+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS Passport Requests and Stage 2 Approvals 2020

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Hello,

All of the approvals lately were non-SDS. Would like to be updated when CPC Edmonton or Ottawa start sending OPRs or Stage 2 decisions. Please share your timeline here.

Thanks!

GabrielW

Aug 24, 2020
applied on Auguest 10th
recived AIP on Auguest 24th
upfront medical passed on Auguest 23rd
Eligibility started on Auguest 23rd
Bio Sep 2nd

SDS China, shanghai office

Reactions: Petita

fatyma

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Applied 29th July
Biometrics 6th Aug- updated on same day
Medical Passed 3rd Sep
Eligibility started 9th Sep
Series of ghost updates
AIP 7th October
SDS- PAKISTAN

Reactions: Petita

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
I was wondering if stage 2 approvals or pprs are initiated by primary or secondary office??
I think it's the secondary office since they give the final decision, but I may be wrong.

In my case, only the case analyst has notes and reviewed my file (primary office - Edmonton). It didn't reach the VO yet (secondary office - Ottawa) who'll give the final decision.

I saw your notes and looks like you're good to go. Right?

Rajivk937

Sep 6, 2020
Hey everyone,
I applied for study permit through SDS, with biometrics and upfront medical on July 3rd. Today, October 20th, 2020, I received my passport request letter (IMM 5740) and in my profile in the Final Decision portion it says:

"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details."

I have no idea which office is processing my application but a day prior on October 19th, 2020 I received a correspondence regarding the validity of my biometrics from the Embassy of Canada in Beijing, China.

Good luck and take care everyone!

Best Regards!

EDIT: I applied through SDS

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Hey everyone,
I applied for study permit through SDS, with biometrics and upfront medical on July 3rd. Today, October 20th, 2020, I received my passport request letter (IMM 5740) and in my profile in the Final Decision portion it says:

"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details."

I have no idea which office is processing my application but a day prior on October 19th, 2020 I received a correspondence regarding the validity of my biometrics from the Embassy of Canada in Beijing, China.

Best Regards!

Yay! Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: Rajivk937

_vedant_

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hey everyone,

Best Regards!

From which country did you apply?

Reactions: Rajivk937