+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
After biometrics what is next step and how much time it will take
Not sure, it's been 2 months and a week after biometrics. On this forum, I have seen at least 2-3 people who didn't have to wait this long. Having said that, there are also several others who had had to wait way longer than this - and who did, finally, get their PR. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope for the best.

Reactions: Nishashah

Nishashah

Mar 11, 2019
Not sure, it's been 2 months and a week after biometrics. On this forum, I have seen at least 2-3 people who didn't have to wait this long. Having said that, there are also several others who had had to wait way longer than this - and who did, finally, get their PR. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope for the best.

Hope for best

Reactions: Palamon

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
Hello its me again, im not sure if this question i will be asking has already been asked. My question is re proof of funds we are almost done compiling the requirements for self employed however we are just wondering as based from the list of the document checklist - it is not enlisted re bank statement of account. Even it is not included on the list do we still have to submit it or simply do not send it at all? Hope someone can answer my query. Thank you.

Taoufikk77

Mar 6, 2018
Morocco
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
IELTS Request
08-10-2017
Hello its me again, im not sure if this question i will be asking has already been asked. My question is re proof of funds we are almost done compiling the requirements for self employed however we are just wondering as based from the list of the document checklist - it is not enlisted re bank statement of account. Even it is not included on the list do we still have to submit it or simply do not send it at all? Hope someone can answer my query. Thank you.
You don’t send a proof of funds in your application, you send it if they ask about

Reactions: Laithhisham and gym

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
If you have statements ready do send it with your application. A complete application will ensure quicker response. Or else they will ask for it and then you send it... Which will take up some days in the process.

I submitted my application with everything i could gather (required or not) and it took me 3 months from AOR to COPR.

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
If you have statements ready do send it with your application. A complete application will ensure quicker response. Or else they will ask for it and then you send it... Which will take up some days in the process.

I submitted my application with everything i could gather (required or not) and it took me 3 months from AOR to COPR.
@jimshady Might I ask, which country are you applying from? Did you get two AORs - one from the Canada Immigration office, and the other from your country's immigration office? Or just one?

gym

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
You don’t send a proof of funds in your application, you send it if they ask about
hello toufik so whats new with your application its been a while ? and i guess they didnt ask u for the proof of funds if yes how much i put in the schedule 6a(im my account) i mean what if i put what i have now and after months they ask for it and the amount is not the same anymore?

Nakshatar

Jul 31, 2019
Hi
I wanted help as I am applying from India under self employed in NOC 5131 and i am working on my own from 1998 till date as Producer and Director for films and and Producer for stage shows.my age is 48 and i have bachelor of Art degree from India,I have my spouse and my son of 16 years with me.My spouse is Bachelor of education from India.
just wanted few things to know
Do i need to get ECA from WES done if my scores are more then 35 points ?.Is more points have advantages.
I have not given IELTS till now but i will give.
kindly give me clarity on this.

Last edited:

Amyyy

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Good day everyone. Pls how do I go about applying under self employed in NOC 5212. I am an author. I write educational books used in schools. I studied economics(Bsc). I want to know what my chances are or must I have a certificate in education before I ll be considered?

Reactions: Amos TT

Nakshatar

Jul 31, 2019
Hi
I wanted help as I am applying from India under self employed in NOC 5131 and i am working on my own from 1998 till date as Producer and Director for films and and Producer for stage shows.my age is 48 and i have bachelor of Art degree from India,I have my spouse and my son of 16 years with me.My spouse is Bachelor of education from India.
just wanted few things to know
Do i need to get ECA from WES done if my scores are more then 35 points ?.Is more points have advantages.
I have not given IELTS till now but i will give.
kindly give me clarity on this.
waiting for some clarity from the People who understand the process better...

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018

Thanks for the reply. We actually have the bank statements ready. We will now submit it together with other docs then. Our documents are already complete just getting ready for submission in the CIC office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Question though, this question is already out from my first inquiry.

Which province do you guys think has the best and higher chances that they will grant and accept as a Self-employed? We are torn between Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario VS Halifax, Nova Scotia?

Hope someone can answer my query. Thanks again in advance.

Amyyy

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
I'm starting this thread for those who are considering sending in an application under self-employed category in 2018. @BaNana82 has been extremely helpful so far sharing his own process and timelines. I'm currently collating my documents and have the IELTS on Jan 20.

Once I receive the results, I will be sending my application in. I'm applying under 5121 - authors and writers. Though the current processing time on CIC website says 48 months, I've met several people
I'm starting this thread for those who are considering sending in an application under self-employed category in 2018. @BaNana82 has been extremely helpful so far sharing his own process and timelines. I'm currently collating my documents and have the IELTS on Jan 20.

Once I receive the results, I will be sending my application in. I'm applying under 5121 - authors and writers. Though the current processing time on CIC website says 48 months, I've met several people who received responses within a year or less so don't let the time discourage you as it did me the first time I considered this in 2015.

You can find occupations that fall under self-employed category here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=291&top=6.

Let's all support each other as we proceed on this journey in 2018...:)
good day and thanks for starting this thread. Pls i ll be applying under same NOC 5121. I am an author. I write educational books used in schools here in my country and abroad as well. Will appreciate if you ll guide me on how to apply...

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Thanks for the reply. We actually have the bank statements ready. We will now submit it together with other docs then. Our documents are already complete just getting ready for submission in the CIC office in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Question though, this question is already out from my first inquiry.

Which province do you guys think has the best and higher chances that they will grant and accept as a Self-employed? We are torn between Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario VS Halifax, Nova Scotia?

Hope someone can answer my query. Thanks again in advance.
Choice of where to live may depend on the relevance of your NOC in a particular province. If for example you apply under a fashion NOC it may make more sense to say you’re headed to Toronto which is the fashion hub of Canada. Do some research and try to preempt questions a visa officer could ask while reviewing your file