+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security Verification !!! Nov 2016 Applicant

TPeAcE

Mar 11, 2018
Hello everyone ,,,

Eligible is is finalized on January 17,2018.
Criminality is valid.
Medical is not been requested yet.
The security verifications are in process .. (SINCE JANUARY 2018 !!!!!!)

i cant link my application to my account ,, it does not seem to work for the past 4 months :(

we have contacted the member of Parliament ,, all she does is follow up every 2 months . but with no new news at all !!!

Is it normal that my security verification is under process since January !!

I can't seem to handle this waiting game .. being apart from my wife and daughter.

DJ_Brazil

Sep 19, 2016
Hello everyone ,,,

Criminality is valid.

i cant link my application to my account ,, it does not seem to work for the past 4 months :(

we have contacted the member of Parliament ,, all she does is follow up every 2 months . but with no new news at all !!!

I can't seem to handle this waiting game .. being apart from my wife and daughter.
I was exactly in the same situation as you are. My application was received in October 2016 and no issues.

January 2018, I got AIP and thought that my security checks started right after it. I called CIC couple times and was informed that background check was still in process.

Last time, I got a really nice agent on phone and she told me that my security checks started in May 2018 and not in January as I thought.

After all, I requested GCMS notes, ATIP notes, called cic every week and got my MP involved.

2 day ago, I got decision made on both side and a cic agent confirmed that my application had been approved.

I suggest you to call CIC, request your notes (it’s free).

I understand that security checks is unpredictable because it depends on each case.

I wish good luck, it’s coming soon!

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
Hello everyone ,,,

Criminality is valid.

Hi, are you outland applicant? Thanks

TPeAcE

Mar 11, 2018
I was exactly in the same situation as you are. My application was received in October 2016 and no issues.

January 2018, I got AIP and thought that my security checks started right after it. I called CIC couple times and was informed that background check was still in process.

Last time, I got a really nice agent on phone and she told me that my security checks started in May 2018 and not in January as I thought.

After all, I requested GCMS notes, ATIP notes, called cic every week and got my MP involved.

2 day ago, I got decision made on both side and a cic agent confirmed that my application had been approved.

I suggest you to call CIC, request your notes (it’s free).

I understand that security checks is unpredictable because it depends on each case.

I wish good luck, it’s coming soon!
Wow !! first of all congrats on reaching this level .. i did request my GCSM noted but i can't seem to know how to read 48 pages, because there are informations about me and my sponsor (my wife) ..

I got my MP involved who is following up with IRCC office , but she only follow up every 2 or 3 months, i don't know why is that !!!!

why they still did not request medicals !!! and is it the last step after security ?

and in my case what is the next step after medicals ?? is there another background check ??

:(

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
Nov 2016 .. have you done your medical yet?
Yes, they requested a second medical or remedical and passed last february. But up to now no news. Almost 7 months. Is this normal? I thought im the only one left for late 2016 apps.

When was the last time you heard from them?

TPeAcE

Mar 11, 2018
Yes, they requested a second medical or remedical and passed last february. But up to now no news. Almost 7 months. Is this normal? I thought im the only one left for late 2016 apps.

When was the last time you heard from them?
I did not receive any letter from them to do medical since the beginning of my application :( .. the last time they sent me an email or anything was on May 2018.. to congratulate me for my new born child who was born in Canada ( because we need to update them about any information ) .. before that was on January 2018 when they sent me Pre-arrival services letter .. THAT'S IT !!

I don't know how many others from 2016 who are still waiting like us ....