+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Selected by Quebec as skill worker,but an old PR (1991) in the way

Mosmos

Aug 28, 2012
I have an old PR (Landing Record sheet from 1991) which I have received as member of the family (my father was the principle applicant). I was not aware of the personal "Landing Record" and applied for Quebec Immigration. Now me and my wife have sent our Quebec selected forms to Federal Immigration office.
Does revoking the old PR face any penalty? Is it possible to give up the old PR while applying as Quebec selected skill worker?

L7

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mosmos said:
I have an old PR (Landing Record sheet from 1991) which I have received as member of the family (my father was the principle applicant). I was not aware of the personal "Landing Record" and applied for Quebec Immigration. Now me and my wife have sent our Quebec selected forms to Federal Immigration office.
Does revoking the old PR face any penalty? Is it possible to give up the old PR while applying as Quebec selected skill worker?

Along with new application send the PRTD application for PR Status Determination, do not deposit the PRTD fee only send the form, u may write on the form the you wanna relinquish your previous PR status.

PRTD application is the formal way to ascertain PR status if person is out of Canada.

Mosmos

Aug 28, 2012
Hello L7

Thank you for your response.
I have been advised to ask for CAIPS note. what is the difference?
I am out side Canada, should be waiting for medical, but I am afraid the old "Landing Record" from 1991 could be in the way.
by PRTD, you mean temporary documents, is that right? How can I find the forms?

Best regards

L7 said:
Along with new application send the PRTD application for PR Status Determination, do not deposit the PRTD fee only send the form, u may write on the form the you wanna relinquish your previous PR status.

PRTD application is the formal way to ascertain PR status if person is out of Canada.