+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Loveugod

Aug 17, 2019
No, I haven't. I applied in April, received an AOR within a month, along with a request for biometrics. I completed my biometrics on May 23 of this year. No update since then. What I would like to know is if I were to go to Canada now on a visitor visa, and if I update CIC regarding this (along with a Canadian address), will there be any problems? For instance, if they ask for medicals while I am in Canada, do I need to come back to my home country to do the medicals? Or can I do it in Canada itself? Anyone?
Thanks, as far as my understanding says there will not be any problem. IRCC panel physicians are available all over the world and IRCC just need a medical test report from their designated panel physicians irrespective of any country or province. But yes, it'll be a good idea to inform IRCC in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palamon

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Hi, could you please restrict posts here to what is actually relevant to our application stream - Federal Self-Employed? It makes it easier for newer members to navigate the thread and understand information shared. The unrelated posts are clogging the space
Yes please...I agree

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
i still have my business here which one is the best ? i say i will sell my business in my country when i get to canada or say i will keep it or not to mention anything at all about selling or keeping?

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
theres a question in the form called schedule 6a about how much settlements available for canada?do i have to write only the money in my account or the whole net worth.?

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
theres a question in the form called schedule 6a about how much settlements available for canada?do i have to write only the money in my account or the whole net worth.?
detail everything that you have in each section, then add it all up, deduct any money you owe to banks/lenders etc and then put your net worth.

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
detail everything that you have in each section, then add it all up, deduct any money you owe to banks/lenders etc and then put your net worth.
thanks but im asking about he quesqtion concerning the funds available for settlement in canada is it the same as your net worth or it means the money in the bank?

Reactions: Jzy and theguv

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
thanks but im asking about he quesqtion concerning the funds available for settlement in canada is it the same as your net worth or it means the money in the bank?
I'd assume it's the same. It seems to be logically what they're after, unless they want to have details of how much in total and how much is actually liquid enough to spend rather than tied up in property or locked down savings... if they're the same number then great!

Reactions: gym

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
To my own understanding, the networth is the total amount you have, after your debt has been removed, the amount of money you will bring to Canada simply means the particular amount you will be bringing to Canada to start life, it is not compulsory you should bring all the money, but the money should be equal or higher than fund set out by ircc, and again the money must be readily available in your account or fixed deposit, for example if you own a car, the value of the car is part of your networth but that doesn't mean you should bring it or sell it when coming to Canada, as long as you have enough funds no problem.

Reactions: Nornor

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
To my own understanding, the networth is the total amount you have, after your debt has been removed, the amount of money you will bring to Canada simply means the particular amount you will be bringing to Canada to start life, it is not compulsory you should bring all the money, but the money should be equal or higher than fund set out by ircc, and again the money must be readily available in your account or fixed deposit, for example if you own a car, the value of the car is part of your networth but that doesn't mean you should bring it or sell it when coming to Canada, as long as you have enough funds no problem.
this is what i thought but we wait for some one who already applied and got accepted for his or her final answer

Reactions: itsmeParis

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I'd assume it's the same. It seems to be logically what they're after, unless they want to have details of how much in total and how much is actually liquid enough to spend rather than tied up in property or locked down savings... if they're the same number then great!
need someone to confirm

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
There are some questions bothering my mind, are freelancer graphics designer, who have acquired reference letters from clients included in this stream and number two can I put down my networth before I pay for the fee, or I must pay the processing fee first before putting down my total networth thanks.

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
I have successfully read to the 67th page of this thread and its awesome.

Please I would like to ask. I am a self employed fashion designer and I have been sewing and training for more than 6years. I only registered my buisness name last year and recently opened an account with the buisness name. The bulk of the transactions are still done in my personal account as most of my customers already have it. Though i have a face book and instagram acounts running in my buisness for a very long time. Now the questions are..
1. Will my one year old buisness incorporation pose a problem to the more than 6years experience which i can even get my customers to attest to?
2.. Will I need to include my husband's bank statement as buisness doesn't not support the family 100%?
Thanks

praxs4u

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Mumbai, India
Hello,

I am from India and applying for Self Employed program end of this month i.e sept 2019.. can any one tell me do we have to send medical report and pcc along with the documents .. and also i have to pay biometric fees along with fees...

Regards
Prakash Patel