ITA Jan 24
AOR Feb 19
MEP Feb 27
Direct IP2 Feb 27
No update since Feb 27
VO Ottawa

Thank you all for your support..!
Awesome congrats buddy!

Just one question, how can you tell you went directly to IP2 and didn't go through IP1 at all? is it a different message?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Awesome congrats buddy!

Just one question, how can you tell you went directly to IP2 and didn't go through IP1 at all? is it a different message?
As soon as my MEP, I have message such as we are processing your bg and its IP2. I haven't seen IP1 at all.

Reactions: jason7449

Deep5911

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi I apply for work permit under bc pnp. I passed my medical exam and now after medical cic request me some additional docs below
1....my old passport photocopies of all pages.
2.... bocz i lived in newzealand last 6 years and they also requested my newzealand stayedlegally papers like ...visas...etc.

I send them all docs yesterday but I want to know is it normal in process or anything complicated in my application . Plz reply those who knows abt these types of requests.. I m so worrying.....

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Hi guys!

I hope someone answers me please...
I am a 2016 applicant inland.

Application was received Dec 2, 2016.
I was requested a police certificate in April 2017 and soon after I submitted it (around May or June) the automatic voice machine started saying "qw are processing your background check"...
I was requested my medical exam last november 2017 and passed.
I was requested a second police certificate this year in May 30th, 2018....

Do you think they are still doing my background check?? Or why is it taking so long? I haven't lived anywhere else other than Mexico and haven't been in a dangerous situation or something..
Please answer!

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
Hi guys!

I was requested a police certificate in April 2017 and soon after I submitted it (around May or June) the automatic voice machine started saying "qw are processing your background check"...

Do you think they are still doing my background check?? Or why is it taking so long? I haven't lived anywhere else other than Mexico and haven't been in a dangerous situation or something..
Please answer!

Hello,
With CIC it seems it is quite normal for them to request duplicate of everything, especially with paper applications as they take so long for processing. So don’t stress, it is quite normal. I was an inland applicant and they requested my police checks and medicals at the beginning and then again towards the end of the processing. But I did eventually get my PR. It took way longer than normal as well. The usual time is 18 months and it took 23 months for the PR to be approved. So it’s all normal for it to take this long. Hope you get yours approved soon.

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Hello,
With CIC it seems it is quite normal for them to request duplicate of everything, especially with paper applications as they take so long for processing. So don’t stress, it is quite normal. I was an inland applicant and they requested my police checks and medicals at the beginning and then again towards the end of the processing. But I did eventually get my PR. It took way longer than normal as well. The usual time is 18 months and it took 23 months for the PR to be approved. So it’s all normal for it to take this long. Hope you get yours approved soon.
Hi!
Thank you for answering!

Can I please ask you a couple of more questions regarding your process so I can have an idea, I know each case is different but I just like to know as much as I can.

When in the process did they interview you? They haven’t called me or anything and also the voice machine still says “Your eligibility has not started yet” is that good or bad? Or what does that mean? My husband was already approved to sponsor.

Also in June1st, 2018 I receive an email from immigration saying that my application was in queue to be processed and when my MP called them they said it is already on someone’s desk? So it means to make a decision?

Thank you!
Have a nice long weekend!!

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
I didn’t have any interview. From my understanding, they will only interview you if they have specific questions or queries. So you might not necessarily have an interview.

If it says the eligibility has not started yet, I guess it probably means a case officer has not been assigned to your file to review it. Once they do, it will update in the system and it will probably say “we are reviewing your eligibility”. You can see a more up to date detail of your file online on CIC website if you have created your own profile online. You can link your paper application to the online account and that shows the most updated information. Hope this helps.

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi guys!

Please answer!
Have you applied for the GCMS notes yet? If not, it would be advisable to apply for one so that you can go through the VO's notes.

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
If anyone has still in the mid of BAckground check??
My background check status started in Oct 2017. Is it normal. its almost 7 months now
if you are outside, it will go up to 10 months, but you are close to getting your clearance.
clearence will be complex for pakistan, iran iraq countries.

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi I apply for work permit under bc pnp. I passed my medical exam and now after medical cic request me some additional docs below
1....my old passport photocopies of all pages.
2.... bocz i lived in newzealand last 6 years and they also requested my newzealand stayedlegally papers like ...visas...etc.

I send them all docs yesterday but I want to know is it normal in process or anything complicated in my application . Plz reply those who knows abt these types of requests.. I m so worrying.....
its normal.

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi guys!

Please answer!
hire a lawyer, something might be wrong in PC, go with a lawyer.

Ahmedhany84

May 8, 2018
Dears

I need ur help here. I had submitted my application Nov17 and they requested more docs on Dec 17. Since then I have been waiting my status shows that my BG is being processed with no updates till now. Im applying under Ontario PNP and am not inland.
Any idea how long it takes or what can be done to expedite.

Also what is the probability for my application to be rejected?
Am really lost and need help. Appreciate it

Last edited:

sureis

Sep 13, 2018
I am an inland applicant,I applied on 28 may 2017 ,and did my medical exam on 27 March 2018. And no undate untill now ,except checking my background without asking any extra documents.
I really dont understand how a huge work they could have to check an ordinary person’s background such long time without any progress !
Each time I call them ,they just let me wait. My application supposed to be done by june 2018 , I already waited for 16 months!

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I am an inland applicant,I applied on 28 may 2017 ,and did my medical exam on 27 March 2018. And no undate untill now ,except checking my background without asking any extra documents.
I really dont understand how a huge work they could have to check an ordinary person’s background such long time without any progress !
Each time I call them ,they just let me wait. My application supposed to be done by june 2018 , I already waited for 16 months!
order for GSMS notes, see where it is stuck