+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi guys,
I am an Iranian freelance graphic designer with about 17 years work experience in this, and applied the visa about 4 months ago, whenever you believe or not unfortunately many Iranian’s applications refused by the Warsaw-Poland office, I have been worried about this for my application , I assigned a professional immigration consultant:( (iccrc). My application is in proccessing step and I did the biometrics about 2 weeks ago. would you mind telling me about the next step?
Thanks in advanced
Not sure a professional immigration consultant can do much to be honest. Did they request the biometrics or you proceeded with it on your own? As I recollect, the biometrics are usually done at the same time you submit your passport.

Raminm

Nov 8, 2018
Not sure a professional immigration consultant can do much to be honest. Did they request the biometrics or you proceeded with it on your own? As I recollect, the biometrics are usually done at the same time you submit your passport.
No, as you knew or not about 2 months ago the cic decided to do biometrics after application number and I received their biometrics invitation officially. my immigration consultant is a person how is honest and I trust and satisfied with him.

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Final decision reached. My request was denied.
I got a generic refusal letter yesterday.

Good luck to you, guys. I'm out.

Maya_Maya

Jul 9, 2018

So sorry to hear this. What exactly was the issue? I'm really curious please, can you share more details concerning the generic issue?

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
So sorry to hear this. What exactly was the issue? I'm really curious please, can you share more details concerning the generic issue?
There was no issue. No feedback.
The letter was generic, the same letter they send everyone.

They repeat what's on the website and say you don't qualify.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019

So sorry to hear this. It's surprising since your profession is on the list of approved professions. Frustrating they didn't provide a specific reason. Can you appeal or you can't be bothered with that?

Reactions: epatricio

Grey_Hatz

Nov 21, 2018
Hi guys, how do you prepare the "financial narrative" as requested in the form Schedule 6A? I have all the personal and business tax assessment. Would it be enough to just summarise from it? Thx

moh_kh

Dec 3, 2018
hi guys thanks for this forum, it is so useful, I read all 20 pages and many of my question have been answered through them I am a writer and I have published 6 books since 2 years ago, my problem is that I have no idea how can I prove that I am a self employed writer, are my contracts with publishers enough?
is the number of my books that have been sold important? and can you help me with the significance contribution as a writer?

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
hi guys thanks for this forum, it is so useful, I read all 20 pages and many of my question have been answered through them I am a writer and I have published 6 books since 2 years ago, my problem is that I have no idea how can I prove that I am a self employed writer, are my contracts with publishers enough?
is the number of my books that have been sold important? and can you help me with the significance contribution as a writer?
I applied as a self-employed writer. I just put my book covers and the links to the books on Amazon and other platforms in the document. I also put links to my author page on Goodreads. Additionally, I included screenshots and links of all my published articles online and the link to my profile page for writer's associations I'm a member of. When they asked for proof of funds, I included details of my royalty payments, etc. I never included publisher contracts but feel free to go ahead and include it. Every relevant doc helps the process along.

What do you mean by, "and can you help me with the significance contribution as a writer?"

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi guys, how do you prepare the "financial narrative" as requested in the form Schedule 6A? I have all the personal and business tax assessment. Would it be enough to just summarise from it? Thx
Please go through the thread. This question has been answered a couple of times. Thanks.

moh_kh

Dec 3, 2018
I applied as a self-employed writer. I just put my book covers and the links to the books on Amazon and other platforms in the document. I also put links to my author page on Goodreads. Additionally, I included screenshots and links of all my published articles online and the link to my profile page for writer's associations I'm a member of. When they asked for proof of funds, I included details of my royalty payments, etc. I never included publisher contracts but feel free to go ahead and include it. Every relevant doc helps the process along.

What do you mean by, "and can you help me with the significance contribution as a writer?"
Thank you so much for your explanation
I mean what should I do to impress officers and convince them that I will have a significance contribution

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Thank you so much for your explanation
I mean what should I do to impress officers and convince them that I will have a significance contribution
I think as long as you show that you can generate income from your writing and you plan to continue writing, this is seen as a significant contribution. This is just my assumption though. Have you downloaded the entrepreneur and self-employed guide yet? The link is somewhere in this thread. That should shed more light.

I would say don't worry too much about this and just include as much relevant document as you can and show that you make money from writing. If you don't make enough money from writing to support yourself and/or family fully, then you should have a job in a related field.

Reactions: gmeet2010

woti

May 26, 2018

Hi friend, tell me something, are your books written in English? What is your mother tongue? If english is not your first language, Did you translate any doc?
Thank you in advance!

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi friend, tell me something, are your books written in English? What is your mother tongue? If english is not your first language, Did you translate any doc?
Thank you in advance!
My first language is English. I didn't need to translate anything.