+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Actually I was also thinking along the line of putting in the awarding body's statement of equivalency. I suppose that's the best I can do. Going in with a lot of doubts, but had some bad experiences with consultants. They were so positive and optimistic to get started with the application, obviously with the initial payment, without really going through all the inadequacies in my documents.
It's their business as well as specialty isn't it?

Beelin

Aug 13, 2019
List all your bank accounts. If there's zero dollars in one of the accounts, put zero dollars in the total column.
Please, I’m co asking a similar question: I only have one account I use ,but I move out my money to fixed deposit every month end. So if I’m to write my account balance, will I include the money in my fixed deposit as well?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Please, I’m co asking a similar question: I only have one account I use ,but I move out my money to fixed deposit every month end. So if I’m to write my account balance, will I include the money in my fixed deposit as well?
There’s another section next to account balance for listing fixed deposit but that will not be counted as liquidity

Beelin

Aug 13, 2019
There’s another section next to account balance for listing fixed deposit but that will not be counted as liquidity
Please are you sure? Fixed deposit is actually liquid because I can walk up to my bank and have it liquidate in less than 2minutes since it’s already mature.

If I have $100 in my savings but $15,000 in my fixed deposit, what is the implication please?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Please are you sure? Fixed deposit is actually liquid because I can walk up to my bank and have it liquidate in less than 2minutes since it’s already mature.

If I have $100 in my savings but $15,000 in my fixed deposit, what is the implication please?
State the maturity date

Question 11A

Bank deposits

• Current and Savings Accounts
    • foreign exchange rate
    • the annual sales
    • the net income (after tax)
  • Fixed (term) deposits
    • date of initial deposit,
    • maturity date, and
    • current balance in foreign currency (specify currency) and in Canadian dollars.

Beelin

Aug 13, 2019
Oh
State the maturity date

Question 11A

Bank deposits

• Current and Savings Accounts
    • foreign exchange rate
    • the annual sales
    • the net income (after tax)
  • Fixed (term) deposits
    • date of initial deposit,
    • maturity date, and
    • current balance in foreign currency (specify currency) and in Canadian dollars.
oh okay. Thanks a lot

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
please, what is the difference between current book value and current market value?. Both are required in that buisness assets colum.

Flyawaymaple

Nov 27, 2019
If you do get a visa via the self-employed route, do you have to continue being self-employed as soon as you land in canada or can you look for a salaried job?

Also can you concurrently have an express entry application and a self-employed application?

Loveugod

Aug 17, 2019
Hi,

Under self employed persons category, how long does it take to get Passport Request after passing the medical exam?
Can you share your timeline please.
I applied in November 2018 got the aor in February 2019 and now waiting for medicals.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
If you do get a visa via the self-employed route, do you have to continue being self-employed as soon as you land in canada or can you look for a salaried job?

Also can you concurrently have an express entry application and a self-employed application?
I do both. It started as a contract but they liked me so much, they invited me to stay permanently and I took it up. Still run my business on the side.

Reactions: Vicksy

marimoraesmm

Jun 11, 2019
Anyone Here has applied inside Canadá and have had any updates on their application?
I’ve seen the processing time has been reduced, my processing bar is in 12 months left now but I haven’t heard from them since I got my AOR in april.
Hello all, I hope you are doing excellent in your journey to become PR holders :)

I have been following this threat since long time ago, though I haven't had any account here in order to post till now (this is my very first message).

Question, is anyone who has applied from INSIDE CANADA here? I Applied back in Feb 8, 2018, AOR May 8 same year, and so far no more news. So I just wanted to check and see if any of you are in the same situation? I have heard that for some reason, this kind of applications under the self employed take faster to process if the application is actually made outside Canada, not sure if that's true, but seeing many of your posts I can see that definitely your applications are taking much lesser time than mine :)

Checking online, it says that my application is estimated to be completed by November 8 this year, which already past as the processing times changed to 21 months a couple of weeks ago.

Anyways, I'll try to contact cic to see if I can get an update, but just wanted to see if any of you are in the same situation, again, have applied inside Canada and what your timelines are so far.

Thanks so much in advance,

Wish you all the best!!
I have applied inside Canada in March 2019 aor received April 2019 but haven’t heard from them since, my estimated date of completion is dec 2020 and now I see your post and I’m worried, did you end up calling them? Any updates?

Firat

Jun 30, 2018
Anyone Here has applied inside Canadá and have had any updates on their application?
I’ve seen the processing time has been reduced, my processing bar is in 12 months left now but I haven’t heard from them since I got my AOR in april.

I have applied inside Canada in March 2019 aor received April 2019 but haven’t heard from them since, my estimated date of completion is dec 2020 and now I see your post and I’m worried, did you end up calling them? Any updates?
17 weeks left to completion of the progress bar and I have not heard anything after AOR. I tried to call cic, but they don't answer if you are out of Canada. I asked for GCMS notes which should be delivered in a month by law, that ended up being delayed 3 months because lots of people asked for the same notes.... I mailed warsaw canadian embassy which holds my applications, where I got no answer. Hell I even go head and went to the medical center to check if there is any input under my name by CIC. No record.
So... Basically. I am still waiting.

GG88

Nov 18, 2019

Hi there! I emailed them and about 5 days later I got this reply ”We verified the information you provided regarding the delay on your application and have forwarded it to the responsible office.
They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.“

it was last week and now I’m just waiting to see if the “responsible office” contacts me back to see if there is any update they could give me.

I also ended up going to a lawyer who told me that CIC basically doesn’t care much about self employed applications and are last on their priority list, also that they only post “estimated processing times” but that is not something they stick on, which I kind of feel like he just wanted me to go and apply again through another program which he was offering his services for. But at the same time, my application was supposed to finish back in Nov 8th and it’s taking longer, so I don’t really know what to believe now.

Right now I’m just waiting and thinking what I should do, as my work permit expires on May next year and I can’t really afford to keep waiting and waiting to see “what would happen and when”.

Sorry I got you worried with my last post, butremember, all cases are different and surely yours will go smoother than mine. God bless you! :)