+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
hi, I applied under Self-employed stream about 4 month ago and still haven't get the application number...does it mean that may case is rejected or what?...I didn't include IELTS in my application package cause I do not have:)...yet my career is English Translation and this is what I've been doing since 10 yrs ago...I wonder if IELTS is a necessary document in this stream...I appreciate if some one can help me find my answers:)
hello, have you got your COPR? and would you like to share your timeline

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
No. You don't have to show proof of funds. Just fill in the section asking about how much money you have. There's a link in here to a detailed description of how to fill each section. The proof of funds will come up at the interview I believe.

Not sure what you mean by strange but that's the info available for self employed category regarding how much money you should have.
hello, I am a newbie here, but the more i know, the more confused i am. you mean we do not have to submit the documents to show prove of funds? i heard someone got their PR but did not take an interview. so i wonder if we do not show the proof of funds, interview is inevitable?

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
Medicals passed.
Additional POF information submitted.
Passport request and invitation to pre-arrival services received same day.
I just received an update!

31 Oct 2018 - application sent
5 Nov 2018 - application received
1 Feb 2019 - AOR
18 Feb 2019 - AOR LVO Singapore office
14 March 2019 - request for medicals, police checks, rprf

I’m so excited!!! We hope for a new future with Canada...
congrats to you. have you landed? did you write your business plan by yourself? do you have a template that can share with me? thank you so much and wish you a good life in canada

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
I share my application timeline

11 Dec 2018 - application sent
22 Feb 2019 - application received
16 Mar 2019 - AOR
04 Apr 2019 - AOR LVO Rabat office
12 Apr 2019 - request for medicals
22 Apr 2019 - medical exam done
24 Apr 2019 - RPRF request
24 Apr 2019 - RPRF paid

Till waiting, waiting is Hell.....
hi what's your NOC? is there any updates for your case?

Phoebe LEE

Aug 6, 2019
Masters.
Ielts: 8 band
Same NOC: graphic designer
Company has been registered for many years but overall 20 years experience in graphic design - which i mentioned in my application
hi could you tell me how many points do you claim? have you ever been to canada for a business trip or does your company have business contact with canada? did you submit a business plan and if yes, how many pages?
many questions, thank you so much for your help

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Can I claim self employed, when am going to work 8am - 2pm, then do freelance work from 3 to 10pm, both is verifiable and reference letters is available as well.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
hello, I am a newbie here, but the more i know, the more confused i am. you mean we do not have to submit the documents to show prove of funds? i heard someone got their PR but did not take an interview. so i wonder if we do not show the proof of funds, interview is inevitable?
As best i understand it, the document checklist tells you exactly what forms and supporting documents (AND ONLY THOSE) you need to submit. on the schedule 6A form you put down you're total financial worth, supply a narrative document explaining how you accumulated that worth and that's it. if they wish to see further proof they'll ask for it.

Now, you CAN pre-empt this request i suppose by sending in all of your proofs upfront and i doubt that will make things any worse but you don't HAVE to. :)

Reactions: Vicksy

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
I will like to ask, what if my total money in the bank is not up to proof of funds, but my brother which to support me, should I input the money, my brother wants to use to support me in the networth as well, or I should put it in the place where they ask how much am I coming to Canada with, am a little bit confused

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
I will like to ask, what if my total money in the bank is not up to proof of funds, but my brother which to support me, should I input the money, my brother wants to use to support me in the networth as well, or I should put it in the place where they ask how much am I coming to Canada with, am a little bit confused
the money you have to have HAS to be yours and demonstrably yours for some time; if it suddenly pops into your account then they view that as suspicious. it can't be a loan or a deposit from a friend or family member to bump the amount up to the level required. you have to have earned it and be able to prove how you earned it.

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
the money you have to have HAS to be yours and demonstrably yours for some time; if it suddenly pops into your account then they view that as suspicious. it can't be a loan or a deposit from a friend or family member to bump the amount up to the level required. you have to have earned it and be able to prove how you earned it.
It is actually a gift not loan or borrowed

pintuthakkar

Apr 22, 2015
Alright, People, I will start my process from next month. Wish me luck for godspeed.
My details - 18 years of work experience, Graphic Designer, 40 years (in Sept.), Diploma in Fine Arts, can get 7.5 to 8 in IELTS, wife's career graph and education is same as mine with 14 years of experience, sister in Canada.
Please help me if I will be stuck.