Self-Employed Application 2018

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Is this the correct page for it on paying the fees?
Link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp

I just wanted to be sure that we are on the correct page or are there any other ways to pay the said fees? Are we on the right track?

—Paris
Enter your details here to get payment instructions - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp. You can pay one or both fees at once and also pay the biometric fee at the same time.

pintuthakkar

Apr 22, 2015
- MOTIVATION -

We all are trying, some of you already have started the preparation, some of are still thinking, some of are confuse and some of is maybe on the way to the airport with visa. Let's motivate each other, let's show each other that you have done it, or doing it or you can do it. Think positive, think possibilities.
I request you to each member to write down their timeline with their profession. So everyone can compare the approx time period for themselves.
You can write something like this: 1) Profession 2) Started date or month 3) AOR 4) Biomatrix 5) Medical 6) Final (if applicable)
This will help all of us in one thread to learn, understand, explore their own case.

Please support. Thanks. Please write in the same thread.

Reactions: Amos TT

ammar2019

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
- MOTIVATION -

We all are trying, some of you already have started the preparation, some of are still thinking, some of are confuse and some of is maybe on the way to the airport with visa. Let's motivate each other, let's show each other that you have done it, or doing it or you can do it. Think positive, think possibilities.
I request you to each member to write down their timeline with their profession. So everyone can compare the approx time period for themselves.
You can write something like this: 1) Profession 2) Started date or month 3) AOR 4) Biomatrix 5) Medical 6) Final (if applicable)
This will help all of us in one thread to learn, understand, explore their own case.

Sure! We are here to support and help each other.

All the best for you.

Ammar

I am applying under 5125 – Translators, terminologists and interpreters

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=5125

IMPORTANT. Check out this link:

5 Occupations in art, culture, recreation and sport

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/Occupations.aspx?val=5&ver=16

Timeline

07 July 2019: I paid for the processing fee (CAD 1050) and right of permanent residence fee (CAD 490).

08 July 2019: I sent the application by registered mail.

Date of delivery: Unknown. Postnord’s tracking system was down.

26 July 2019: Application received by IRCC.

07 August 2019: Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Application Number were provided (by e-mail). I received also a letter from IRCC asking me to pay for biometrics.

07 August 2019: I paid for biometrics (CAD 85).

Last edited:

ammar2019

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019

Amos TT

Jun 29, 2019
- MOTIVATION -

We all are trying, some of you already have started the preparation, some of are still thinking, some of are confuse and s
ome of is maybe on the way to the airport with visa. Let's motivate each other, let's show each other that you have done it, or doing it or you can do it. Think positive, think possibilities.

Amos TT

Jun 29, 2019
I am applying under NOC 5243.theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers.

Submitted in Oct 2018
Additional documents requested for in January 2019
AOR came in February 2019.
Biometrics was done in February 2019.
Nothing yet from them..

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
I am applying under NOC 5243.theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers.

Submitted in Oct 2018
Nothing yet from them..
Which additional documents do they request from you, thanks for posting

ammar2019

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019

Submitted in Oct 2018
Nothing yet from them..

Thanks for this and wish you good luck – I am sure you will hear from them soon.

Amos TT

Jun 29, 2019
Which additional documents do they request from you, thanks for posting
Hmmm... They requested for a clearer copy of my data page, they wanted us to clarify names of our daughters... Cos they look alike so they though it was just one person, and they needed a copy of my birth certificate, another passport photograph of my daughter.

Reactions: ammar2019

Amos TT

Jun 29, 2019
Amen
Thanks for this and wish you good luck – I am sure you will hear from them soon.
Amen!!! Thank you... The waiting is pretty Frustrating. I wonder how long we are expected to wait for, after biometrics tho. Cos We have being waiting for 5 months... Feels like forever!

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Those of you who have already received their PR and have started living in Canada, please enlighten the rest of us. There seems to be a lot of talk around this notion of 'Canadian Experience'. I don't know how much of this is fact, and how much of it is a myth, but apparently, the work experience that we immigrants have acquired in our home countries is not taken into account (or, to put it a bit more crudely, given much value) while giving us jobs or gigs or projects in Canada. The rationale offered is that we would not know how to hit the ground running because we do not have the experience of the Canadian work culture. In fact, we are advised not to be afraid or unwilling to 'start afresh'. How much of this is true? Is it really true that your years of work experience is not given much value in Canada? Those who have landed, please share your experience around finding work in Canada, because I think this is an important issue and a question that pertains to all of us.

ammar2019

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
“If you’re thinking of going the self-employed route, you’re not alone. Statistics Canada figures about 2.5 million Canadians, or 15% of us, are “self-employed,” a category comprising business owners, freelancers and many contract workers.”

https://www.monster.ca/career-advice/article/self-employment-salary-questions-canada

Self-employed? Here’s how you can retire comfortably

https://www.sunlife.ca/ca/Tools+and+Resources/Money+and+Finances/Saving+for+retirement/Self-employed+Heres+how+you+can+retire+comfortably?vgnLocale=en_CA

Last edited:
Reactions: Loveugod

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Amen

Amen!!! Thank you... The waiting is pretty Frustrating. I wonder how long we are expected to wait for, after biometrics tho. Cos We have being waiting for 5 months... Feels like forever!

Don't be discouraged.

I applied under same NOC - 5243

Application received - June 27, 2018
AOR - August 14, 2018
Upfront medicals - Sept 25, 2018 (expiring Sept.27, 2019...few weeks away)
Still waiting...14 months since application
Visa ofice - Accra
status on Ecas changed to "in-process" about 3 weeks ago
Hoping for a miracle, worst case scenario - redo medicals