Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
So sorry to hear this. It's surprising since your profession is on the list of approved professions. Frustrating they didn't provide a specific reason. Can you appeal or you can't be bothered with that?
Yes, the whole situation is very weird. We actually had a mass refusal in Brazil this past month. More than 20 cases* in the same Self-Employed category, some people were really qualified. Everyone received generic letters, providing no details for the refusals.

In a private conversation, the officer responsible for analysing the cases said only people with the level of Pablo Picasso (!!) would be approved.

*This had never happened before.

I won't appeal. The cost is too high and it takes a long time. I have to let it go.

I'll provide below some info about myself and my process:

I presented everything I could. High score IELTS (both mine and my wife’s); my PhD degree from UK; my wife’s Masters degree; evidence of relevant experience: letters from clients and job partners, webpages prints, flyers, documents, newspapers, CD / DVD scans, publications, everything I could think of; detailed funds; business plan; detailed description of current investment (hardware, software and services I’ve purchased and use in my Self-employed activities).

More info about my process for illustration purposes:

Points granted according to requirements: 100
Work period: over 10 years (since Jan 2007 to current date).
· More than 10 years of experience in professional sound post-production (music, theatre, film, advertisement and games);
· Works (artistic and academic) presented in England, Portugal, South Korea, Brazil, Slovenia, Germany, Poland, USA and Australia;
· Clients from the UK, France, Brazil, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Canada, USA and Mexico;
· Strong knowledge and experience in Ambisonics and audio for VR/AR, fast growing market in need of specialized workers.
Education:
Principal applicant, PhD in Sonic Arts (UK);
Wife, Masters degree.
IELTS scores:
Principal applicant: Listening 8.5 | Reading 7.5 | Writing 7.5 | Speaking 8 | Overall band score 8.0 | CEFR C1
Wife: Listening 8.5 | Reading 9 | Writing 7 | Speaking 9 | Overall band score 8.5 | CEFR C2
Family members living in Canada as permanent residents:
yes

Last edited:

woti

May 26, 2018
Yes, the whole situation is very weird. We actually had a mass refusal in Brazil this past month. More than 20 cases* in the same Self-Employed category, some people were really qualified. Everyone received generic letters, providing no details for the refusals.

In a private conversation, the officer responsible for analysing the cases said only people with the level of Pablo Picasso (!!) would be approved.

I won't appeal. The cost is too high and it takes a long time. I have to let it go.

I presented everything I could. High score IELTS (both mine and my wife’s); my PhD degree from UK; my wife’s Masters degree; evidence of relevant experience: letters from clients and job partners, webpages prints, flyers, documents, newspapers, CD / DVD scans, publications, everything I could think of; detailed funds; business plan; detailed description of current investment (hardware, software and services I’ve purchased and use in my Self-employed activities).

· More than 10 years of experience in professional sound post-production (music, theatre, film, advertisement and games);
· Works (artistic and academic) presented in England, Portugal, South Korea, Brazil, Slovenia, Germany, Poland, USA and Australia;
· Clients from the UK, France, Brazil, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Poland, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Canada, USA and Mexico;
· Strong knowledge and experience in Ambisonics and audio for VR/AR, fast growing market in need of specialized workers.
Education:
Wife, Masters degree.
IELTS scores:
Principal applicant: Listening 8.5 | Reading 7.5 | Writing 7.5 | Speaking 8 | Overall band score 8.0 | CEFR C1
Wife: Listening 8.5 | Reading 9 | Writing 7 | Speaking 9 | Overall band score 8.5 | CEFR C2
yes
UNBELIEVABLE! It is clear that they are randomly refusing us (brazilians) it is not fair!

Now I'm scary to applying for this category SE.

EPatricio, I am in Canada right now under Work Holiday Visa. The question is:

A) Do you think if I apply within Canada, my work papers will be processed in Brazil??

B)The visa Officer that you keep in touch is located in Brazil?

