's not exactly clear if the extended processing times apply to you even if the application is received already or if it's the processing time that was listed at the time of receipt that is applicable. There's a 10 month difference there!

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Yes, I read that....but it's not exactly clear if the extended processing times apply to you even if the application is received already or if it's the processing time that was listed at the time of receipt that is applicable. There's a 10 month difference there!
I’d say this is an estimate based on a historical figure, instead of a service pledge.

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
"To improve our services, IRCC is collecting feedback from randomly selected clients who received a decision on their application in 2019.

You might want to ask also in the 2019 forum... (I have not received any survey request, since I sent mine in October 2020 and it's still on a temporary number...)

Zummer

Mar 21, 2021
Hi all,
We were lucky enough to receive AOR in Jan 2020 and requests for medicals and our residency fee in early November. Since paying the fee and passing our medicals we haven't heard a thing.
Is there anyone else on a similar timeline? I'm just trying to gauge where we're at in the process and what will happen next.
Quick update! We received PPR today. So, safe to say things are still moving, albeit slowly.

twoFour

May 1, 2020
Quick update! We received PPR today. So, safe to say things are still moving, albeit slowly.
Hey Zummer , Congrats! You're with London VAC, I suppose?
Hopefully most of us are going to get a response soon since VACs around the world are supposedly opening slowly but surely.

Please keep us updated on any communication you receive from IRCC regarding your border crossing. Many of us are biting our nails over this : D

Reactions: Zummer