+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi all,

Just wanted to post as we put in an application via this route from the UK and received our approval after 13 months. Let me know if anybody has any questions,and I’ll try my best to help.
Thanks for commenting. I'm sure lots of people will have questions including me. ☺. Will PM shortly if that's okay?

Reactions: Nornor
Sep 21, 2018
Hi all,

Just wanted to post as we put in an application via this route from the UK and received our approval after 13 months. Let me know if anybody has any questions,and I’ll try my best to help.
Hi Leeon
could you please share your timeline? when did you have MR?

Leeon

Sep 20, 2018
Hi Leeon
could you please share your timeline? when did you have MR?

SURE:
  • We received your application for permanent residence on May 29, 2017.
  • We started processing your application on June 23, 2017.
  • We sent you correspondence on June 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • We sent you correspondence on April 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • We sent you correspondence on July 6, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • We sent you medical instructions on July 6, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  • Medical results have been received.
  • We sent you correspondence on August 14, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi all,

How wonderful! Congratulations!!! Which stream were you using, if I might ask? IOW, what occupation?

Last edited:

jazminmed

Sep 17, 2018
Good morning, I've been reading your posts and decided to ask if anyone here has applied for Self-employed visa for Quebec. I'm interested in learning about your experience, should I hire a lawyer? I saw the applications, but they're in French only on the website.

I'm a little bit confused with the process. It looks like Quebec has its own immigration processing system. I will appreciate any advice in regard to the application. Do you recommend a lawyer or did you guys submitted it on your own?

Have a great day!
Greetings from Chicago, US

Last edited:

oligaro

Jun 26, 2018
Good morning, I've been reading your posts and decided to ask if anyone here has applied for Self-employed visa for Quebec. I'm interested in learning about your experience, should I hire a lawyer? I saw the applications, but they're in French only on the website.

I'm a little bit confused with the process. It looks like Quebec has its own immigration processing system. I will appreciate any advice in regard to the application. Do you recommend a lawyer or were you guys submitted on your own?

Have a great day!
Hi and welcome!
Yes, Quebec has its own immigration processing system and rules. One major difference between the federal Self employed stream and the Quebec Self employed stream that I'm aware of is you will have to show proof of - at least - $100,000...

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Update - received notification to go for medical test, submit a bunch of information and pay RPRF before end of October. Timeline so far:-

Sent in application - Feb 2018
AOR - April 2018
Medical request and additional information - Sept 2018.

Looks like processing times are improving. :)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018
Update - received notification to go for medical test, submit a bunch of information and pay RPRF before end of October. Timeline so far:-

AOR - April 2018

congratulations!! may i ask which additional information or documents they asked for?

Maya_Maya

Jul 9, 2018
Congra

AOR - April 2018

AOR - April 2018

Congratulations. The timeline is impressive

Leeon

Sep 20, 2018

I'm a little bit confused with the process. It looks like Quebec has its own immigration processing system. I will appreciate any advice in regard to the application. Do you recommend a lawyer or did you guys submitted it on your own?

Have a great day!
Hello, I'm not sure if the rules are a little different for Quebec, but I didn't see the need for a lawyer. For some of the questions I did refer to message boards to ask for help, but most of them were pretty straight forward.

Reactions: jazminmed

Maya_Maya

Jul 9, 2018
Thanks. I'm very excited though trying to pretend I'm not :p. They requested proof of funds, passoport copy, height and eye color and receipt for RPRF payment.
Nice...I'm excited for you. News like yours gives us hope. Pardon my asking but did you provide any proof of fund during your initial application?