+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
We are nearing the end of a roller coaster of a process. We had applied under Self-Employed Farmer Stream (now closed) through an immigration law firm in Canada. We were rejected and filed for Leave and Judicial Review. IRCC offered to settle the case, tacitly implying they were wrong. Here's what it looks like reconstructed. Our notes/dates are in parentheses.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 1, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 5, 2018, about the decision on your application.
  6. (Attorney filed for formal case review November 7, 2018.)
  7. (Attorney received GMCS notes December 7, 2018.)
  8. (Attorney received no response from IRCC re formal review request after thirty days December 8, 2018.)
  9. (Filed application for Leave and Judicial Review on January 4, 2019.)
  10. (Attorney filed Applicant's Record for Leave and Judicial Review February 4, 2019.)
  11. (Received offer from IRCC attorney to settle case February 21, 2019.)
  12. (Application reassigned late February 2019.)
  13. We sent you medical instructions on April 9, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  14. Medical results have been received.
  15. (Attorney received personalized email May 22, 2019, stating agent was finalizing application; noted we hadn't been asked for FBI background checks and that they needed a new copy of one recently renewed passport for a family member.)
  16. (Attorney submitted FBI & PP copy May 22, 2019.)
So great to hear this and glad you didn't give up when they rejected the application. You're almost at the end now. :)

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Most people here applied on their own without agency/lawyer. You can too if you follow the guidelines outlined on the CIC website and on this thread very carefully. That is not to say that using a lawyer is bad, I'm just saying you can save that money.
We used an immigration law firm in Halifax. We could NOT have navigated this process without them, as the stream we were in was a mess. It does cost a lot of $$$, so that's a major consideration. For us, it was worth every penny, as our erroneous rejection has turned into an approval that would never have happened otherwise.

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new member here. I read all your posts and I want to say thank you to everyone. After reading, I have a way to process my situation.
Can I ask a question: Anyone here did the documents with the agent or lawyer and how's about the fee? Thanks so much.
Hey Jenny,
I hired a lawyer in the beginning - (they basically push for the express entry stream - its quick revenue for them) But EE was not an option for me.

Apparently after researching a lot, i knew more than these guys so ended up firing them. Then i applied for the SE stream myself. It is pretty straightforward.

I would recommend just do it yourself (save yourself a lot of money, unless you have a complicated case) - submit everything they asked for - and if there is any issue they will ask you for a revised document online.

This forum helped a lot + the CIC guide is extremely helpful.

Blissful777

May 3, 2019
We have ended our roller coaster of a process. We had applied under Self-Employed Farmer Stream (now closed) through an immigration law firm in Canada. We were rejected and filed for Leave and Judicial Review. IRCC offered to settle the case, tacitly implying they were wrong. Here's what it looks like reconstructed. Our notes/dates are in parentheses.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 1, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 5, 2018, about the decision on your application.
  8. (Attorney received no response from IRCC re formal review request after thirty days December 8, 2018.)
  10. (Attorney filed Applicant's Record for Leave and Judicial Review February 4, 2019.)
  13. We sent you medical instructions on April 9, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  15. (Attorney received personalized email May 22, 2019, stating agent was finalizing application; noted we hadn't been asked for FBI background checks and that they needed a new copy of one recently renewed passport for a family member.)
  17. (Attorney received email with instructions for photographs and PP copies to go to Ottawa May 23, 2019.)
Done!!
Congrats

AnaBotha

Jan 9, 2019
Category........
Hello guys and gals. I've been following this thread for many months. I feel like such a stalker. Its just that I don't feel confident in applying just yet.

My Noc is 5244. Its just me. I basically run an online retail store with everything made by myself and my laser engraving machine. Been at it since December 2016. Reason I'm not ready to apply is that my businese doesn't fully support my family, my income just adds to my husband's income. So I'm basically just pushing as hard as I can to make my business more profitable at this stage.

Now with this little introduction I feel less like a stalker lol.

Thank you for all the great input from all going through this.