Thank you, and I am so sorry about your Visa Refusal, it is not fair at all.

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
UNBELIEVABLE! It is clear that they are randomly refusing us (brazilians) it is not fair!

A) Do you think if I apply within Canada, my work papers will be processed in Brazil??

B)The visa Officer that you keep in touch is located in Brazil?

Thank you, and I am so sorry about your Visa Refusal, it is not fair at all.
Well... Honestly, I wouldn't advise an investment in this process. Big gamble.
A) I know that some of those 20-something cases were of Brazilians currently living in Canada.
But something else that we hear is that Sao Paulo's office will be shut down and Brazilian processes will be redirected to Mexico. Yes, actually, some recent Brazilian processes are already in Mexico.

B) I'm not in direct contact with the officer, but yes, this person was working in Sao Paulo.

woti

May 26, 2018
A) I know that some of those 20-something cases were of Brazilians currently living in Canada.
But something else that we hear is that Sao Paulo's office will be shut down and Brazilian processes will be redirected to Mexico. Yes, actually, some recent Brazilian processes are already in Mexico.

B) I'm not in direct contact with the officer, but yes, this person was working in Sao Paulo.
Thank you brother, well, you are highly skilled, try to send your Resume or apply for Jobs here in Canada, who knows you can get a job offer and apply for other type of Work Visa, or even PR.

If you need any help, I can try to help you from here.

Hope you find a way out.

I gave you my e-mail right? So, email me, I added you up on Linkedin, but it looks like you didn't accept my request.

Maya_Maya

Jul 9, 2018

Hello Epatricio, please i would like to know when you submitted your application and when you received yhe generic email of rejection. Like a timeline between submission and rejection if you don't mind. Thank you.

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Hello Epatricio, please i would like to know when you submitted your application and when you received yhe generic email of rejection. Like a timeline between submission and rejection if you don't mind. Thank you.
There you go:

Submitted in December 2016
Refusal November 2018

Shabiii

Apr 18, 2018

Education:
Wife, Masters degree.
IELTS scores:
yes
I'm so sorry to hear that... you are very qualified...we have the same situation in Iranian applications...so many qualified cases have moved to Canada Embassy in Warsaw and rejected almost at the same time...It's so unfair and we can't do anything about it...it seems that the refusals are not based on Documents and Resumes but based on the NATIONALITIES.

Runroad

Dec 14, 2018
Hi all,

Sent SE application on 31st Oct 2018.
Application received on 5th Nov 2018.

Anyone who has also applied recently??

Epatricio, very sorry to hear that. Did they even ask you to go for the Medicals?

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017

Education:
Wife, Masters degree.
IELTS scores:
yes
Wow ,,after going through your profile Iam in a state of shock . It’s so hard to believe that they have raised questions on such a perfect resume . Iam in disbelief and feel really sorry for you . I simply have no words .My advise is try some other stream ( as you have made up your mind not to contest thid query )
I sincerely wish you all the luck and pray that your dream to reach canada is fulfilled
God be with you

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Hi all,

Sent SE application on 31st Oct 2018.
Application received on 5th Nov 2018.

Anyone who has also applied recently??

Epatricio, very sorry to hear that. Did they even ask you to go for the Medicals?
Not really.

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Actually, it raised from 24 to 25 months few months ago - Application processing time was 24 months when I applied in August 2018.
Thanks, @oligaro , that's true. But we are aware of this. If you go through the thread you'll see we've been tracking the changes all along.
When some of us applied, the average waiting time was about 9 years.

oligaro

Jun 26, 2018
Thanks, @oligaro , that's true. But we are aware of this. If you go through the thread you'll see we've been tracking the changes all along.
When some of us applied, the average waiting time was about 9 years.
Yes I know that, but leavingonajetplane2016's post sounded like s/he thought it was the shortest time processing ever... ;)

Reactions: Nornor