+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS 2022 Processing Time

Jaffark91

Dec 9, 2022
Hello everyone, just sharing the timeline for my sister's SDS application from Pakistan (Abu Dhabi VO)
Application submitted Nov 15, 2022
Medical Updated Nov 23, 2022
Approval Dec 7, 2022

Timeline was not too far off from the 20 calendar days processing time. Wish everyone applying the very best!
That’s wonderful, congratulations!

Could you provide some insight about your educational background and the course and college/university you applied to? Did you attach an SOP? Also did you use the new IRCC portal or the old one?

Jaffark91

Dec 9, 2022
Hi everyone!

Applied for SDS 12-Sep-22
Refused 29-Sep-22
Reason being “Purpose of visit not consistent with temporary stay”
Immediately applied GCMS notes however no response on it yet

Reapplied 29-Oct-22
Medical updated 7-Dec-22 (incidentally a day after I raised a webform with VO for an update/expedite request)

Waiting impatiently for further updates. SDS applicants from Pakistan please do share your experience and timelines.
Update: Got another ghost update that they’ve started the eligibility review.

Can anyone share how much time it normally takes from eligibility review till the decision?

Last edited:

merwynd0810

Jul 17, 2022
Hey wanted to share my details:

Got into an 1 year Education-based Post Grade Cert course at Brock University for Sept 2022.
Medical upfront
1st application date - 25th May 2022
Biometrics Enrolled - 30th May 2022
Medical Updated - 8th July 2022
Refusal - 9th August 2022

Changed to a 2 year Business Data Analytics Course at Humber College for May 2023
2nd Application Date - 15 November 2022
Medical Updated - 25 November 2022

Awaiting my study permit like a lot of us (A little positive thinking :p). After the first attempt, I consulted an agency (IDP - The company that conducts the IELTS exams). They suggested I should change my course because while it matched my work experience (teaching, curriculum design, 5 years) it didn't match my previous education (Bachelor's in Commerce). I am happy with the switch because I was looking for a career change towards Data anyway. Going through an agency was a much better experience because they knew what they were doing and I knew what I wanted.
I had ordered GCMS notes immediately after the refusal and the officer seems to have had similar concerns so it worked out for the best.

Excerpts from the notes -
PA is 25 years old seeking to obtain an Advance Certificate at Brock University;
The applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing this level of study in Canada is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada, and considering the local options available for similar studies, and the applicant's personal, financial, and family circumstances.
Given the applicant's previous education/employment history, I am not satisfied the motivation to pursue this particular program, at this point in time in Canada, is reasonable;
Noted client has obtained a Bachelor of Commerce from XXX in 2017. The proposed study plan is inconsistent with the applicant's academic/work
history and does not outline a clear career path for which such an educational program would be of benefit. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense when applicant already possesses a higher level of education and considering that a comparable program is offered in home country. I am not satisfied that this is a reasonable progression of studies, which raises concerns regarding applicant's intended purpose in Canada.
Therefore, I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that the applicant meets the requirements of the Act and/or Regulations and would depart Canada by the end of the period authorised for their stay.
Application refused as per R216 (1)(b).
I made sure that my SoP this time around addressed the concerns about switching career paths and showed how it connected to my previous education. I also added a document showing my father's financials and an undertaking from him to take care of my expenses while in Canada.

Let's hope for a quick clearing of backlogs. Pray for me like I am praying for you all!

asm314

Sep 7, 2021
Would anyone be able to comment on how long it takes to get the Visa stamped into the Passport after PPR comes in? The submission is being done at IRCC Delhi, India.

bsingh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
SDS filed on 30 Nov
Medical passed 7 Dec
PPR 14 Dec

Shazam7

Sep 29, 2022
Yes. I mentioned B.Tech than MBA(IT & Finance) followed by 9 years in IT consulting in a Big 4 building up a platform for PhD in IT. Also mentioned that a similar PhD program is not available in India and that I want to work as a faculty in one of the B Schools in India after my PhD.
I have received the PPR and have taken appointment for passport submission at Delhi office for coming Monday. As this is for Jan intake, working on stringent timeline.

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I have received the PPR and have taken appointment for passport submission at Delhi office for coming Monday. As this is for Jan intake, working on stringent timeline.
Hello @Shazam7! My warmest congratulations to you on your success! It must have been an unbelievably hard experience for you. But you have achieved a tremendous personal success and have proven to all of us that it is indeed possible to explain your intentions to the IRCC officers in a right kind of way to get an approval! Absolutely fantastic work on your part and thank you for sharing your journey and being an inspiration to many!

Of course, I cannot help but ask what do you think have made it for you on your forth application that made it a success? How did you improve your SOP and/ or other additional documents in a way that made it click?

descan

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting
Do we usaully get an email if there is any update or we keep checking account for updates ,