+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Seeking for help] Entry log and Mailing address issue in the Citizenship Applic

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Hi all:

I will be file the citizenship application next months, and I have some questions about my application. I would appreciate if anyone can give me some advise. Thanks

(1) Entry log.

There was two times, when I went to the US., the US. boarder guy did not stamp my passport. (Because I had a I94 by then, and I drove myself). However, when I returned to Canada, the Canadian boarder guy did stamp my passport. Therefore, I have no out-of Canada record but in-to Canada record for that trip. It will be a problem?

Some times, when I am in the Canadian airport, I use the self-service broader, and there is NO entry stamp in my passport either, it will be fine?

(2) Mailing address.

I used to move a lot in the last 5 years. I have all the lease and tax document with all my new address. However, I used a different mailing address for all my bills.
For example, my lease and Tax document is A,B,C, and D. But all the credit card bills goes to A only.
It will be a problem?

(3) Time to apply.

If I apply on 1100 days, is it easy to trigger a RQ? Some body tells me to wait for at least another 2-3 months after the 1096 limits, otherwise, there will be more chances for RQ... But I really have no idea how long I need to wait after the limits...

Much obliged for answering these questions.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(1)

You can get your US record from the following link:

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/i-94-instructions
Use the Passport # on which the US visa was issued.

Order your CBSA report under the Privacy Act - This will give you all the entry details from any port entering Canada.
In the new citizenship applications the CIC asks for consent to get the record on your behalf, unless you want to confirm the dates, there is no need to order the CBSA report.

(2)

Thats a common practice.
Its completly fine.

(3)

There is no guranteee for RQ...its random based on many factors on an application.
Good Luck!

flamingteeth said:
Hi all:

I will be file the citizenship application next months, and I have some questions about my application. I would appreciate if anyone can give me some advise. Thanks

(1) Entry log.

There was two times, when I went to the US., the US. boarder guy did not stamp my passport. (Because I had a I94 by then, and I drove myself). However, when I returned to Canada, the Canadian boarder guy did stamp my passport. Therefore, I have no out-of Canada record but in-to Canada record for that trip. It will be a problem?

Some times, when I am in the Canadian airport, I use the self-service broader, and there is NO entry stamp in my passport either, it will be fine?

(2) Mailing address.

I used to move a lot in the last 5 years. I have all the lease and tax document with all my new address. However, I used a different mailing address for all my bills.
For example, my lease and Tax document is A,B,C, and D. But all the credit card bills goes to A only.
It will be a problem?

(3) Time to apply.

If I apply on 1100 days, is it easy to trigger a RQ? Some body tells me to wait for at least another 2-3 months after the 1096 limits, otherwise, there will be more chances for RQ... But I really have no idea how long I need to wait after the limits...

Much obliged for answering these questions.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Thanks a lot for your reply.

For entry record to the US. You mean that I can now got a full entry log to the US. through the I94 website?

I think someone told me that I need to do an application to FOIA stuff, is it the same?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
Thanks a lot for your reply.

For entry record to the US. You mean that I can now got a full entry log to the US. through the I94 website?

I think someone told me that I need to do an application to FOIA stuff, is it the same?

The process has changed...
you can order it your-self now...It will give you a full record.

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Thanks daktrader,

I just tried the link you gave me, but I could not find the link where I can retrive my travel record..

I just click the URL, "Get I-94 Number Now", right? but I cannot open the page...

Where I should click...

Thanks for this.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to navigate around...
I dont remember the exact steps

Good Luck!

flamingteeth said:
Thanks daktrader,

I just tried the link you gave me, but I could not find the link where I can retrive my travel record..

I just click the URL, "Get I-94 Number Now", right? but I cannot open the page...

Where I should click...

Thanks for this.