+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS Passport Requests and Stage 2 Approvals 2020

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hey everyone,
I applied for study permit through SDS, with biometrics and upfront medical on July 3rd. Today, October 20th, 2020, I received my passport request letter (IMM 5740) and in my profile in the Final Decision portion it says:

"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details."

I have no idea which office is processing my application but a day prior on October 19th, 2020 I received a correspondence regarding the validity of my biometrics from the Embassy of Canada in Beijing, China.

Good luck and take care everyone!

Best Regards!

EDIT: I applied through SDS
congratulations

• Love
Reactions: Rajivk937
Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
I think it's the secondary office since they give the final decision, but I may be wrong.

In my case, only the case analyst has notes and reviewed my file (primary office - Edmonton). It didn't reach the VO yet (secondary office - Ottawa) who'll give the final decision.

I saw your notes and looks like you're good to go. Right?
I applied for someone. He faced refusal few days after I received AIP. The address on his refusal letter was Singapore Office. So, I believe the final decision will come from our regional office.

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
I think it's the secondary office since they give the final decision, but I may be wrong.

In my case, only the case analyst has notes and reviewed my file (primary office - Edmonton). It didn't reach the VO yet (secondary office - Ottawa) who'll give the final decision.

I saw your notes and looks like you're good to go. Right?
Hey what's the difference b/w analyst and VO? How'd we know looking at the notes?

Paras1012

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hey everyone,
I applied for study permit through SDS, with biometrics and upfront medical on July 3rd. Today, October 20th, 2020, I received my passport request letter (IMM 5740) and in my profile in the Final Decision portion it says:

"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details."

I have no idea which office is processing my application but a day prior on October 19th, 2020 I received a correspondence regarding the validity of my biometrics from the Embassy of Canada in Beijing, China.

Good luck and take care everyone!

Best Regards!

EDIT: I applied through SDS
Hey man congratulations
Can you share the stage 2 approval? It would be very helpful for all of us.