Regards

Ananda

number.one

May 22, 2019
Hi all.Thank you for information
received my application 26 Nov 2018
AOR : 8 Feb 2019
No update
Can anybody help how can I contact to CIC , like email, phone number?

THANKS IN advance

Reactions: Amos TT

Blissful777

May 3, 2019
Hi all.Thank you for information
received my application 26 Nov 2018
AOR : 8 Feb 2019
No update
Can anybody help how can I contact to CIC , like email, phone number?

THANKS IN advance
I have same timeline... still no update.. you just need to wait..afterall they (CIC)will tell you same status..

gorkemgrkm

Oct 20, 2017
Hi guys,
I have checked myimmitracker website, but could not find any case about self employed stream. Can anyone help ?

number.one

May 22, 2019
I have same timeline... still no update.. you just need to wait..afterall they (CIC)will tell you same status..
Hi again,Have you done Bio-metrics?Because after receiving AOR on 8 Feb 2019, there was no update up to now even Bio-metrics letter. So Is there anybody help me about my situation ?Should I contact to CIC to ask Bio-metrics letter?

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
We have ended our roller coaster of a process. We had applied under Self-Employed Farmer Stream (now closed) through an immigration law firm in Canada. We were rejected and filed for Leave and Judicial Review. IRCC offered to settle the case, tacitly implying they were wrong. Here's what it looks like reconstructed. Our notes/dates are in parentheses.
  17. (Attorney received email with instructions for photographs and PP copies to go to Ottawa May 23, 2019.)
Done!!
Congratulations!!!!!

Blissful777

May 3, 2019
Hi again,Have you done Bio-metrics?Because after receiving AOR on 8 Feb 2019, there was no update up to now even Bio-metrics letter. So Is there anybody help me about my situation ?Should I contact to CIC to ask Bio-metrics letter?
Hi, in India biometrics started from Jan2019, our lawyer said, we do not required biometrics as we submitted our file in Nov2018 end. However if we receive any communication from CIC regarding biometrics, we have to do it...still no any updates after Feb2019.
U can check on following link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q2

Last edited:

OYEBAMIJIOT

May 23, 2019
Hi everyone, av gone through the page from the start.
Am a photographer in my home country
Below are the list of my documents to prove am self employed..
3 years statement of account showing payments from clients for my photography work
-registered company name certificate
-invoices
-individual tax certificate
-Complimentary business cards
-reference letters from clients
-Instagram page showing some of my work
-I have a website showing my photograph portfolio
- I have a business plan to show I will be self-employed in canada
But while talking to an immigration lawyer, she said I have to a world class photographer to qualify which is kind of confusing...
Can anyone who has gone through the process share some light if I stand of chance of getting a pr

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi there,

I am working on to file my cousin application under Self Employed Category under Librarian (NOC - 5111).
My cousin is working with one of the most reputed University in India as a Librarian (with experience of over 9 years) and now we are in the process to file her application under SE stream for her.

My questions are -
1. Since Librarian is mainly a job thing - how we can make or showcase her to be fit in under the SE category like what statements or any suggestions here.
2. Say the whole of what she will do once land will be based upon how she will fit as a Librarian in Canada and will include the possible work options, say like the job which will help in enhancing the cultural activities in Canada.
3. For English, what basic English language bands means in term of CELIP (in CLB).
Her score is coming up like 74 at the moment out of 100.

Any guidance will help here.

Thanks.
K

Reactions: jaspreet1003

gorkemgrkm

Oct 20, 2017
Start from the very first page of this thread, you will get lots of information
Hi Nornor, I think you got me wrong . I have made my application through Self Employed Category about 6 months ago.
What I am trying to find out , current trend of processing times.
On myimmitracker.com I was able to see CEC,FSW inland -outland , PNP , spousal application cases and current trend of processing times. The only type of cases I couldnt find was ours Self Employed Category. If any one could find it out , please let us know here.
It will help us know the actual processing times instead of the generic 23-months.