+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
@leavingonajetplane2016 Hey i want to know which were your Visa Office From UAE ? London or AD ?

and i hope they wont call each and every application for interview.
My visa office was London but visa and COPR were issued in AD. I didn't go to any interviews or the embassy. Passport was sent to them and returned via VFS. HTH.

Reactions: JaunRaza

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hello guys,
Horrible day for me and I m very disappointed. Faced interview today. I smell that she(Visa Officer) was not in a mood to give single chance to me, and she was asking me just for formality. Like Its just pre decided to reject my application. Even she didnt answer my good afternoon greetings. Very rude behaviour. Not allowed my spouse and kid with me in interview cabin, even though its mentioned in email to be present with family. Before me there were around 8 applicant who got refusal. I just inquired from few of them, and all of them have different reason for refusal, but none of have strong reason for refusal. I was shocked by hearing that one applicant have taken help of consultant to make document so they refused their visa application. In my turn, she asked lots of question and first 20mins went very well from my side.
Few questions are
1. What is ur business?
2. Education
3. Spouse education, occupation, service
4. No. Of children and their age?
5. Doing Business since and from where?
6. Any business partner ? no. of employees ?
7. Past business experience and their proof, like painting exhibition and cultural events.
8. Business promotion strategy
9. Why u want to goto Canada?
10. Future plan in canada
11. How will u survive against business competitor ? Any strategy?
12. Business plan ?(long discussion held)
13. How will ur work help Canadian economy?
14. Any international exhibition, certificate ?( which I dont have)
15. Who helped u to make ur application documents?
And many more other questions...but she didnt want to listen my answer. Between my explanation she fired another questions without taking any interest.
As per email its document review interview we have all the documents ready, whatever they asked in email but she didnt see any documents and even my original art work. At the end of interview, she told me that u dont have impressive business plan, and also no any experience in world class level participation certificate so I refuse ur application, we will email u our decision within 15 days. Without listening my reply she gave me good bye message, turn off light of cabin and went away. Thats it.

What to do now? Please suggest.
This might be helpful, there is still much hope https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/364869/index.do?q=Self+employed+

Oct 1, 2019
hello everyone,

I would like to hear people experience on what it was life finding that idea when you were working full time, to finally being able to pay yourself. Please be real, what type of personal issues did you have, how fun was it? was it worth it? How did the family react when they found out what you wanted to do?

Beelin

Aug 13, 2019
Hello everyone

I’ve been thinking about something for a while now and the link Sunnyblue100 shared just confirmed my fear. There is a part on the rejected case Sunnyblue shared where they wrote about how competitive graphics designers are now in Canada and the fact that they are now many (‘one’ of the reasons the officer denied Wang)

So my question is this: does scarcity Vs popularity of one’s Noc matters in this stream. Take for example, majority of us here are either graphics designer,fashion designers ,authors, and photographers (these popular skills with lots of people into it already in Canada)

Let’s take a look at this from this Angle,ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, if Wang from that link shared were to be a Potter, or a weave maker, or a metalsmith or a canoe builder (I mean one of those rare NOC which I’m sure they hardly get 10 applicants in 3years who are into such UNIQUE skills ) would they have rejected Wang based on the flimsy excuses given on his case ?

JUST A RANDOM THOUGHTS. Please let’s discuss. Does Scarcity vs popularity in one’s NOC a criteria they deny because of flimsy excuses on this FSE stream?

Reactions: Huda Sam

Ivy68

Nov 7, 2019
Hello everyone

I’ve been thinking about something for a while now and the link Sunnyblue100 shared just confirmed my fear. There is a part on the rejected case Sunnyblue shared where they wrote about how competitive graphics designers are now in Canada and the fact that they are now many (‘one’ of the reasons the officer denied Wang)

So my question is this: does scarcity Vs popularity of one’s Noc matters in this stream. Take for example, majority of us here are either graphics designer,fashion designers ,authors, and photographers (these popular skills with lots of people into it already in Canada)

Let’s take a look at this from this Angle,ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, if Wang from that link shared were to be a Potter, or a weave maker, or a metalsmith or a canoe builder (I mean one of those rare NOC which I’m sure they hardly get 10 applicants in 3years who are into such UNIQUE skills ) would they have rejected Wang based on the flimsy excuses given on his case ?

