Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
@jimshady Might I ask, which country are you applying from? Did you get two AORs - one from the Canada Immigration office, and the other from your country's immigration office? Or just one?
I applied from UAE. Got just one AOR. And my visa office was in London, not in UAE...

Hola4bola

Mar 7, 2019
Hi guys, Finally sent my application on July 17th. Delivered on the 24th of July. Received aor and request for biometrics 2nd of August. Hopefully they work faster from now on, to finish all pending applications.

Reactions: Nornor and Amos TT

Amos TT

Jun 29, 2019
Hi guys, Finally sent my application on July 17th. Delivered on the 24th of July. Received aor and request for biometrics 2nd of August. Hopefully they work faster from now on, to finish all pending applications.
Wow! That's super fast. Where are applying from?

Reactions: Hola4bola
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
good day and thanks for starting this thread. Pls i ll be applying under same NOC 5121. I am an author. I write educational books used in schools here in my country and abroad as well. Will appreciate if you ll guide me on how to apply...
All the information you need to apply has been posted in this thread several times. You can also find composite steps HERE and HERE. HTH.

Reactions: Silvyism and Nornor

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
I respectfully disagree. This is mostly due to the fact that I managed to immigrate using this stream despite not ever having been self employed. The reasons why I applied despite never being self employed are several. If you actually read the qualification requirements here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/eligibility.html you will note they qualify eligibility as having "taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level". No mention of needing self employed experience (that's for the second group that qualify). They go on and clarify that the experience should be "2 one-year periods participating at a world-class level in cultural activities". Note that it says participating and not self-employed. @Nornor already broke down what they mean by "world class" earlier. It's upon the applicant to prove they meet that criteria

Also if you look at the operation manual that guides processing of self employed cases here, they break it down further saying

That's in section 11.2. So essentially if you can make the case that your employed experience is relevant and you have the intention to be self employed in Canada then you meet the qualification criteria. Having self employed experience is NOT NEEDED but is just one of the several ways you can qualify for this stream. Hope that helps
hi BaNana82,I am new here, I find you are very professional about the programme. you said that you have never been self employed but successfully got PR through this stream. do you mind tell me what kind of documents you submitted to prove world class activities? I thought only athletes do not need self employed. and have you ever submitted a business plan? and how many points did you claim?

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
I applied from UAE. Got just one AOR. And my visa office was in London, not in UAE...
hello,i am still learning could you tell me 1. what kind of documents do you submit in order to prove your world class activity? 2. have you ever been to canada for a business trip? 3. have you submit an business plan?

BaNana82

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
hi BaNana82,I am new here, I find you are very professional about the programme. you said that you have never been self employed but successfully got PR through this stream. do you mind tell me what kind of documents you submitted to prove world class activities? I thought only athletes do not need self employed. and have you ever submitted a business plan? and how many points did you claim?
Hey Phoebe. I included samples of my work that had won regional awards. And no it's not only for athletes. Matter of fact I don't have an athletic bone in my body. I didn't submit a business plan. I don't recall points. It was a while ago

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
Hey Phoebe. I included samples of my work that had won regional awards. And no it's not only for athletes. Matter of fact I don't have an athletic bone in my body. I didn't submit a business plan. I don't recall points. It was a while ago
thank you so much for your reply. hope you have a good life in canada.
but i am more confused, I thought that if people do not have self employed experience, must have world class activity

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
We're finally finished and headed to Nova Scotia. We will make our soft landing ASAP at 3rd Bridge, St. Stephen, NB.

Here's a detailed timeline of our funky journey. The numbered items are IRCC's notations in our online account. I filled in the interim steps. Our stream was Self-Employed Farmer (no longer offered). It may or may not be instructive or useful:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your applications on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 1, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 5, 2018, about the decision on your application.
Nov 7, 2018: Attorney filed for formal case review.
Dec 7, 2018: Attorney received GMCS notes.
Dec 8, 2018: Attorney received no response from IRCC re formal review request
Jan 4, 2019: Filed application for Leave and Judicial Review.
Feb 4, 2019: Attorney filed Applicant's Record for Leave and Judicial Review.
Feb 21, 2019: Received offer from IRCC attorney to settle, set aside rejection, & reassign.
6. We sent you medical instructions on April 9, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
7. Medical results have been received.
8. We sent you correspondence on May 13, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

May 22, 2019: Attorney received email stating agent needed FBI.
May 22, 2019: Attorney submitted FBI & PP copy.
May 23, 2019: Attorney received email w/ instructions for photographs and PP copies to go to Ottawa.​

9. We sent you correspondence on May 23, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.​

May 29, 2019: Mailed prepaid courier envelope (UPS), passport copies, and form to Ottawa.
June 20, 2019: Status changed to “Decision Made” and COPR received.
congratulations, hope other lucky gugs can share their detailed timeline like this. I will be very helpful.

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
Hmmm...we are in the self-employed stream and IELTS was required for both my husband and me as were credential assessments. We used ICAS. My understanding is that all applicants must demonstrate language proficiency no matter the stream. I imagine an education credential assessment is optional and only if you want the points.
hello, do you get your COPR now? do you mind sharing your timeline?would you please tell me when you are required language proficiency?

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
All the information you need to apply has been posted in this thread several times. You can also find composite steps HERE and HERE. HTH.
hello ,congratulations to you. you said you submitted your application
Same is my case . Applied Oct 2016 . Application number received in Feb 2017 , after that I attached it on;line and till now continuously same Under Process.
hello,anything new for your application?

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
Hi,
We applied for self employed stream (graphic design) on May 29th 2017 and received application number on June 26th 2017. And since then no updates. But I can't find out which visa office is processing our application. We are from Croatia and it should be processed by Vienna. But considering we applied from inside of Canada, I'm not sure if it's processed in Canada now. The email that we received doesn't say that our application has been sent to certain visa office.
hello, have you got your COPR yet?