+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Tasv

Nov 13, 2019
Hello,

I am from India and applying for Self Employed program end of this month i.e sept 2019.. can any one tell me do we have to send medical report and pcc along with the documents .. and also i have to pay biometric fees along with fees...

Regards
Prakash Patel
Hi Prakash,

Are you able to get a PCC without a request from the Canadian immigration authorities? I too am from India, an am in the process of filling out my forms currently, I've registered my details on the PCC website but there am confused about this since they ask for a document from immigration to apply for PCC.
Please advice.

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi Prakash,

Are you able to get a PCC without a request from the Canadian immigration authorities? I too am from India, an am in the process of filling out my forms currently, I've registered my details on the PCC website but there am confused about this since they ask for a document from immigration to apply for PCC.
Please advice.
Have you tried applying for a PCC on the Passport India website? I did, and wasn't asked for any document from Canadian immigration.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
hello everyone,

I would like to hear people experience on what it was life finding that idea when you were working full time, to finally being able to pay yourself. Please be real, what type of personal issues did you have, how fun was it? was it worth it? How did the family react when they found out what you wanted to do?
To be honest this isn't really the forum for this kind of question. It's for people in process of applying for the self employed visa, not for discussing the pleasures and pitfalls of going freelance. There are plenty of online forums for that kind of discussion out there...

Reactions: jimshady

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Hello all, I just joined this group and am glad it exists. I read through most of the posts, I'm in the process of filling my form and there are a couple of queries I have which are very specific, @leavingonajetplane2016 I hope you can help.
- In the form about Schedule 6A - the point about mentioning your NOC. I am an Arts Consultant and my role varies between being a curator for a literature festival and a producer for theatre productions and festivals. In terms of the appropriate NOC, I have 5131, 5112 & 5243 which would be applicable to my roles so far. Do I mention all three or just one?
- In the form about Background/ Declaration. The space where it asks you for your history of the last 10years, it the space given falls short, what do I do?

Any help here would be much appreciated.
if your roles straddle a few different NOCs then pick the one that covers the essentials (and the majority) of what you do.

If there's not enough space on the form for your 10 year personal history, carry on on a separate sheet of paper and make sure that it's marked up with the Question Number and included with the relevant form when you submit the package. Form X, question Y Continued (for example...)

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Dear All,
I am applying for self employed under musician (5133) stream. Would be able to send the IELTS test at the update step? I mean Is it possible to submit first, and then send the IELTS in update level?

Thank you in advance.
Simon
Hi. I'm a music teacher. I'm thinking of applying as self employed too. How is your application going? Did you send an ECA too?

Tasv

Nov 13, 2019
if your roles straddle a few different NOCs then pick the one that covers the essentials (and the majority) of what you do.

If there's not enough space on the form for your 10 year personal history, carry on on a separate sheet of paper and make sure that it's marked up with the Question Number and included with the relevant form when you submit the package. Form X, question Y Continued (for example...)
@theguv Noted on the NCO bit.
The clarification on the space bit is also very useful and the advice is much appreciated.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
@theguv Noted on the NCO bit.
The clarification on the space bit is also very useful and the advice is much appreciated.
No worries. I was in the same boat with my work history, travel and addresses history! Had to get in touch with some old flatmates to get some addresses too, that was fun...

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Re #1175

Hi @Lchinjohn,
As stated in IMM4500, your application without valid IELTS results will be returned.

Re Schedule 6A Question 4:
"Unless you have taken an approved test or tests to assess your proficiency in English or French, you should not submit an application.
For this reason, your answer to this question should be “yes”. If you answer “no”, and you do not submit the results of the assessment of your official language proficiency, your application will be returned to you as incomplete."

Huda Sam

Mar 20, 2019
Hello everyone

I’ve been thinking about something for a while now and the link Sunnyblue100 shared just confirmed my fear. There is a part on the rejected case Sunnyblue shared where they wrote about how competitive graphics designers are now in Canada and the fact that they are now many (‘one’ of the reasons the officer denied Wang)

So my question is this: does scarcity Vs popularity of one’s Noc matters in this stream. Take for example, majority of us here are either graphics designer,fashion designers ,authors, and photographers (these popular skills with lots of people into it already in Canada)

Let’s take a look at this from this Angle,ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, if Wang from that link shared were to be a Potter, or a weave maker, or a metalsmith or a canoe builder (I mean one of those rare NOC which I’m sure they hardly get 10 applicants in 3years who are into such UNIQUE skills ) would they have rejected Wang based on the flimsy excuses given on his case ?

JUST A RANDOM THOUGHTS. Please let’s discuss. Does Scarcity vs popularity in one’s NOC a criteria they deny because of flimsy excuses on this FSE stream?
Hello all, I just joined this group and am glad it exists. I read through most of the posts, I'm in the process of filling my form and there are a couple of queries I have which are very specific, @leavingonajetplane2016 I hope you can help.
- In the form about Schedule 6A - the point about mentioning your NOC. I am an Arts Consultant and my role varies between being a curator for a literature festival and a producer for theatre productions and festivals. In terms of the appropriate NOC, I have 5131, 5112 & 5243 which would be applicable to my roles so far. Do I mention all three or just one?
- In the form about Background/ Declaration. The space where it asks you for your history of the last 10years, it the space given falls short, what do I do?

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Huda Sam

Mar 20, 2019
Hello everyone

I’ve been thinking about something for a while now and the link Sunnyblue100 shared just confirmed my fear. There is a part on the rejected case Sunnyblue shared where they wrote about how competitive graphics designers are now in Canada and the fact that they are now many (‘one’ of the reasons the officer denied Wang)

So my question is this: does scarcity Vs popularity of one’s Noc matters in this stream. Take for example, majority of us here are either graphics designer,fashion designers ,authors, and photographers (these popular skills with lots of people into it already in Canada)

Let’s take a look at this from this Angle,ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, if Wang from that link shared were to be a Potter, or a weave maker, or a metalsmith or a canoe builder (I mean one of those rare NOC which I’m sure they hardly get 10 applicants in 3years who are into such UNIQUE skills ) would they have rejected Wang based on the flimsy excuses given on his case ?

JUST A RANDOM THOUGHTS. Please let’s discuss. Does Scarcity vs popularity in one’s NOC a criteria they deny because of flimsy excuses on this FSE stream?
Hello,
Yes it matters so much, when apply under unique category your chance will be higher, because competition would be less, it's reasonable since some categories are target by so many people, which makes it so competitive, so try to find sub categories where you know less people apply for, your chance will be better, this is what my lawyer told me.

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
I am a bit confused. Should the form be printed out and be filled by hand or should it be filled using the computer as mine doesn't not permit me to fill in the computer? And i came across somewhere on the cic webite that it should be validated. And I know validation can only be done if it's filled in the computer. Pls help

Last edited: