+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Nice...I'm excited for you. News like yours gives us hope. Pardon my asking but did you provide any proof of fund during your initial application?
Thanks. I didn't submit any proof. The manual I used from cic website said there's no need to submit proof of funds with application.

I just filled in the schedule 11A, I think, with details of bank accounts, investment, stocks, bonds, credit card, etc. I also submitted a 1 page summary explaining where my income comes from since I became self employed

Reactions: Maya_Maya

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
O
Thanks. I didn't submit any proof. The manual I used from cic website said there's no need to submit proof of funds with application.

I just filled in the schedule 11A, I think, with details of bank accounts, investment, stocks, bonds, credit card, etc. I also submitted a 1 page summary explaining where my income comes from since I became self employed
Actually you are expected to provide proof of 'settlement funds'. It is required for PR application and calculated using the same amount as EE. The one you are not required to provide unless asked is proof of the assets declared in the business form :) It is always best to give CIC as much as you can upfront.

Congratulations again! We're ready to celebrate your PPR :)

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
O

Actually you are expected to provide proof of 'settlement funds'. It is required for PR application and calculated using the same amount as EE. The one you are not required to provide unless asked is proof of the assets declared in the business form :) It is always best to give CIC as much as you can upfront.

Congratulations again! We're ready to celebrate your PPR :)
That's not what the form I filled said. Schedule 6A said to include a narrative document bearing my signature which outlines source of employment income, business income, investment income and inheritance. It also said not to provide supporting documents with the narrative and if necessary, supporting documents will be requested later on in the process.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
That's not what the form I filled said. Schedule 6A said to include a narrative document bearing my signature which outlines source of employment income, business income, investment income and inheritance. It also said not to provide supporting documents with the narrative and if necessary, supporting documents will be requested later on in the process.

We're basically saying the same thing. The business form (Business immigrant schedule 6A) says NOT to provide the evidence of all assets, stocks, bonds etc. declared. However for Permanent Residence application of ANY type you must provide proof of 'Settlement Funds' which is why you have been asked for POF now. If you included it earlier you would not be asked and CIC CANNOT process an application without POF. My point was just to say it is better to include it with one's application at submission which in your case you were not aware of and that's okay.

Congrats again.

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Congrats guys!
I just had 2 questions:
1) as to what documents you provided for the "relevant experience" section.
A portfolio or a narrative or something else?

2) And did you pay the entire fees include PR fees in advance?

Thanks in advance guys.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Congrats guys!
I just had 2 questions:
1) as to what documents you provided for the "relevant experience" section.
A portfolio or a narrative or something else?

2) And did you pay the entire fees include PR fees in advance?

Thanks in advance guys.

1. Put your foot forward. The onus is on you to prove your experience. if you were a visa officer which would you consider stronger Narrative or Portfolio (with visuals of course)?

2. Some people choose to pay all fees upfront, some dont. CIC however advises you pay upfront to avoid delays

maxmode

Aug 15, 2018
Hi,
Does anyone have information about the regulation for applying under self employed for a disabled person?
or any general info about applying for PR for disabled people?
I want to apply for a mouth painter who is paralyzed from neck due to a car accident.
Thank you

Reactions: Nornor

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi,
Does anyone have information about the regulation for applying under self employed for a disabled person?
I want to apply for a mouth painter who is paralyzed from neck due to a car accident.
Thank you
Hi!
Canada encourages diversity and inclusion. As long as you can prove that the applicant will not put any financial pressure on the Canadian health and social services he/she should be fine. Include his/her works and if possible photos and videos of him/her at work.

I pray it all works out well, God bless your heart for being of help to this person.

ash1969

Apr 26, 2017
Hi,
Thank you
Hi
First of all I appreciate your true concern for your friend . You are indeed doing a very noble job .
Now though Iam not an expert in this but i feel if your friend is really talented and has some awards , some proofs of exhibitions at national / international etc or some similar things then maybe he stands a chance . You can search more on this
Canada is really tough otherwise on medical inadmissability rules as another person has rightly pointed out in the forum
A leagal advice from a professional can come handy
I wish you and your friend all be best in this endeavor
All the best . Any other information/advice you can ask . Tc

maxmode

Aug 15, 2018
Hi!
Canada encourages diversity and inclusion. As long as you can prove that the applicant will not put any financial pressure on the Canadian health and social services he/she should be fine. Include his/her works and if possible photos and videos of him/her at work.

I pray it all works out well, God bless your heart for being of help to this person.

Thank you.

maxmode

Aug 15, 2018
Hi
First of all I appreciate your true concern for your friend . You are indeed doing a very noble job .
Now though Iam not an expert in this but i feel if your friend is really talented and has some awards , some proofs of exhibitions at national / international etc or some similar things then maybe he stands a chance . You can search more on this
Canada is really tough otherwise on medical inadmissability rules as another person has rightly pointed out in the forum
A leagal advice from a professional can come handy
I wish you and your friend all be best in this endeavor
All the best . Any other information/advice you can ask . Tc
Thank you.

JLN

Oct 8, 2018
Big Thanks to leavingonajetplane and others on this forum. I am an author (have 2 books published by Harper Collins) on the restaurant business and plan to apply under the Authors & Writers category (NOC code 5121). Is there anything I need to be aware of before applying? The process seems striaght forward and I have got the police certificates, educational credential assessment and ielts done. I am filling the forms now and plan to submit in about a week.

Oct 16, 2018
Q1: No I didn't submit a business plan. I just provided a synopsis of what I would be doing once I arrived.
Q2: I didn't find this information anywhere but I expect this process to last over a year anyway. Processing time last time I checked was 35 months.
Q3. It's the same as mentioned on their website for FSW for 1 person, 2 persons, 3 persons and so on and so forth.
-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,
I am a graphic designer. I intend to go through the self-employed. I'd be happy to send you a business plan to take advantage of that template.

thanks.

best wishes,
Kereng Bandari