+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

eanne06

Jan 10, 2020
Anyone who submitted in March or later hear anything or receive and UCI yet? It's been crickets on my end.

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Anyone who submitted in March or later hear anything or receive and UCI yet? It's been crickets on my end.
I send my application on the 16th of March and it was delivered on 25th of March. I didn't receive AOR yet :(

beyondlifei

Mar 24, 2020
I sent my application on Apr 23 via EMS from China, and It was delivered on Jun 2. Quite long due to the impact of COVID-19. Also, Not received AOR yet.

fasoola7321

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
I submitted for self employed (author) on Feb 2020, and completed biometrics on March 13 2020. Just waiting now. Timeline end is estimated to be Dec 2021. Radio silence so far.

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
How can someone who mistakenly captured a wrong figure for settlement fund correct such error.
Note : application has been submitted.

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Thanks to those posting their timelines! Our application arrived April 15, 2020, but we haven't received our AOR yet.

I have a few questions for folks who have applied:

Has anyone had their application returned? The two things that I'm worried about are the photos we submitted and the self-addressed envelops. We didn't prepay for shipping on the self-addressed envelops, and after we submitted we realized that the photos are the wrong dimensions even though we gave the photographer the printed requirements page. I think they're just used to doing the standard passport photos in the US, which is what we submitted. Wondering if others realized the may have messed up minor portions of their application and how those mistakes went over...

Also, how did you fill out your 6A response? That's the one describing current financial resources. All of our finances are from our business, so we explained that and outlined what we filed for taxes in the previous four years. Wondering how other folks approached this and how long of a response they gave.

Okay, last one, has anyone successfully applied without a lawyer or representative?
Hi, if I remember correctly, you only need to send two self-addressed labels - one in English/French, and one in your country's official language. No envelopes or prepayments were requested. Please correct me guys, if I'm wrong?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Just read from IRCC's twitter, posted one hour ago:

Due to #COVID19 service disruptions, we are unable to provide accurate processing timelines. Please note that we cannot offer a response to any questions on the turnaround for processing of applications at this time. Learn more: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online and permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice. We are processing paper-based permanent residence applications to the extent possible. We will contact you once there is an update regarding your application. Please note it is not possible to re-submit a paper based PR application online.

Not sure if they are referring to paper-based applications received recently or ALL types of paper-based applications......

mickeymi

Mar 4, 2020
Hiya! Newbie here.

Planning on sending in my application end of this year.

I am a bit curious. Those sending in applications now - have you visited Canada before? Or are you applying without ever having visited the country?
I may be doing this without a visit because of the Pandemic. The only other time i will be able to go to Canada is June/July next year and I don't really want to wait that long.

How important do you think exploration trips to Canada are for this Self Employed Stream Application?
I doubt visiting or obtaining a tourist visa is a must. Have a solid business plan that tights directly to the local market is probably more reasonable.

fasoola7321

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Question Folks, Do you attach a business plan along with everything else before submitting your Self Employed Application? Or provide it, if asked. I do not see anywhere it asks wanted a business plan in the application. Thoughts? Thanks.

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
It is optional. On the one hand delivering a business plan along with your application would support and strengethen your application but On the other hand many applicants received their PR without even submitting a BP. It is all about the officer's decision...

HFilm

May 29, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,
I was wondering how much is too much supporting documents?
Our supporting documents are really adding up. A month ago it was 500 papers...I didn't count how many more papers we added since then, but from the looks of it it will be more than 1,000 papers (even more if we print out invoices from my husband's customers).
On one hand I'm thinking maybe it's best to send everything...it will make our case stronger.
On the other hand, I'm afraid the number of documents will overwhelm the officers.
Any thoughts? Thanks :)