+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi Nornor, I think you got me wrong . I have made my application through Self Employed Category about 6 months ago.
What I am trying to find out , current trend of processing times.
On myimmitracker.com I was able to see CEC,FSW inland -outland , PNP , spousal application cases and current trend of processing times. The only type of cases I couldnt find was ours Self Employed Category. If any one could find it out , please let us know here.
It will help us know the actual processing times instead of the generic 23-months.
I don't know what immitracker is but the processing time ranges from 6 - 8 months if you go through timelines shared in the thread. However, some people have taken as long as 12 - 14 months. In most cases, it is definitely less than 23 months unless a special case.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi everyone, av gone through the page from the start.
Am a photographer in my home country
Below are the list of my documents to prove am self employed..
3 years statement of account showing payments from clients for my photography work
-registered company name certificate
-invoices
-individual tax certificate
-Complimentary business cards
-reference letters from clients
-Instagram page showing some of my work
-I have a website showing my photograph portfolio
- I have a business plan to show I will be self-employed in canada
But while talking to an immigration lawyer, she said I have to a world class photographer to qualify which is kind of confusing...
Can anyone who has gone through the process share some light if I stand of chance of getting a pr
Your experience under the self-employed program becomes relevant if - "you have taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level" or "been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics".

Based on your statements, you meet the second criteria as long as you can prove you are willing and able to be self-employed in Canada. I recommend downloading the Entrepreneurs & Self-Employed guide for better clarity. The link has been posted at least 3 times in this thread. HTH.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hello guys and gals. I've been following this thread for many months. I feel like such a stalker. Its just that I don't feel confident in applying just yet.

My Noc is 5244. Its just me. I basically run an online retail store with everything made by myself and my laser engraving machine. Been at it since December 2016. Reason I'm not ready to apply is that my businese doesn't fully support my family, my income just adds to my husband's income. So I'm basically just pushing as hard as I can to make my business more profitable at this stage.

Now with this little introduction I feel less like a stalker lol.

Thank you for all the great input from all going through this.

Regards

Ananda
Hi I dont think your business has to be the one supporting your family as long as you can prove that you were paid for jobs done. The requirement is to have at least 2 years relevant experience, no emphasis is laid on profit made. This is my understanding, I hope others can chip in their bits too. Best wishes.

Reactions: Blissful777

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi I dont think your business has to be the one supporting your family as long as you can prove that you were paid for jobs done. The requirement is to have at least 2 years relevant experience, no emphasis is laid on profit made. This is my understanding, I hope others can chip in their bits too. Best wishes.
Hmmm.....I don't think this is accurate. We were just approved through the Self-Employed stream and the reason they have the two years' relevant experience is precisely so they can assess whether or not you can support yourself and your dependents. If they don't think you can, your chances of denial are significantly increased.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hmmm.....I don't think this is accurate. We were just approved through the Self-Employed stream and the reason they have the two years' relevant experience is precisely so they can assess whether or not you can support yourself and your dependents. If they don't think you can, your chances of denial are significantly increased.
That's an interesting angle to look at it but this stream clearly places no minimum capital requirement on the applicant. And it says you should be able to employ at least yourself, and nothing about providing for your dependents as there are many single applicants here. No stream as far as I know under IRCC places any burden on one applicant to provide for the entire family.
The two years experience in my understanding is to measure how well grounded you are in the sector/field to seamlessly set yourself up in Canada.

Yours is Farm Stream which I believe requires that you show more funds because of the bit around purchasing/managing a farm.

Reactions: yinlei

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
That's an interesting angle to look at it but this stream clearly places no minimum capital requirement on the applicant. And it says you should be able to employ at least yourself, and nothing about providing for your dependents as there are many single applicants here. No stream as far as I know under IRCC places any burden on one applicant to provide for the entire family.
The two years experience in my understanding is to measure how well grounded you are in the sector/field to seamlessly set yourself up in Canada.

Yours is Farm Stream which I believe requires that you show more funds because of the bit around purchasing/managing a farm.
Yes, we're farm stream, but we did not have to provide any proof of profit; only resources to live on at the beginning of the application process. We were not subject to the two-year requirement that we be self-employed; that does not apply to farmers. Ours was purely based on demonstrated ability to provide for ourselves in this capacity.

