+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

j708angel

Sep 11, 2019
Hi everyone! Greetings from Hong Kong.

Newbie here, we are currently gathering our documents, filling in the forms, preparing for taking IELTS, and planning to submit our application by the end of 2019.

Many thanks for creating this thread leavingonajetplane2016 and everyone for your essential input! I have gone through all the #1018 posts here and found the thread really useful for our preparation and expectation setting.

I would like to ask a simple question - did you have every single academic certificate/ transcript copies certified? I got a bit confused here as according to the manual my impression is that only translated copies of documents are supposed to be certified. Is that correct?

Your experience sharing and advice is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Hey dude, it's better to get those documents certified. I'm not sure if I am right, but the few people I know who submitted their application in HongKong all did this.
I'm gathering documents
Yes, you are right. Only translated copies need to be certified. If it's in English, you can just submit the copies of it.
oh... I just gave comerunning19 wrong answer....

j708angel

Sep 11, 2019
That's what I did for my application. Just sent copies of my academic. Recently just submitted my PCC and waiting for them to request for medical. So I guess it's acceptable :)
Yeah, It should be acceptable. But I got mine certified because the language is not English.
May I know is it mandatory for the reference letter? I design leather stuff and sell on my website for years. The only thing I can get is feedback.:confused:

Grey_Hatz

Nov 21, 2018
Hi @Grey_Hatz may I ask what has your timeline been like?
- 29 Nov 2018: Submit application
- 20 Feb 2019: AOR
- 13 Mar 2019: AOR LVO
- 28 May 2019: Request for Police cert
- 10 Jul 2019: Submit Police cert
No request for medical yet. A bit anxious as some of the members here getting the medical request almost immediately after the PCC. What about yours @Palamon ?

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
- 29 Nov 2018: Submit application
- 20 Feb 2019: AOR
- 13 Mar 2019: AOR LVO
- 28 May 2019: Request for Police cert
- 10 Jul 2019: Submit Police cert
No request for medical yet. A bit anxious as some of the members here getting the medical request almost immediately after the PCC. What about yours @Palamon ?
Here's mine:

Application received at NS: April 23, 2019

AOR and Request for Biometrics: May 23, 2019

Biometrics Done: May 29, 2019

Nothing after this. I don't even know if I will or won't receive a second AOR from an LVO (I'm applying from India, and another applicant from here tells me that s/he did not receive a second AOR). The wait can be a bit frustrating at times, but I knew what I was getting into, so I'm hoping for the best. When I was researching this thread, preparing my documents and sending my application, a number of members of this forum had received good news - some of them in as less as 3-6 months. That impetus really helped. Which is also why this radio silence is coming in as a bit of a shock. Because it's been several months now that anybody has had their applications approved. Which is a bit strange, I find. But let's keep our hopes and spirits high and our fingers crossed. I, for one, find strength in the fact that I am not alone, there are other like me, and we are all waiting. I really hope we all get to hear good news soon.

Cheers!

Reactions: Grey_Hatz

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
Hello, if you can prove that you've ran the business longer than when you registered it you should be fine. I do not believe that business registration is a criterion but it definitely helps. Yes your husband's bank account can be part of your proof of funds but he must write and sign a letter stating that funds are accessible to you.

Thanks

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
Here's mine:

Application received at NS: April 23, 2019

AOR and Request for Biometrics: May 23, 2019

Biometrics Done: May 29, 2019

Nothing after this. I don't even know if I will or won't receive a second AOR from an LVO (I'm applying from India, and another applicant from here tells me that s/he did not receive a second AOR). The wait can be a bit frustrating at times, but I knew what I was getting into, so I'm hoping for the best. When I was researching this thread, preparing my documents and sending my application, a number of members of this forum had received good news - some of them in as less as 3-6 months. That impetus really helped. Which is also why this radio silence is coming in as a bit of a shock. Because it's been several months now that anybody has had their applications approved. Which is a bit strange, I find. But let's keep our hopes and spirits high and our fingers crossed. I, for one, find strength in the fact that I am not alone, there are other like me, and we are all waiting. I really hope we all get to hear good news soon.

Cheers!
Well My document delivered on 12 August.

AOR 17 August.

Biometric Fees payment request 19 August

Biometric fees paid on 20 August.

Biometric request 3 sep

Biometric given 8 sep

waiting...

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi, I'm a newbie here and I've read most of your replies. They're very helpful! Thank you so so so much for that. I have 2 questions.
1 Is the reference letter required for this application?
I am a leather product designer or craftsman, I design, make and sell them on my website for at least 5 years. I don't know any organizations, companies to write such a letter for me. Will that be a big problem?
2 Without the language test, my score should be 70. If it's oaky not taking the language test? English is not my native.

Hello reference letter is not mandatory especially for people who do not deal with companies. Include links to your website, evidence of transactions and tax cards if you have ....

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi again everyone!

I would appreciate some enlightenment regarding IMM 5562 (Your travels) and IMM 5669 Q8 (Personal history) :rolleyes:

1)
I understand that ALL trips are supposed to be listed on 5562.
But are they supposed to appear on 5669 Q8 as well?

Scenario: I was sent abroad by my company for participating in a conference for 5 days.
- this would appear on 5562, I am sure.
- but shall I include that on 5669 Q8 as well?

Then, how about a 1 or 2-months secondment? o_O

By logic, I tend to mention only 1 activity at a time and skipping the overlapping events (be it long term or short term), but I am not sure if that is correct. This makes me uneasy :eek:

2)
For "Status in country or territory" in 5669 Q8, I'm supposed to input "Citizen/ Permanent Resident/ Work Visa/ Tourist Visa" etc., is that right?

Many thanks!

Blissful777

May 3, 2019
Hi to everyone,

Got the response from Local Visa Office - Delhi after 7months from AOR, they scheduled interview in next month.

Can anyone tell me what kind of Questions they will ask?

Is there anyone who undergone such type of interview? Pls share ur experience.