JUST A RANDOM THOUGHTS. Please let’s discuss. Does Scarcity vs popularity in one’s NOC a criteria they deny because of flimsy excuses on this FSE stream?
If it truly mattered the appeal wouldn't have been successfull?

Logically your NOC shouldn't matter too much. It does not matter how much competition you have. It matters how succesful you are at what you do. If you're better than your competitors that's what counts.
There may only be one Pottery Artisan applying but if his/her work is crap then..well haha. You get what I mean.

That all being said who knows how many immigration officers use this excuse to deny applications. How qualified are these officers at assesing your talent and how knowledgeable are they about your field/ industry/competitors. This whole process feels like such a leap of faith with an element of luck.

Reactions: Beelin

Maya_Maya

Jul 9, 2018
Can you see the progress bar in your account? Mine seems to have disappeared over the last 2-3 days.
Yeah mine disappeared today. When I checked in the morning it was there and by noon it disappeared. Processing times has been reduced to 21 months so I guess they are trying to make adjustments on our processing bars to effect the new estimated time.

Reactions: Palamon

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah mine disappeared today. When I checked in the morning it was there and by noon it disappeared. Processing times has been reduced to 21 months so I guess they are trying to make adjustments on our processing bars to effect the new estimated time.
You're right. It's back now, with one month reduced from the time remaining.

Sabisingh1016

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
Don't be discouraged.

I applied under same NOC - 5243

Application received - June 27, 2018
AOR - August 14, 2018
Upfront medicals - Sept 25, 2018 (expiring Sept.27, 2019...few weeks away)
Still waiting...14 months since application
Visa ofice - Accra
status on Ecas changed to "in-process" about 3 weeks ago
Hoping for a miracle, worst case scenario - redo medicals
Hi. Have u applied under fsw program. N kindly let me know how much time does it take for a self employed person applied under ee program as federal skilled worker as i m also waiting since nov 2018. N is there any partiality being done with a person who is self employed other than who is employed by someone

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Is this forum for federal skilled worker applied as self employed or for some other category
No it's not. This is people who applied under the Self-employed program though there are one or two people who also applied under FSW at the same time. You can go through the thread to find out who they are. Thanks.

Silvyism

Nov 13, 2019
Hello everyone,
Im happy to have come across this forum. Im an artist, a freelance professional emcee or anchor working in this field last 15years now. My crs is pretty low as per the steep rise in the crs draw these days. I had almost given up hope to immigrate to Canada. I did take advice from consultancy firms n they discouraged me about this category saying, the success rate is almost zero n I need to invest to apply in this category. Didnt leave hope n here I'm.. I have read majority of yje posts, queries n replies here which seem to have answered most of my qs.
I still am in a lookout for a self employed WhatsApp grp for easy access if there is any.
Looking forward to ur help.
Regards

Tasv

Nov 13, 2019
Hello all, I just joined this group and am glad it exists. I read through most of the posts, I'm in the process of filling my form and there are a couple of queries I have which are very specific, @leavingonajetplane2016 I hope you can help.
- In the form about Schedule 6A - the point about mentioning your NOC. I am an Arts Consultant and my role varies between being a curator for a literature festival and a producer for theatre productions and festivals. In terms of the appropriate NOC, I have 5131, 5112 & 5243 which would be applicable to my roles so far. Do I mention all three or just one?
- In the form about Background/ Declaration. The space where it asks you for your history of the last 10years, it the space given falls short, what do I do?

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Reactions: Huda Sam