So, it could be that the bar is low for the two-years' self-employed requirement in terms of profitability.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Yes, we're farm stream, but we did not have to provide any proof of profit; only resources to live on at the beginning of the application process. We were not subject to the two-year requirement that we be self-employed; that does not apply to farmers. Ours was purely based on demonstrated ability to provide for ourselves in this capacity.

So, it could be that the bar is low for the two-years' self-employed requirement in terms of profitability.

The bar is same across this stream. No proof of profit, just proof of resources to support at the beginning etc. Everyone is required to show proof of settlement funds and same amount is applicable to all. For family, funds can be pooled i.e. proof of funds or parts of it can be in the name of a spouse who isnt the principal applicant, CIC only requires that such spouse include a letter confirming that the funds are accessible to the principal applicant.

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
The bar is same across this stream. No proof of profit, just proof of resources to support at the beginning etc. Everyone is required to show proof of settlement funds and same amount is applicable to all. For family, funds can be pooled i.e. proof of funds or parts of it can be in the name of a spouse who isnt the principal applicant, CIC only requires that such spouse include a letter confirming that the funds are accessible to the principal applicant.
Very good. I disagree to some degree based on our experience and inquiries from IRCC, but whatever. They made their requirements quite clear; I am sure they will do the same for the individual above.

Blissful777

May 3, 2019
I agree with you.. minimum 2years of experience is required, it doesn't matter how much you earn, just you have enough proof that u r earning from ur business.

Reactions: Nornor

Hola4bola

Mar 7, 2019
Very good. I disagree to some degree based on our experience and inquiries from IRCC, but whatever. They made their requirements quite clear; I am sure they will do the same for the individual above.
I agree with @Nornor the reason the Schedule 6A form to determine your net worth asks for funds from both the principal applicant and the spouse. The minimum requirement is that you are able to get employment for yourself and that you intend to be self employed in Canada.

Reactions: Nornor

Runroad

Dec 14, 2018
I think the income doesn’t matter. We don’t know for sure as it’s always a different person handling our cases.

But, for all we know it may be a hidden criteria when they are processing your application.

Net worth is an important issue here, that’s why they have a requirement on proof of funds, how much an applicant has to have in cash per person for the application. They don’t want you struggle over there if they decide to give you the PR. This also means that the money side of things is very important in an application.

I have read other forums about how some families struggle over there after their move because of lack of money and the difficulty of getting work there, despite having the minimum amount needed while they got their visas.

I believe the visa officer has to be also convinced that you can make a living on your current skills over there. If not, they would probably deny you on eligibility. Remember, they are expecting people in this category to be self-employed over in Canada, so if at any one stage you’d mention that you’d find a job there or do something unrelated, they’d probably fail your application right away on eligibility grounds.

If they can have such a requirement, it may also be possible that they may be seeing how much you are making in your current self employed situation. It may pose as a big risk to your application under the eligibility part? I’m just guessing. Would you give green lights to an applicant that makes $100-200 a month on self employed? Very hard to make a case here if I was the visa officer. Then again I could be wrong.

Remember to prove that you are paying taxes annually that will also prove how much you earn in a year. I don’t see how they will grant cases to an applicant who doesn’t pay taxes as that is one big proof on the applicant’s application on amount derived from self-employment.

Still, no harm to try man, you will only find out when you submit your application, so all the best!

Grey_Hatz

Nov 21, 2018
Hi Guys,

I just received a request for police report but no medical report request though. Anyone has experience this cause from my understanding, CIC will request for both police report & medical at the same time. Thx

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi Guys,

I just received a request for police report but no medical report request though. Anyone has experience this cause from my understanding, CIC will request for both police report & medical at the same time. Thx
Our requests came separately, too. Medical first, then FBI. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Grey_Hatz
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi Guys,

Didn't you submit police report already when you sent it your application? Nevertheless, they usually request it separately but sometimes, they may request it together. It really depends on case by case. One procedure doesn't fit all...

Reactions: Grey_Hatz

Grey_Hatz

Nov 21, 2018
Didn't you submit police report already when you sent it your application? Nevertheless, they usually request it separately but sometimes, they may request it together. It really depends on case by case. One procedure doesn't fit all...
I did not submit the police report during my application cause it will only be valid for a year and if the PR process took more than a year than I will have to redo.
The other reason is I need to submit police report from 2 different countries and one of it requires a letter from immigration before they can issue the police report. So gonna do both now....

Reactions: Longgv969